Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

32 minutes ago, portable refrigerator said:

rip i cant play cause i only got doom 1

nothing stops you from getting doom2

22 minutes ago, portable refrigerator said:

this would be an absolute joy to work with if i knew how to make maps.

+1 . i know the very ultra basic stuff about mapping 

On 9/8/2019 at 9:23 PM, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

if you delete the dehacked file from the wad (assuming the sourceport you are using automatically loads dehacked files within a wad) this problem is fixed

Slightly belated reply, but just to confirm, you don't want to delete the .deh file from the mod.  The .deh file is the mod.  If you delete it, all you're left with is the sprite changes.

5 hours ago, portable refrigerator said:

If you don't have two bucks and religion won't let you ask a friend for a copy of Doom2, you can use Freedoom2. )

8 hours ago, portable refrigerator said:

OK

COOL

i was reading a tutorial but there is no way form me  to get gzdoom builder because it 404's

i was learning how to do it on Doom Builder as i wanted to create something vanilla compatible.

But for gz doom builder you can try to download it from here https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/doombuilder2-gzdb/

5 hours ago, jimkage said:

How do I play this with my XBOX One Controller ?

i see no reason to run an fps game with a controlloer , but you can configure your controller on almost every sourceport

5 hours ago, Bauul said:

Slightly belated reply, but just to confirm, you don't want to delete the .deh file from the mod.  The .deh file is the mod.  If you delete it, all you're left with is the sprite changes.

i know , since D4V was not designed to work with doom1 that's the only way to avoid the soft-lock at e2m8 and e3m8 , it's not worth it of course .

7 hours ago, jimkage said:

How do I play this with my XBOX One Controller ?

To play this you need a source port + an IWAD file (doom.wad, doom2.wad) and the mod itself.

Some source ports (GZDoom) have native controller support, so you just need to go to the settings and enable it.

Others (prboom+) need to be paired with a 3rd party controller config tool (joy2key, xpadder) to be able to play properly.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer

On 9/12/2019 at 12:45 AM, Tango said:

in, I think if you take any dropbox download link and change the "dl=0" at the end to "dl=1", it'll just download the file directly

Ohh, that's so much better! I updated them already, thanks!

17 hours ago, portable refrigerator said:

You can play with Doom 1! Check the last version (v1.2)

Edited by Noiser

This MOD looks really awesome!

Does anyone know if this MOD will work in GZDoom on Ubuntu (or other Debian based) Linux?

Tried to copy all the WAD files to my usr/share/games/doom folder and created a custom launcher on my desktop but none of the WADs loaded.

Any ideas on a work around?

Or will I just have to dust off Chocolate DOOM and see if it runs there?

3 hours ago, Kernel Panic said:

Does anyone know if this MOD will work in GZDoom on Ubuntu (or other Debian based) Linux?

Tried to copy all the WAD files to my usr/share/games/doom folder and created a custom launcher on my desktop but none of the WADs loaded.

as far as i know it's the same as on windows

gzdoom (or path gzdoom) -iwad [iwad file or path to your iwad] -file [wad/s  file or path to your wad/s] 

7 hours ago, Kernel Panic said:

If you like using a GUI, lcferrum from the ZDoom forums forked an updated version of ZDL that is linux compatible.

Just locate your iwads and source ports with ZDL and then drag and drop pwads onto the external files panel.

https://github.com/lcferrum/qzdl/releases

Hi. New poster here. \o

On 9/13/2019 at 9:50 PM, Kernel Panic said:

I run Gentoo linux and I can play this mod using Zandronum and prboom-plus (although GPU acceleration on prboom-plus seems to be lacking, and playing in 4k is quite laggy.).
Next I'll compile odamex and try this mod wit it.

3 hours ago, portable refrigerator said:

AHH DONT YOU GET THE FACT THAT I CANT USE THAT APP! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE PIN MAKES 7ZIP UNUSABLE!!!!!

Pin?

EDIT: Oh sorry. I was on the previous page and missed most recent posts.

hey whoever made the mod can you make it compatible with clusterfuck doom let me know if it posable and if it's not. I would love playing this with cf though

1 hour ago, flames4002 said:

hey whoever made the mod can you make it compatible with clusterfuck doom let me know if it posable and if it's not. I would love playing this with cf though

Spoiler

Nearly impossible and pointless, I'd say. 

First, both mods are made in different ways. Clusterfuck was made using Decorate 

(https://doomwiki.org/wiki/DECORATE)

And this mod was made using Dehacked 

(https://doomwiki.org/wiki/DeHackEd)

Also, while Clusterfuck aims for pure fun (ovefpowered weapons, heavily buffed monsters), this mod is all about balancing; improving vanilla monsters, weapons using a very limited modding tool. So fusing these 2 mod not only make "Doom 4 vanilla" more boring, but can lead to some annoying problems.

Unless you are just talking about adding the new textures in the mod into clusterfuck, then someone will do it for you, otherwise read my above explanation by clicking the reveal hidden contents button ;>

@Noiser, is there a technical reason for SS Soldiers and Keens being regular zombies and imps instead of something else (a new monster)?
Also why did you swap lava and nukage?

