Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dexiaz

First 3D Shooter in Microsoft Excel

Guest DILDOMASTER666

This is the most fucking impressive game I have seen all year, wow

Everyday we push our limits to reach awesomeness.

This is one of those achievements.

2 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Pardon my language, but how the fuck?

This game was developed by John Carmack & Ken Silverman with assistant from Bill Gates.

Ok, just joking.

Thanks to "Macro" system. Not like in Doom64, but...you know, scripting...a lot of scripting...that kind of stuff...INSIDE THE MS EXCEL. OMG I STILL CAN NOT BELIEVE IT

I didn't know macros could do sounds and music like that either! Kind of inspires me to get off my lazy ass and program the game I have been thinking of. If they can wedge it into excel then I shouldn't be afraid of doing it in a dedicated game engine.

When DooM first came out, there was a rumor that using a specific set of key-strokes in MS Excel would pull up a map for "DooM". Instead, if I recall rightly, it was simply a lo-res, highly pixellated, "3D" map that the user could wander around in.

This is obviously a major advancement.

To say that this is mind-blowing is the understatement of the year.

I mean, an FPS written with Excel macros? Holy shit.

59 minutes ago, fraggle said:

Not the first. Excel 95 did it first: 

It's not a shooter. It's a demo scene where you just walking. Awesome thing, of course, but not the game like Hovertank/Wolfenstein/Doom/etc

Didn't know about that for some time as well. I heard people made games like pac-man, mines but not 2,5D shooter in doom style. This is really impressive.

This is really interesting. The game looks to be wedged somewhere between the chunky, low-resolution shooters from the Catacombs/Hovertank era, and full-on 3D shooters from the Quake era, with a bit of Doom thrown in. It's a great aesthetic and the game looks fun and well thought out.

Good news! The game is finally released!

I apologize that for a long time there was no news from us, but finally, the long-awaited moment has come, and my son and I are glad to present you the full version of the game (I’ll remind you - or I’ll tell you for those who don’t know - this is the first shooter with this 3D, real action and a bunch of features, written entirely inside an ordinary Excel book). You can download it from this link: https://davevsziggy.wordpress.com/блог/

Looks really neat! Definitely reminded me of that "Hall of Tortured Souls" 3D demo from Excel 95 except this is an actual shooter. Unfortunately i don't have Excel so i can't try it haha!

Uh, looks like the author is patching/updating the game regularly, so here goes the link to the "download" page, not to the file itself:

Download

Also updated in the first post. Thanks for mention this problem!