Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wadmodder Shalton

Anyone want to preserve the iOS and macOS Freedoom games?

Since Apple has been trying hard to migrate both iOS (since iOS 11) and macOS (starting with 10.15 this year) from 32-bit to 64-bit exclusivity in recent years, is anyone really interested in preserving the following Freedoom-based iOS and macOS games by General Arcade and MOALAB? (not counting source ports or the main Freedoom Iwad files available at https://freedoom.github.io)

Here is a full list of these Freedoom/Doom Classic based games:

Doomsday: Hellraiser

Doomsday II: Legions of Hell

Doomsday III: Base Ganymede

Hell on Earth Lite

Doom's Knight

Doomed Heretic

Doomed Freedom

Bastards (by Octavian Stirbei)

Those are the games that I know of, if your able to archive & preserve the Iwads from those games I would be appreciated.

Well that is very unfortunate for few people using iOS devices, just to preserve Doom Classic/Freedoom-based iOS (App Store only) and macOS (Mac App Store only) games.

iTunes version 12.6.5.3 is the last official version to have access to Apple's App Store, so the iOS Doom Classic/Freedoom-based games can have a  chance for preserving & archiving for anyone interested.

I have the Doomsday wads. I'll share 'em when I get back home.

However, even though I have a Mac, I'm really unsure I want to shell dough for games that seemingly had so little effort put into them such as Doom's Knight, Doomed Heretic and Doomed Freedom.

Since macOS Catalina will be released in October 2019, more than 235 32-bit only apps will be removed from the Mac App Store, somebody must grab the 3 remaining MOALAB games from the Mac App Store before they get taken off the store when macOS 10.15 launches this October.

Suppose I do get them, am I even allowed to post the wads on the forums? I don't want to get suspended or banned for doing that.

On 10/18/2019 at 1:59 AM, Wadmodder RiderPùdu said:

I no longer need your guy's help,  because all except Hell on Earth Lite have been archived.

Forgive me for bumping this, but where are these exactly archived? Only if sharing that info is legal, ofcourse.

And what do these consist of? You have written that the levels were generated by Oblige, but in the case of MacOSX, which source port do they use? On Iphone, they obviously use the Doom Classic codebase.

On 5/18/2020 at 6:55 AM, Wadmodder RiderPùdu said:

Yeah, those developers used the Doom Classic codebase for iOS, but the macOS ones used PrBoom.

Any chance as to what specific PRBoom (Plus, non-plus) version was used? Or did they use GLBoom?

On 10/17/2019 at 6:59 PM, Wadmodder Shalton said:

I no longer need your guy's help,  because all except Hell on Earth Lite have been archived.

I know this thread is two years old, but do you still have the lite version missing? I'm asking this because I have a copy of it.

3 hours ago, DannyMan said:

I know this thread is two years old, but do you still have the lite version missing? I'm asking this because I have a copy of it.

Okay then, I'll be interested