Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DustFalcon85

Doom 64 coming to PC and modern consoles?

7 hours ago, Ferk said:

Why are they of no use? I do own both a stock N64 with SCART output and a TV with SCART input.

That's what I've always used here in Europe back in the day for N64 and even for my old SNES I used SCART, I didn't have any issues.

The original box usually contained a SCART cable or at least an RGB to SCART converter. At least here in Europe.

Because the N64 doesn’t output RGB, so the SCART is just the same as composite/AV.

12 hours ago, FreakZoneGames said:

Because the N64 doesn’t output RGB, so the SCART is just the same as composite/AV.

Why is using the same as composite/AV of no use?

Even if you might have a difference preference, I wouldn't say it's useless. It's what the stock consoles came with. So in a way it's the intended output many of us grew up with.

image.png.12cf5bb3c0d0f176593f01f469a3d1fe.png

You are right that the converter is not RGB->SCART but composite/AV->SCART (sorry, I got them mixed up), but it does work pretty well for me in my big TV with SCART input.

Oh boy, this is getting better and better.

I'm gonna go berserk if this is true and they fuck it up lol.

And yet, "Production Company" was left blank.

This seems to me more like a "feeling-out" for how it'd be rated as opposed to an actual port.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

4 hours ago, seed said:

Oh boy, this is getting better and better.

I'm gonna go berserk if this is true and they fuck it up lol.

I'll go berserk if other projects got C&D because of this. I hope it doesn't happen tho. I don't wanna see Retribution get a C&D.

11 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

This seems to me more like a "feeling-out" for how it'd be rated as opposed to an actual port.

Most (if not all) game classifications on the website are like that. I looked up the DOOM 2016 and Death Stranding ratings for reference and the "production company" space is also left blank for both of those.

12 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

How do you want to get something rated if you cannot show it? Showing the original, saying "It'll just look like this" will never fly if a product is to be rated for distribution, you have to present the actual product you want to sell or you'd be in deep shit if you ship it with a rating for something else.

2 hours ago, Graf Zahl said:

How do you want to get something rated if you cannot show it? Showing the original, saying "It'll just look like this" will never fly if a product is to be rated for distribution, you have to present the actual product you want to sell or you'd be in deep shit if you ship it with a rating for something else.

Well, my assertion already got disproven by the comment above you, since apparently Australia is either lazy as fuck and doesn't say who the developers are, or doesn't always disclose the developers for some reason or another (i.e; doesn't disclose them for some reason).

Either way, just because it's been rated does not mean it's happening soon. Disgaea 5 Complete is a good example: It was rated by the ESRB in May of 2017, but the actual game wasn't released until May of 2018. It could come out in a few weeks, a few months, or even a year-plus down the line.

6 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

Is it switch exclusive? or is it coming to PC too?

It's a safe bet it's coming to Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

The Switch version is all that was announced because they announced it at a Nintendo Direct event. But the Euro and Aussie ratings boards rated the PC and PS4 versions, so there's no reason it won't come to all the systems.

Just now, Sgt Nate V said:

image.png.c9ac819ccbd6c6063d80def760aa6c4c.png

Well, well, well.

The Blood EX fans are going to be pissed at knowing Doom thumped them again.