Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FanTazTiCxD

You have 30 minutes to make a map - post your results!

You should use prboom then here: http://prboom-plus.sourceforge.net/

anyway i love that idea and decide to give a try, dont how much i succes or failed bur here it goes. And yeah the gameply is completely untested since it was made in last 1,5 min so it could turned out to be easy for you. Looking forward for others work.

Screenshot_Doom_20190909_231547.jpg.cf57046f613a4a53806e1e5f5e57e91c.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20190909_231513.jpg.10e626b3e4eb1d57a31c16573ee91c16.jpg

30min.zip

@FanTazTiCxD Pretty damn hard map with not ennough  ammo for me but really great result for 30min. Thumbs up for the layout as well.

@cambreaKer This map was suprisingly long and played pretty nicely. I really like that result.

F#ck me @rdwpa That map was pretty damn hard for me. Didn't finnish  it (yet) since i sucked in these slaughter map style but the map i think show some serious skills.

@Marlamir First try! Here's a demo. I was expecting an instant-pop cyberdemon due to the time restriction, instead I got to play a chill map. Plenty of ammo.

----------
eodpJzE.png

tud0iqi.png

Here's my contribution. It's cool to see what I can make in 30 minutes with no plan.

30minssw.wad

2 hours ago, FanTazTiCxD said:

Oh no, I drag your demo to gzdoom.exe and it says "cannot play non-gzdoom demos". I don't have any other .exe files for doom. Which one should I use, and where can I download? Or can you maybe help me convert it to a gzdoom demo, if possible?

You need prBoom+ for that. The latest version is 2.5.1.5 here

18 minutes ago, Swalzi said:

Here's my contribution. It's cool to see what I can make in 30 minutes with no plan.

Neat map. This one allows an aggressive route I found really enjoyable. Tried it for a few minutes until I managed to survive it. 

30m_swal_cmax.zip

Here's my contribution:

ArchFun.zip

Map Name: ArchFun

This map is something like Ancient Aliens map01, but with an archvile instead of a cyber.

If you try to kill the archviles, they will keep teleporting. (Until you enter the exit room, then the remaining archviles will get crushed)

Midi: "DDT Rides Again" by Metabolist

ArchFun.jpg.2f349449b413aaa2a93299fca43dd3ce.jpg

14 hours ago, Danlex said:

Here's my contribution:

ArchFun.zip

This map is something like Ancient Aliens map01, but with an archvile instead of a cyber.

If you try to kill the archviles, they will keep teleporting. (Until you enter the exit room, then the remaining archviles will get crushed)

I really liked that one. No critiques really. I guess it'd be easy to rush through and cheese it, but there's not much to be done about that.

@Danlex thank you for that map, very cool, and pretty fun to play.

Here's my entry, I guess

crimson_nectar.zip

Title: Crimson Nectar

Description: The trees and grass in Hell are nourished by the blood of sinners. Why don't you make a contribution...

Music: "Bonetrousle" from Undertale (midi sequenced by Lu9)

Screenshot_Doom_20190910_113005a.png.fcc45d9ce32b5b1e4086511764a6593b.png

22 hours ago, Marlamir said:

You should use prboom then here: http://prboom-plus.sourceforge.net/

I don't understand anything. I downloaded the zip file with prboom, and extracted everything to my regular doom folder. Then I dragged the .lmp file to prboom-plus.exe. It loads up, and the demo starts, except that the demo-movements are done in MAP01 of Doom 2 instead of my map. And so, from previous experience, I create a shortcut of the .exe file, and in that shortcut, I add "-file 30minutes.wad" at the end of the field "destination". And I try again by dragging the .lmp file into the .exe shortcut. Now it loads up a regular intro screen. Nothing more happens. When I choose new game, my own map plays, and I can move the player normally. But there's not a sight of any demo... Shit man... How do I do this?

6 minutes ago, FanTazTiCxD said:

I don't understand anything. I downloaded the zip file with prboom, and extracted everything to my regular doom folder. Then I dragged the .lmp file to prboom-plus.exe. It loads up, and the demo starts, except that the demo-movements are done in MAP01 of Doom 2 instead of my map. And so, from previous experience, I create a shortcut of the .exe file, and in that shortcut, I add "-file 30minutes.wad" at the end of the field "destination". And I try again by dragging the .lmp file into the .exe shortcut. Now it loads up a regular intro screen. Nothing more happens. When I choose new game, my own map plays, and I can move the player normally. But there's not a sight of any demo... Shit man... How do I do this?

You need load map with demo. If you won't do that, demo will desync. You can simply drag and drop both over prboom+ and it should play far as I remember. 

I just happened to figure that out just in time before you replied ;D It worked... Thank you. And @rdwpa it was fun to watch you play my map, and trying to kill the Baron using every possible weapon available at the end :P You missed the invisibility powerup though... but it was useless anyways, since all monsters were dead

53 minutes ago, JudgeDeadd said:

@Danlex posted map

I tried playing your map but it failed. Instead it just loaded up the regular map01 from doom2. I tried using ultimate doom. Just the regular E1M1... Was this map designed for a specific map (eg. MAP09)?

2 minutes ago, FanTazTiCxD said:

I tried playing your map but it failed. Instead it just loaded up the regular map01 from doom2. I tried using ultimate doom. Just the regular E1M1... Was this map designed for a specific map (eg. MAP09)?

Hm? You must be doing something wrong, it works OK for me (in zdoom and prboom). Maybe the long filename causes a problem?

