Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whirledtsar

[Hexen] Lepistus - final

Lepistus is a new Hexen map for GZDoom.
You must find a way into the walled town of Lepistus and ring its sacred bell.

There are books in the level you can interact with to learn more. You can also interact with crystal balls to look through them. Crouching is allowed, and in fact required to progress at one point.
The progression isn't too difficult in my opinion, but there is a walkthrough at the bottom of the text file in case you really need it.
There is plenty of new content along with the classic Hexen action, with new puzzle items, new monsters, a new powerup, a new weapon for each class (slot 4), and a new class to play as, the Ranger. There are also a couple little changes to vanilla actors. Details can be found in txt file. Or you could just play and be surprised!
The framerate in some areas may suffer on less powerful computers due to the amount of visible sectors & 3d floors. I recommend playing without dynamic lights, not only for performance concerns, but because I designed the map without them on and put a good amount of care into sector lighting.

idgames download

ModDB download

Tw9Tv4i.png

965xWXb.png

6gcPnct.png

Edited by whirledtsar

A Hexen wad appears.

Yes, just what I needed :D. I'm gonna check this out soon enough, the screenshots look good.

Spoilers in this video, of course!

This was a really good level! My only 'criticisms' are a handful of bug reports, which this playthrough explores. There were a few points a door would only open once and you'd get stuck - the one leaving the caves, and one leading to a secret for example. The bat puzzle was awesome but I would have loved another crystal ball or another indication of where to go - I forgot about the underground castle's ledges. And lastly, you can skip getting the gem required to enter the crypts, by jumping onto the lip of a nearby pillar, then the roof of the structure in question and dropping down. The gem is a puzzle item inside a secret and I glossed over it until I looked through the readme guide at the bat part and realized after the fact.

This is a very solid work and I loved the cinematics at the ending. Perhaps with a version update some new end text is applicable, too. I hope you make more of these maps as I found this very enjoyable!

Edited by ShadesMaster

9 hours ago, ShadesMaster said:

Spoilers in this video, of course!

This was a really good level! My only 'criticisms' are a handful of bug reports, which this playthrough explores. There were a few points a door would only open once and you'd get stuck - the one leaving the caves, and one leading to a secret for example. The bat puzzle was awesome but I would have loved another crystal ball or another indication of where to go - I forgot about the underground castle's ledges. And lastly, you can skip getting the gem required to enter the crypts, by jumping onto the lip of a nearby pillar, then the roof of the structure in question and dropping down. The gem is a puzzle item inside a secret and I glossed over it until I looked through the readme guide at the bat part and realized after the fact.

This is a very solid work and I loved the cinematics at the ending. Perhaps with a version update some new end text is applicable, too. I hope you make more of these maps as I found this very enjoyable!

Thanks for the video playthrough! Sorry about the one-time doors and sequence break possibility, Ill be sure to fix those.

edit: Updated OP with new link

Edited by whirledtsar

Played the level. It was is good, until I met the bat enigma. You truly don't know where to go, especially because the bat seems to be timed.

I would either:
> add a sphere to show the player where to go
> make the bat form permanent until you find the portal 
> change the location of the portal itself to be behind the king itself. 

For anyone wondering, in the video above, you are shown where to go at 1:10:00

Edited by Mangudai