Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathWalkerGT

Midi

Alright..... So I was thinking about making some midi tracks but I don't know a good and free program to use.....  Or even some midi converters where you can simply drag a normal song and make it midi I guess.....Do you know any.....???

mp3-to-MIDI converters don't work well (you'll end up with a single-track garbled piano cacophony) and it's best to instead remake the music from scratch. Personally, I recommend Sekaiju for MIDI-making.

I compose pretty much entirely with mouse and keyboard, so no. It most likely helps if you have one and are able to play it, of course, but it's not a necessity.

2 hours ago, DeathWalkerGT said:

Alright..... So I was thinking about making some midi tracks but I don't know a good and free program to use.....  Or even some midi converters where you can simply drag a normal song and make it midi I guess.....Do you know any.....???

That's impossible due to how MIDI works.

Most normal songs are basically analog audio, whose sound is determined by waveforms.

MIDIs are what's called sequenced audio, where the file contains predetermined settings for instruments, and consists of commands telling it to play/not play notes at specific times, occasionally with extra effects.

There is MIDI-creation software, but you will essentially need to learn an entirely different way of composing music.

For example, here's E1M1 from Doom running in such a program.

49 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

That's impossible due to how MIDI works.

Excuse me? You totally can convert Wav or MP3 to midi :)

(It just sounds terrible)

19 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

Excuse me? You totally can convert Wav or MP3 to midi :)

(It just sounds terrible)

That's not what I'd call a MIDI conversion so much as "abusing the fuck out of how MIDI works to trick our ears into hearing sounds that aren't really there."

Thanks to all of you..... for giving your time for this post

PS: I kind of expected that creating MIDI files can't happen this way I would like but that's ok I guess.....

As long as it can get that old-school tone, I'm totally down for that.  There's some epic progressive metal stuff I wanna lay down and hear in that Doom flavor.