Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Elio AF

(MAPPERS NEEDED)The New Horizons 2

Hello everyone! I'm looking for mappers for "The New Horizons 2", a wad that is NOT as sequel to anyone. The name comes from "The New Horizons", a space project meant to go near Pluto, study and take photographs of it. It is a Doom 2 wad, but in the Doom format with 8 episodes + 1 secret map.

RULES: 

- Mapping will be done in vanilla format

- Wolfenstein SS will be accepted as normal enemies.

- You can either join the discord or post your progress here.

Also, looking for artists, musicians, as well as map testers.

EPISODES:
Episode 1- takes place in a huge spaceship, thus the name, "The Flying City", with mostly tech textures. Metal, silver and gray textures are the most used ones for this episode (to make it look like a fortified and safe spaceship).

Episode 2- takes place in Pluto's moon, Charon, where there are tech textures, combined with little to no hellish textures (to make it look like a neutral, slightly infected base, not Knee-Deep in the Dead or The Shores of Hell, something in between.) All the outdoors textures include vines. Nukage pools are fitting in this episode, with also the use of tech textures and metal ones too. Brown textures also fit in here.

Episode 3- hell. Does this word remind you of anything? This episode is just hell. Wood, marble, rock, all are welcome in here. You basically went to hell to take care of the souls you just sent there.

Episode 4- A very infected base, that reminds you of the shores of hell x10. Marble, brown textures, tech, all are welcome here. Also warehouses if you want.

MAPS:

E1M1- Finnthemapmaker

E1M2- Finnthemapmaker

E1M3- Elio Nako

E1M4- Elio Nako

E1M5- Finnthemapmaker

E1M7- Finnthemapmaker

E1M8- Dr. Sam Kendrick Ellis III, M.D.

E2M1- Elio Nako

E2M2- Elio Nako

E2M3- SilverMiner

E2M4- SilverMiner

E2M5- Elio Nako

E2M6- Elio Nako

E3M1- Elio Nako

E3M2- Elio Nako

E3M3- Elio Nako

E3M4- Elio Nako

E3M5- Elio Nako

E3M6- LowGcifer

E3M7- Elio Nako

E4M5- Elio Nako

E4M9- Elio Nako

All maps, large, medium, small are welcome, if you don't feel satisfied with it, you can ask for help with detailing.

MAPPERS:

Elio Nako

Dr.Sam Kendrick Ellis III, M.D.

Low Gcifer

Finnthemapmaker

Soundtrack:
Elio Nako

Here are the resources and discord:

Discord

TNH2_Resources.zip

Edited by Elio AF

Hey can i do E1M2? Also if it's a doom 2 wad  doesn't that mean the maps should be called MAP01 or something. Sence EM's were only in Ultimate doom.

2 minutes ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

Hey can i do E1M2? Also if it's a doom 2 wad  doesn't that mean the maps should be called MAP01 or something. Sence EM's were only in Ultimate doom.

The mapping format is vanilla, but it doesn't run on chocolate or vanilla doom, because it uses mapinfo. So I'm making episodes through MapInfo. Just name it E1M2

I'll take E3M6, as I love making hell maps. Also, while the maps are being made in Doom format, do they have to be compatible with vanilla? Seeing that the WAD will use MAPINFO, I assume the maps only have to be limit removing in compatibility.

1 hour ago, LowGcifer said:

I'll take E3M6, as I love making hell maps. Also, while the maps are being made in Doom format, do they have to be compatible with vanilla? Seeing that the WAD will use MAPINFO, I assume the maps only have to be limit removing in compatibility.

I was only talking about the maps when I said vanilla. But it necessarily cannot run with ports that don't support MapInfo. Also, if you want to see how difficult the map should be, I can send you E3M7

@Elio Nako Vanilla/limit removing and boom formats ignore mapinfo, so you can freely run them without any problems. They will display default names from Doom 2, unless you make dehacked patch for name replacement for automap and make map name pictures with bitmap font writer. So yeah, you can have both of the worlds as any vanilla, boom map which contains mapinfo and my mentioned things. 

2 hours ago, Misty said:

@Elio Nako Vanilla/limit removing and boom formats ignore mapinfo, so you can freely run them without any problems. They will display default names from Doom 2, unless you make dehacked patch for name replacement for automap and make map name pictures with bitmap font writer. So yeah, you can have both of the worlds as any vanilla, boom map which contains mapinfo and my mentioned things. 

I actually want selectable episodes from the start. Please stick to the original topic.

Edited by Elio Nako : Typo

1 hour ago, Elio Nako said:

I'm actually want selectable episodes from the start. Please stick to the original topic.

Umapinfo with prboom+ fork could do the trick. Anyway, I just had in mind modern megawads - valiant, ancient aliens, eviternity. They have selectable episodes in zdoom/gzdoom, eternity, but you can play continously in prboom+(or crispy or choco if maps are vanilla in other examples) and death exits define end of episode and pistol start in other episode map. In any case, good luck.

13 minutes ago, Misty said:

Umapinfo with prboom+ fork could do the trick. Anyway, I just had in mind modern megawads - valiant, ancient aliens, eviternity. They have selectable episodes in zdoom/gzdoom, eternity, but you can play continously in prboom+(or crispy or choco if maps are vanilla in other examples) and death exits define end of episode and pistol start in other episode map. In any case, good luck.

I like thought of making something like that at first, like a whole episode for vanilla, removing the easiest maps, but right now, that's not a top priority.

@Elio Nako Hey just to make things sure

The format should be Doom:Doom 2 (DoomFormat) with Doom 2 Iwad right.

Should the configurations be on Udmf and ZDoom acs script ?Also i already started to work on the map.

7 minutes ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

@Elio Nako Hey just to make things sure

The format should be Doom:Doom 2 (DoomFormat) with Doom 2 Iwad right.

Should the configurations be on Udmf and ZDoom acs script ?Also i already started to work on the map.

That's the right format. There's no need for script config tho. Good luck on your map!

@Elio Nako EDIT:So i renamed it to E1M2 and the map can only be played on ultimate doom.Should this be happening ?

Edited by Finnthemapmaker

1 hour ago, Finnthemapmaker said:

@Elio Nako I already did dw.But can we use things like 3d floors,coloured sectors  and slopes  ?

I don't think that's even possible on Doom format. Isn't that hexen format?

Edited by Elio Nako

On 9/5/2019 at 2:32 PM, Finnthemapmaker said:

@Elio Nako EDIT:So i renamed it to E1M2 and the map can only be played on ultimate doom.Should this be happening ?

You have to use ZDoom/GZDoom to play anything in Doom 2 that isn't MAP01-MAP32. 

On 9/5/2019 at 8:32 PM, Finnthemapmaker said:

You need to open it on a port that supports console and run it on doom 2. Type map e1m2 to warp there. Or you can just name it map01 and I can change the name later

I'd love to contribute to your project but I'm new to mapping, I haven't even released anything yet (although I'm working on a 9 level wad), so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make something suitable. 

Hi, this project looks interesting so I quickly put together a small map last night to try the concept of the flying city. Let me know what you think of it, as its stands its kind of a e1m1/map01 map, but more of a proof of concept in reality.

Terminal.wad.zip