Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bridgeburner56

Come eat The Mapwich (A collaborative community project) - RC1 available!!!

^

It's nice to hear someone enjoyed our map so much.

I don't think you will be dissapointed by the rest of the pack, there are quite a few high quality maps waiting for you ;)

I've been made aware of a potential exiting issue on the map Erosion. If anyone happens to play that one any bug reports on that particular issue happening would be much appreciated. 

Hotfix v0.8 up with a few hotfixes

- Fix broken exit on map 16

- Intro voice over no longer locks the player in for the full length. You are free to leave after 5 seconds

- A couple of other minor bugs

Just finished Collateral Damage, and of course it wouldn't be (partly) a Bridgeburner map without a monster count of 1600+ to greet you upon arrival. Great architecture and solid, difficult slaughter gameplay. The final arena almost gave me a heart attack, as I (kind of spoilerish if you haven't played the map yet)

Spoiler

was frantically rocket jumping over a horde of Archviles, Revenants and Hell Knights in order to reach the exit a few seconds before my invulnerability sphere ran out.

Good stuff!

Edited by AwakeOnPhobos

@Bridgeburner56 That's more or less what was happening, only the crowd wasn't very happy to be surfed D:

Also, I forgot to mention this in my previous post: you were asking for bug reports on Erosion and on my first run, after I'd lifted the pillar blocking the exit portal with the yellow keycard, the level would not end no matter how many times I ran over the trigger lines. I tried it again just now, idclipping up onto the platform and giving myself the keycard and it worked without problems. Not sure if there's something later in the level that causes it to mess up or if I was just unlucky the first time. I'm on GZDoom 4.1.2 with a few mods like Nashgore and Smooth Weapons that shouldn't really interfere with this kind of thing.

Thanks for that. I think we've isolated the issue that's causing it to break intermittently. Slightly dodgy height check script 

The prodigal son has returneth :p .

Finally got to Mapwich today and I'm loving it so far, though I've only played 2 maps today. Here's a little video for those interested:

Spoiler

I've had a 2nd hand report of the hub resetting half way through a play through which means that previously played maps are opened back up. This is not a bug that will prevent people playing all the maps but will make it confusing regarding what has been finished and will also break the game end script (triggers once all maps have been completed). If this happens to anyone let me know and I'll try identify why. At the moment it's an anecdotal report and has only happened once afaik. 

Glad you're having fun @seed

I came, I saw, I came again. Those screenshots are fucking majestic. My wurst is all dipped in cream now :<

Please tell me these are not all slaughtermaps, my digestive system could go on strike if so.

Look I'll be honest: great-looking mapwich, but I'm not really into sharing my food. Especially if it's, like, a communal thing. Taking turns to bite into it? — that's disgusting. Even if we're family, and we're not. And not to mention everyone has put their hands all over it trying to get purchase so they can sink their teeth into it...

No. Just no! If there's an untouched bit you can cut it out with a clean knife and stick it in the fridge, otherwise I'm good, thanks.

Looks tasty, though. Great presentation. Even got the toothpick in there. That's nice.

8 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

@Yebudoom There's a good mix of play styles in the pack. Probably 4 maps out of the 15 that I'd call proper slaughter.

Thank you, kind sir! Compliments to the cook!

I'm late to the party, but gonna be jumping back into Doom with this and a couple of other new releases.  Belated congrats on the release, bridge and team :)

Hey there, so I was eating my mapwich and suddenly I cannot exit erosion. It's probably that issue you are talking about above. I attached a savegame in case that helps. Running zdoom 4.1.3 and just a sound wad as an extra.

Btw is there any workaround maybe for this? So we can exit to the main map with this one completed.

save17.7z

@eircyeah that's a known bug and it will be fixed for RC2. just type changemap map01 in the console and it will end the map and you wont lose progress (it doesn't reset the playthrough iirc)

Yeah changemap worked perfectly, even considered the map completed in the nexus. Mapwich is back on the menu boys :D

Compatibility with Final Doomer is wierd, animations work but gun damage is vanilla. Maybe add better support for gameplay mods in the future versions?

@Zaratul Specific mod testing is unlikely to the point of non existent for this to be honest. I have no idea where to start with what you are asking but there are no custom assets or decorate (apart from the doom 1 textures and a handful of others) in this so if Final Doomer works with GZDoom wads then it should work with this.

Thanks for playing though :D

Oof, this sounds ridiculously fun (I absolutely love Supercharge, and OTEX is mesmerizing to work with). Just don't know if I could overcome my crippling introvert-ism to actually participate in a meaningful way xD

Regardless, I'll be gleefully looking forward to the end result, that's for sure!

7 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Just don't know if I could overcome my crippling introvert-ism to actually participate in a meaningful way xD

dewit