Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

wierd

if u have seen some of the new nintendo commercials you may know what i am talking about. recent add stated all GBA and gamecube games were rated E-T. well i know that is not true cause i can name 2 M rate games for GBA and 4 M rated games for the cube.
Nintendo has seemd to gone soft on its rich ass. i once thought about getting a game cube but decided to use my brothers if i found any good games. Now i know there is nothing wrong with games rate E-T but there were a good number of games that nintendo could have for the system. The M rated games are also 'behind the counter' in several stores(nintendo games, others system's M's are displayed) and then u got the whole dumbing down doom on the GBA and raising wolf3d from T to M.
However what makes the story even wierder is the fact that game cube will be the first to have released and unedited copy of BMX XXX, or so i heard from a few articles. I have seen that game on other systems in an edited format.
recently i find i have to drive a good 25+ miles to buy a number of games as many stores are only carring 'kid friendly' games. has anyone noticed this? i used to get my games at places like meijers(SP?), target, best buy and a few CD shops. now i have to find game only stores or places run by gamers.

Nintendo is definetely weird about game ratings. I understand that they have an image that they want to maintain (perfectly good business practice), but then they turn around and host games like "Conkers Bad Fur Day" (anyone who has played this game knows EXACTLY what Im talking about). Street thugs dont even use that kind of language.

As far as game shopping goes, I dont buy many console games, but the areas I visit are chock full of shops that focus on gaming (Gamestop, Egghead Software, etc...) so finding something is rarely a problem.

I've played the first few levels of Conker 64. Everything in the game is good, except for the excessive foul language that's just there for the sake of being there. It's one thing to have a few curses when it seems realistic, it's entirely another to force everyone to swear like they have a quota to meet. This applies to games, TV, and movies.

Sephiroth said:

However what makes the story even wierder is the fact that game cube will be the first to have released and unedited copy of BMX XXX, or so i heard from a few articles.

a good example of how a cow-patty can be pressed, sprayed with shiny paint, and formed into a disc, then shamelessly called a game.

Nintendo always was odd. Too bad I don't have one, else I'd be playing the Starfox and Mario games. That's right, I said Mario. :P

Sephiroth said:
recent add stated all GBA and gamecube games were rated E-T

That means all the games featured within that particular ad, not all the games ever made or still to be made for those systems.

Ravage, you should also play Metroid Prime. I went throught that game a few weeks ago and found it quite fun. Gameplay was designed very well (not to mention being programmed in the same area Doom was ;-). You have to admit... Texas programmers rock!

FirebrandX said:

Ravage, you should also play Metroid Prime. I went throught that game a few weeks ago and found it quite fun. Gameplay was designed very well (not to mention being programmed in the same area Doom was ;-). You have to admit... Texas programmers rock!

That'd be easy if I had a game cube (or whatever). All I got is my comp. :P

Waiting three months for Metroid Prime will be almost as painful as waiting a year for the next LOTR movie :\

ravage said:

Nintendo always was odd. Too bad I don't have one, else I'd be playing the Starfox and Mario games. That's right, I said Mario. :P

i have both of those on cube and they are good. Starfox is too easy though. Metroid Prime is excellent. I haven't seen any xbux games that come close to this kind of quality.