17 hours ago, Danlex said:

Here's my contribution:

ArchFun.zip

ArchFun.jpg.2f349449b413aaa2a93299fca43dd3ce.jpg

I attached a demo of me trying your map. I died the first time pretty fast because I didn't realize what would happen after shooting the switch! Watch me struggle and have fun, hehe... I used gzdoom.exe to play it. So drag the file into your directory. Play your map using gzdoom, then type in the commands "playdemo alrightletmetry"

alrightletmetry.rar

23 hours ago, Marlamir said:

Posted a map

I tried your map too - watch me play using the demo I attached! Follow the instructions in my previous post if you don't know how to play the demo. This demo is called mashedpotato

mashedpotato.rar

@JudgeDeadd This is a wicked map! Took me several tries and it's high-paced fun. Hitscanners are a nuisance but are essential to force the player to get things done fast. I played a bit safe near the exit and didn't take advantage to get another shot in. You made a pretty replayable map in 30 minutes. Well done!

Here's a demo.

Alright everyone, this is my second attempt at the 30-minute mapping challenge!

Less rooms this time. More work on adding fun parts and mini-challenges. A lot of walls are misaligned, and I forgot to change some textures, but that's what happens when you have so little time!

Here are some screenshots, and the download link. Have fun, and tell me what you think ;-)

A demo-playthrough of my map would be fun to watch, if anyone would mind ;D

image.png.4148fb6824e9a652a349a02a1d8f7d9b.png

image.png.3c376adf88e7a568f310f907ffde2fb7.png

image.png.25c738c5628878b80aa70dd5b6e3dd01.png

image.png.fd1b33aa0889d9e3d77d22713522bb9e.png

image.png.52729b812b9ac21502c270e5a96851f0.png

MySecondAttempt.rar

@JudgeDeadd nice map, pretty tough though. I came close to beating it after the 17th try.

Here's the one I made. Hard to finish a map in only 30 min, but quite fun.

Rushed.wad.zip

Edited by Mike_C : changed wad name

9 hours ago, Mike_C said:

@JudgeDeadd nice map, pretty tough though. I came close to beating it after the 17th try.

Here's the one I made. Hard to finish a map in only 30 min, but quite fun.

Rush.wad.zip

Nice one! Very difficult! But I eventually managed to win. Here's the demo. I used gzdoom for this

demoyouwillneverforget.rar

Well here is my attempt, unfortunately it took me longer than 30 minutes, it took me about 45 minutes to make the geometry then another 15 or so for enemy placement and testing so maybe later i'll post another one which was actually made in 30mins, its a Boom format short hell themed map, you start out in a large open area immediately having to contend with lots of shotgunners and imps then you go into a cave and have to do some platforming over a lava pit while being shot at by more imps and a couple of cacos then you fight a cyberdemon guarding a red skull key at the end (which you need to get in order to open the exit door)

Untitled.png

30minsattempt.rar

4 hours ago, therektafire said:

Well here is my attempt

30minsattempt.rar

Very interesting approach! I liked the start where you HAD to take out the shotgunners as fast as possible, and kind of guess when they were all dead, so you could move out to the dark area, and grab those medikits. Then came the pit-challenge. I really hated that pit! I fell in it several times, and I was just dead and had to start over... And then the cyberdemon. Quite difficult too, but still possible. The worst thing was the pit though! I really like the idea of having these small "challenges" that you progress through. There was the darkness-soldier challenge. The pit challenge. And the cyberdemon challenge. I recorded myself playing your map using this demo. Enjoy! 

youbetteralsotrymymap.rar

@FanTazTiCxD I'm getting an "unknown demo format 70" error when trying to run your demo in prboom, what source port did you record it in?

edit: never mind it was a gzdoom demo apparently

Edited by therektafire

After being stuck in mapping Hell for a while, I've finally forced myself to release something. The layout and gameplay was done is just over 30 minutes with a bit of extra time on lighting and making sure textures are aligned. Straightforward arena fight. Enjoy!

Title: 30 Minutes of Flesh

Format: Boom

Author: Spectre01

Misc. Author Info: Hasn't finished a map in over a year.

Description: Short and punchy BFG romp in a Fleshtech Hell setting with some classic "slaughter 101" gameplay. Takes me over 2 minutes to casually clear and resources shouldn't be an issue.

Midi: War 2, Storm from Serious Sam 3

Download: 30MinutesOfFlesh_S01.zip

Demo: 30min-S01-UVmax-224.zip

bab2pwX.png

Me3D6Ex.png

Edited by Spectre01 : Added demo.

So, this one took decisively longer than 30 minutes to make (not the basic structure, of course; but a lot of time went into play testing and error fixing afterwards), but it's complete with all discovered errors fixed and difficulty settings done.

It's a small and fast map. It's also blue, hence the name... If you don't get stuck anywhere, you can finish it in less than 30 seconds.

I recorded two speedrun demos, one in vanilla (v1.9; bfastvan) and the other one in the latest GZDoom (4.2.1; bfastgzd). Both were done on HMP skill and took 28 seconds each.

Enjoy.

bluefast.zip

bfastvan.zip

bfastgzd.zip

PS, The music is 'Searching for the Enemy' from Wolfenstein 3D map E1M2.

Edited by Get Phobo

@Get Phobo

fun little map with an interesting theme! Gameplay is good too, aside from the spectre swarm. It's only really fun when trying to dodge it instead of slogging through to get 100% kills, which in turn defeats the point of all the ammo.

bluefast_Scypek_25UV.zip

Here's a demo for you, after a few tries I managed to beat it in 25 seconds on UV!