Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Croby

I Can't Play a zandronum Wad game (MM8BDM.Wad) on my android

Hello everyone I am new here!

I also have a problem with delta touch.

Whenever I download it and download a Wad file for it (MM8BDM.Wad), the game doesn't open.

I searched for internet about how I can solve,and the solution was to have an specific folder which is called (com.opentouchgaming.delta.touch) as I remember, and I need this folder to put my Wad files in it to play, but my issue is I can't find, it seems that this folder should be in "Android" folder but I searched for it I found nothing about that delta touch folder.

So please if anyone know why or how I can fix that problem, so please tell me

Thanks for reading!

Do you have your iwads in the correct directory?  Did you move the app to SD?

Seems like you moved the app directory to your sd card.  You'll have to use a file explorer to go into the Android folder on the sd card, it's autocreated when you insert the card so it will be there.  Then you have to follow the file path and place your wads in there.  I would suggest not installing to the sd unless you're familiar with how androids file system works.  There is a small tutorial built into the app, but depending on phone manufacturer your file browser may be different.

30 minutes ago, CrbnBased said:

Do you have your iwads in the correct directory?  Did you move the app to SD?

Seems like you moved the app directory to your sd card.  You'll have to use a file explorer to go into the Android folder on the sd card, it's autocreated when you insert the card so it will be there.  Then you have to follow the file path and place your wads in there.  I would suggest not installing to the sd unless you're familiar with how androids file system works.  There is a small tutorial built into the app, but depending on phone manufacturer your file browser may be different.

Thanks but I would be appreciated if you showed me steps like with photos or just obvious words steps.

Because this process seems hard to me to do, and I really want to play

I'll try my best for a fellow mobile Doomer, I'm on mobile so I apologize for any formatting mistakes.

Delta Touch creates the opentouch folder in your phones root directory, similar to C: on PC.  First thing to do is open your file explorer app.  I have a Pixel 2 and a Galaxy S7 so they look different, but just scroll through your phones files till you see opentouch.  In Opentouch there is another directory labeled Delta.  This is where you'll put your commercial IWADs (Doom.wad, Doom2.wad, udoom.wad, strife.wad, hacx.wad, chex.wad, etc.).  The app will also make folders called mods and maps.  You can sort your mods and maps into these and access them through the Delta interface.

So now you have your IWADs in the right place and your maps and mods in the right place, next is to launch the game with the mod.

On the main selection screen it should show all your existing IWADs, from here you can just push the red play button and play any IWAD.  To load mods tap the keyboard icon next to the play button once you have selected a compatible IWAD.  This brings up a sub menu that is split between mods/wads and args (see pic 1).  Here you'll touch the 3 lines to the right of the mod/wad selection, this brings up the mod/wad menu (pic 2), I've sorted mine in individual file folders on my device, yours may differ.  Now you need to find your mod/map and select it, it'll highlight blue.  Once you've selected your mods/map touch anywhere outside the box to go back to the main screen.  Now you should see text at the bottom, in white, that's your command line, make sure it has your mod/map listed and if it does hit play!

It takes some time to learn these things, just be patient and you'll get it.  I now only play Doom on my phone, I like trying to get demanding maps/mods to load, and really pushing what my little device can do.  Look at my profile on Doomworld for some other tips and such, I've even made some Reddit posts (u/CrbnBased) and a few YouTube videos with some gameplay.  Also feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to help out!

Some complimentary apps that helped me are listed below.

RAR -. Decent file compression tool, I use it for 7z files, native Android does fine for .zips.

Screen Balance - OLED has black crush, makes games like Doom and Quake extremely dark.  Pic 3 below is a test, with black crush everything under 11 is invisible.  With the app I've got it down to 3.  Didn't even notice it until I watched an uploaded video on my TV and there was so much more detail.  Now I'll never trust my phone's screen for accuracy.

Screenshot_20190916-062120.png

Screenshot_20190916-060157.png

blacks.png

46 minutes ago, CrbnBased said:

I'll try my best for a fellow mobile Doomer, I'm on mobile so I apologize for any formatting mistakes.

Delta Touch creates the opentouch folder in your phones root directory, similar to C: on PC.  First thing to do is open your file explorer app.  I have a Pixel 2 and a Galaxy S7 so they look different, but just scroll through your phones files till you see opentouch.  In Opentouch there is another directory labeled Delta.  This is where you'll put your commercial IWADs (Doom.wad, Doom2.wad, udoom.wad, strife.wad, hacx.wad, chex.wad, etc.).  The app will also make folders called mods and maps.  You can sort your mods and maps into these and access them through the Delta interface.

So now you have your IWADs in the right place and your maps and mods in the right place, next is to launch the game with the mod.

On the main selection screen it should show all your existing IWADs, from here you can just push the red play button and play any IWAD.  To load mods tap the keyboard icon next to the play button once you have selected a compatible IWAD.  This brings up a sub menu that is split between mods/wads and args (see pic 1).  Here you'll touch the 3 lines to the right of the mod/wad selection, this brings up the mod/wad menu (pic 2), I've sorted mine in individual file folders on my device, yours may differ.  Now you need to find your mod/map and select it, it'll highlight blue.  Once you've selected your mods/map touch anywhere outside the box to go back to the main screen.  Now you should see text at the bottom, in white, that's your command line, make sure it has your mod/map listed and if it does hit play!

It takes some time to learn these things, just be patient and you'll get it.  I now only play Doom on my phone, I like trying to get demanding maps/mods to load, and really pushing what my little device can do.  Look at my profile on Doomworld for some other tips and such, I've even made some Reddit posts (u/CrbnBased) and a few YouTube videos with some gameplay.  Also feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to help out!

RAR -. Decent file compression tool, I use it for 7z files, native Android does fine for .zips.

Screen Balance - OLED has black crush, makes games like Doom and Quake extremely dark.  Pic 3 below is a test, with black crush everything under 11 is invisible.  With the app I've got it down to 3.  Didn't even notice it until I watched an uploaded video on my TV and there was so much more detail.  Now I'll never trust my phone's screen for accuracy.

blacks.png

Thank You so much for the help, just want to know that I am using zandronum to play MegaMan 8-bit Deathmatch which is a complete mod for zandronum or doom2 as I remember but replaced with Megaman character and assets.

So my question is would it work well in my tablet 7.0 android?

53 minutes ago, CrbnBased said:

blacks.png

So also like that I don't the data file (com.opentouchgaming.delta.touch)?

I just want to play normally in peace without any complications