Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Varis Alpha

Doom Eternal's campaign is around 18-22 hours long, Marty says

"Featuring new perspectives" ehhh the leak may not have been wrong,

as a side note -- regarding Hugo denying it, well he has to. that's his job. 

I imagine the DLC's will be 2-3 hrs long each similar to the Lost Missions mission pack for Doom 3

Edited by sleepiii

1 hour ago, seed said:

At the same time, if that turns out to be true, then Eternal could be the last Doom game in the foreseeable future. 

If Eternal turns out great and Id adds in proper mod support then I don't mind.

Supporting Eternal with new content for the foreseeable future instead of working on a new game in the series would keep people's thrist for more DOOM in check and would allow Id more resources on different projects as a result.

16 minutes ago, sleepiii said:

"Featuring new perspectives" ehhh the leak may not have been wrong, 

That has been there ever since the Year One Pass was announced back in June. The "leaker" could've taken this information and used it as part of his elaborate hoax.

24 minutes ago, chemo said:

Supporting Eternal with new content for the foreseeable future instead of working on a new game in the series would keep people's thrist for more DOOM in check and would allow Id more resources on different projects as a result.

I agree and it seems like this might be the last doom game for maybe the next 4-5 years and that's fine since they're doing extra campaign dlc's. I think the team at id is insanely talented + they have some of the best industry leading tech at their side, they should be given a chance to make a new IP.

42 minutes ago, chemo said:

Well I am a entitled spoiled doom fan.  I want them to be working on DLC for Doom Eternal while making the third chapter to the series.  I am guessing it will probably end after the 3rd (Doom 666) entry.

18 hours ago, Zemini said:

I think that the much BIGGER question is; does a Year One DLC imply that there will be a Year 2 DLC?

Interesting , Maybe they could be planning something similar to what Namco/Bandai have done with Tekken 7? Really stretch the content out over a long period of time. Tekken 7 came out in 2017 for consoles and they are STILL releasing content. Who knows but you raise an excellent point.

I think they also said 13 hours for Doom 2016 but it took me about half that time to finish it on moderate difficulty (UV I think).

On 9/7/2019 at 12:35 AM, chemo said:

And avoid milking the franchise as well.

I'm looking forward to the DLCs to quench our thirst for blood more Doom before it's time for a new entry in the series. Maybe id will come up with new IPs before that time comes.

I'm assuming id doesn't own Hexen but I would love them to give something like that a crack. Mostly melee focussed with magic in the new engine.

7 hours ago, whatup876 said:

I know id has the publishing rights but Raven Software is under Actvision now.

Unfortunately.

This makes seeing a new Hexen game very unlikely. I'd love a new game tbh.

Has Marty ever mentioned how long the average length for Doom 2016 was in his perspective?  That would be good for a point of reference.

On 9/8/2019 at 5:29 PM, whatup876 said:

I know id has the publishing rights but Raven Software is under Actvision now.

Raven has been banished to the COD mines. Such a waste.

I know what I am about to say is something slightly unrealistic, but with Doom Eternal being so fanservice focused and bringing back a lot of stuff from the previous games, do you think the campaign will have the traditional 32 map structure?

24 minutes ago, DSC said:

I know what I am about to say is something slightly unrealistic, but with Doom Eternal being so fanservice focused and bringing back a lot of stuff from the previous games, do you think the campaign will have the traditional 32 map structure?

That's a bit of an extreme point me thinks, I doubt there's gonna be a total of exactly 32 levels. Doom 2016 was nowhere near 27 (or 36) maps either.

1 hour ago, seed said:

That's a bit of an extreme point me thinks, I doubt there's gonna be a total of exactly 32 levels. Doom 2016 was nowhere near 27 (or 36) maps either.

I know, but, like I said before, Doom Eternal is even more fanservice based than Doom 2016, and so I thought there could be a slim chance...

1 hour ago, DSC said:

I know, but, like I said before, Doom Eternal is even more fanservice based than Doom 2016, and so I thought there could be a slim chance...

Fan service with weapon models and monster designs is understandable, but total number of maps? Why would anyone care about this?

1 hour ago, seed said:

Fan service with weapon models and monster designs is understandable, but total number of maps? Why would anyone care about this?

It is not exactly the number of maps, but more the structure: 30 regular maps, and you can access two secret ones from MAP15. It is very widely used, recognized, and dare even say it, iconic. Appears in Doom 2, both halfs of Final Doom, alot of fan made wads...

36 minutes ago, DSC said:

It is not exactly the number of maps, but more the structure: 30 regular maps, and you can access two secret ones from MAP15. It is very widely used, recognized, and dare even say it, iconic. Appears in Doom 2, both halfs of Final Doom, alot of fan made wads...

I wouldn't say that.

Also, the only reason why only MAP15 and 31 have secret exits, if actually implemented, is because they're hardcoded into the game. You can't have secret exits on other maps apart from those in vanilla, Boom, and MBF.

5 minutes ago, seed said:

I wouldn't say that.

Also, the only reason why only MAP15 and 31 have secret exits, if actually implemented, is because they're hardcoded into the game. You can't have secret exits on other maps apart from those in vanilla, Boom, and MBF.

Alright, then. It really most likely won't have 32 maps in the final release... Like I said in my original comment it is "slightly" unrealistic...

But still, just for fun, if the game were to actually have 32 maps, and considering that it will presumably take 20 hours to finish the game, then each map would take around 40 minutes in a casual play, trying to find all secrets. Of course, the earlier levels would be shorter and less complex, and the exact opposite would be true for the later ones, but they would cancel each other out, I guess.

I hope there's at least one secret level that's an actual level but i don't mind the Slayer Gates bit.

I'm just tired of the throwback retro levels.

20 hours ago, whatup876 said:

I hope there's at least one secret level that's an actual level but i don't mind the Slayer Gates bit.

I'm just tired of the throwback retro levels.

Same here, esp since classic Doom is still very much alive with a very active fanbase.

But, if we are to see some secret classic levels, I sure hope they're going to be true re-imagining of the original.

Also, the way how i see it, the average Eternal level could be big enough to be like 2/3 levels mixed into a chapter, considering the possible amount of content and features since the Mars demo was said to be specific parts of an otherwise bigger level.

I still hope backtracking like in old school Doom is present, even in some specific parts like Phobos base not really being tied into the Mars base debris or something.

Just stumbled across this on the UK PSN store in regards as to what the story expansion DLC would be about - 

"Year One Pass - Two campaign add-ons featuring new perspectives and new ways to play. These standalone stories explore the events that led to Earth’s fall against the demons." 

Heres the link to the full description:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1003-CUSA13275_00-DOOMETERNALDXPRE

2 hours ago, Eurisko said:

Just stumbled across this on the UK PSN store in regards as to what the story expansion DLC would be about - 

"Year One Pass - Two campaign add-ons featuring new perspectives and new ways to play. These standalone stories explore the events that led to Earth’s fall against the demons." 

Heres the link to the full description:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1003-CUSA13275_00-DOOMETERNALDXPRE

I wonder if in Doom Eternal itself we will get any explanation on how Doomslayer returned back to Earth/Mars from wherever he was banished to and how he got rid of the tether (maybe thats what 'upgrading' the suit is all about?) And about hayden and the crucible as well. Also, that picture with the dragons and mech/titans .... ???

Not sure what they mean by new perspectives and new ways to play either