Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DRM-MAN

Whats better then GZdoom.

Hello there i am wondering about sourceports and i've come to conclusion that i was getting bored of gzdoom so i want feedback a.s.a.p.

barney1.png

The open steppes, fleet horses, falcons at your wrist and the wind in your hair.

The second image isn't random it's the main character for a wad i'm working on currently.

Just now, Gez said:

The open steppes, fleet horses, falcons at your wrist and the wind in your hair.

What?.

Risen3D is a pretty powerful port to play with, but a super idiosyncratic port to map for, so there's very very little dedicated stuff out there. I'm only aware of Dragon Sector.

1 hour ago, drmman said:

Hello there i am wondering about sourceports and i've come to conclusion that i was getting bored of gzdoom so i want feedback a.s.a.p.

Eduke32

Quakespasm

Yamagi-Quake 2

ECWolf

Bacon.

Anyone who disagrees needs their head examined.

In all seriousness, you could try Playstation Doom or Doom 64, which both tinker with how the game "feels." There's some source ports that bring those both back to PC.

Unless you're looking for a more retro experience, I feel as though GZDoom and PRBoom+ have all the bases covered.

I'm sorry, but I burst out laughing at that picture. It just completely took me by surprise. I was gonna give you a breakdown of several source ports, but it looks like Seed beat me to it.

Well I now have the results here of the interviews and the aptitude tests that you took last week, and from them we've built up a pretty clear picture of the sort of person that you are. And I think I can say, without fear of contradiction, that the ideal port for you is GZDoom.

Well it's about time i seal away this thread. Well in the mean time enjoy this. 

AH.zip

Edited by drmman

This thread + pictures made me feel like I was on /vr/ for a second.

No point answering your question since @seed killed the thread.