Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

My first deh

Heh, yeah, I made my first deh, I feel so proud. Wasn't that hard, Whacked makes it easy. Anyway, without further ado, here it is. It was tested with Eternity and ZDoom but it works better in ZDoom. Read the readme (uber.txt) to find out what this deh does.

Seems to run perfectly with zdoom, this would be a good compliment to nightmare mode. I'd rather be able to see the demons though, I wonder what else you might do with them.

You've never made a single .deh ever, BBG? I mean until now.

I remember the days I used to make some pretty cool weaps with dehacked, but I never had a site and never released any of them.
But now I know DDF, so .deh to me is almost irrelevant. Although I've always wanted to make a DM mod for zdaemon... just keep an eye out for that...

I simply refuse to ever put Win XP, Win ME, Win 2000, or any other windows other than 95 version B or 98SE on a computer of mine. So far it's worked out pretty well for me. Dehacked displays graphics, plays sounds, and does everything else fine whether windowed or full screen.

BBG, this is your first .deh? I've made so many it's no longer funny.

The Heretic said:

i really want wacked. me get it soon. hope it aint as hard and as poorly compatible as dehacked prooved on win ME

I'm wondering what problems you guys are having with Dehacked because I have none of the issues you seem to be referring to. Using Win98 on some computers, Win2000 Pro on another and everything works fine on the Win2K machine.

One thing that some people might not know is that Dehacked will never "just run" when you copy its files to a folder. You need to specifically edit the dehacked.ini file (it's a text file) and put the correct paths in some places. This is a snip from my .ini:

editname = c:\games\editwork\doomhack.exe
normalname = c:\games\doom2\doom2.exe

# The name and location of your Doom WAD.
wadname = c:\games\doom2\doom2.wad

# The path to your Doom directory. This is where Doom will be run
# from when you 'r'un Doom inside DeHackEd.
pathname = c:\games\doom2

# Command line arguments when Doom is run from within DeHackEd.
params = -skill 4 -warp 1

# The directory to look for patch files in.
patchdir = c:\games\editwork

If you don't point dehacked to the proper directory for your doom2.wad and call out a valid directory to save patch files in, I think dehacked will start and immediately bomb, probably closing the DOS window and leaving you wondering what happened.

Heh, I remember I used to make deh files for megawads that didn't have stories, and I'd replace all the story text with stuff that fit the megawad.

Back in the Dehacked days, I made a REALLY silly Deh (ie Imps are moving barrels, archviles's fire was former human's slop animation & sound, etc etc etc) It simply made me crazy. Too bad I lost it a while ago, I woulda posted it too :(

I've never found any really major uses for Dehacked myself. Moslty just silly stuff. Like Zombies and Shotgunners that fired rockets. Except that all rockets travelled at a speed of 1. The courtyeard in E1M2 was like a (very) slowly shifting mine field.

If anyone's looking for some historic DeHackEd stuff, I have a ton on the Doom Links page of my site.

Would anyone know where I can get old Doom update patches? For example v1.1 to v1.2 (I really want this one)? I've already checked the historic and patches directories on 3darchives and id's ftp and could only find patches to upgrade everything to v1.9. The closest thing is the patch to downgrade Ultimate 1.9 to normal full 1.1, which I used to get 1.1. There's all different shareware versions but they're not the same wad or even exe of the full versions. I already have the normal full 1.666 but patches to upgrade to it may be useful for some people.

If no old patches can be found, maybe they can be remade with the MDIFF utility or something mentioned in the text file of U1.9-1.1 downgrade patch.

BigBadGangsta said:

Heh, yeah, I made my first deh, I feel so proud. Wasn't that hard, Whacked makes it easy. Anyway, without further ado, here it is. It was tested with Eternity and ZDoom but it works better in ZDoom. Read the readme (uber.txt) to find out what this deh does.

Nice.....404