Despite those things... An awesome mod!

Hey Noiser, I noticed in the MS-DOS version you're distributing ipxsetup.exe and it appears to be the vanilla one. xttl made an improved version that allows ticdup, basically meaning it allows smoother netplay, and other options like using a custom EXE name rather than doom2.exe, for example. I think distributing this version would make more sense, it's still a DOS EXE and mostly the same of course.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/1738596

22 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Nearly impossible and pointless, I'd say. 

First, both mods are made in different ways. Clusterfuck was made using Decorate 

(https://doomwiki.org/wiki/DECORATE)

And this mod was made using Dehacked 

(https://doomwiki.org/wiki/DeHackEd)

Also, while Clusterfuck aims for pure fun (ovefpowered weapons, heavily buffed monsters), this mod is all about balancing; improving vanilla monsters, weapons using a very limited modding tool. So fusing these 2 mod not only make "Doom 4 vanilla" more boring, but can lead to some annoying problems.

Unless you are just talking about adding the new textures in the mod into clusterfuck, then someone will do it for you, otherwise read my above explanation by clicking the reveal hidden contents button ;>

` i mean like if we could make some of the models show up because I love cf and doom any anything that challenges me. also, you wrong about it would not be boring there are people to this day playing cf doom want proof this guy play it 

and being able to make your wad able to add it to other mods and features I think make the game pop to others see if you all you doom mod makers make these fun mod you can add to other things of all the new and very cool art you have to do with the clusterfuck

it if not possible then you would have to try to work with the creators for the clusterfuck to see if you could join them and help to make cf pop more because a lot of your models look cool but with being able to combine with cf would make a lot of doom people to come back.

13 hours ago, Zucca said:

@Noiser, is there a technical reason for SS Soldiers and Keens being regular zombies and imps instead of something else (a new monster)?
Also why did you swap lava and nukage?

Yes, I had to use their slots for something else, unfortunately. Also, the imps are there to assure compatibility with Doom 64 for Doom 2.

I tried to handle a theme of sorts with the textures. The liquid motif was changed by id themselves - UAC facilities with lava (Meltdown) and hell with toxic waste (Kadingir Sanctum, Titan's Realm). The lava flat was not changed btw, you will see lava in hell as intended.

12 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Hey Noiser, I noticed in the MS-DOS version you're distributing ipxsetup.exe and it appears to be the vanilla one. xttl made an improved version that allows ticdup, basically meaning it allows smoother netplay, and other options like using a custom EXE name rather than doom2.exe, for example. I think distributing this version would make more sense, it's still a DOS EXE and mostly the same of course.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/1738596

Very cool! I confess that I don't know nothing about multiplayer, so I really appreciate your help. I just have to swap the ipxsetup.exe with this one? It will not break anything?

Edited by Noiser

I had to try it, sorry

I died at the end, but because I'm stupid lol

EDIT: The map is hard but very fun. The faster imps were definitely a problem and I was not able to use the rocket launcher because of that. Thankfully the Chaingun was very handy at this point. No-mouse attempt.

Edited by Noiser

Do you still have raw Cyberdemon model rips? They look well enough but I think I may be able to squeeze some more details if I have the raw rips.

2 hours ago, memes4lyfe said:

How were you able to do this in dehacked?

Dehacked is like a puzzle game of sorts, you have to be patient and mish-mash a lot of things. I want to make tutorials to help people out, but you should start with this one made by @Doomkid. It's great!

Edited by Noiser

Something i wonder:

Why does the CyberMancubus shoots an explosive projectile instead of something a bit closer to slime that stays there until it's gone?

Is it a balance thing or a technical one?

I thought of this because i remember the Strife's phosphorous grenade launder and thought that could have been used as a base for the Cybermanc's attack.

I'm just saying this for curiousity, since the mod is still great regardless.

On 9/17/2019 at 10:35 AM, Noiser said:

I had to try it, sorry

This map suddenly has insanely high exposure lol

I'm thinking maybe I'll use this to playthrough Doom 2 or something soon. Even though I'm not a fan of gameplay MOD, but your MOD is just so great that I want to try it.

Just gave it a shot and it looks awesome. Getting my arse kicked by the mobs with unexpected behaviours and relearning to aim with off-center weapons :D

I've ran into an issue, though - E2M8 and E3M8 can't be finished because boss death doesn't trigger end of level anymore. Not sure if known and/or fixable, but would be nice if it worked :P I'm using D4V 1.2, tested in both prboom-plus 2.5.1.7um and gzdoom 4.2.1.

Plutonia w/ D4V Part 1

It's actually pretty fun with Plutonia. I may eventually do the whole game if there isn't a level completely broken because of the changed monster behaviors.

Edited by GarrettChan

Hey, is there going to be an option in future to download or turn off the added soundtrack? As much as I like it, I'd sometimes prefer to play this with the intended soundtrack that some wads offer.