Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FanTazTiCxD

You have 30 minutes to make a map - post your results!

3 hours ago, FanTazTiCxD said:

Just watched your demo, and you're absolutely right XD You are NOT allowed to use mouse look, otherwise it's way too easy! Come on, try again with mouselook off XD

Wow, looks nice! Let me try it, then I send you a demo!

Aaaand here it is! I recorded it at first, but then made a mistake, and accidentally recorded a new demo with the same name, so that it got replaced. Before this demo, I had a few tries where I failed. Here's my demo though, and it includes a bonus after winning your map!

I have to say, this is one of my favorite maps in this thread! Holy shit, did you really make this in only 30 minutes? It's really clever, and a really nice town-feel! I don't know what the blue key is meant for though... I finished the level without grabbing it... I also liked how there was plenty of ammo for the chaingun, but no ammo around for the super shotgun, so it was the gun to use only when you really needed it

towndemo.rar

Thanks for playing ! But I can't watch your demo because it desync on my version of gzdoom.

simon.png

Map Name : Simon

Build time : 30 minutes

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/242657723332820994/623931614220648512/Simon.zip

I'm just here to claim I don't want my map to feature in any compilation if there're plans to make one, because it's only a base of something more serious for the future and I don't really like the current state of it. That being said, on a positive note, it's the idea in this thread that motivated me to make another actually serious map in a short time frame, so I'm thankful for this (:

As galileo , don't take my maps. I will compile myself in order to have my own wad. It's great thread to have fun exploring new gimmicks. :)

So, if we leave out Galileo's and Roofi's maps, do we have 32 maps then?

Yes, we have.

So, let's do the hub thing.

pas_peno.png

Map name : Péno Mortel

Build time : 30 minutes

Music : Gioachino Rossini

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/292378951588773888/624525296854368309/peno_mortel.zip

Allo_CIA.png

Map Name : Tours jumelles

Build time : 20 minutes

Music : TNT Evilution - map 04

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/292378951588773888/624529751771447297/Tjumelles.zip

Edited by Roofi

24 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Couldn't resist playing this one. Here's a first exit (only goal was to not run out of rockets against revs). 

peno_cpt.zip

Nice I will watch it. :)

mur_trump.png

Map Name : Mur de Trump

Build time : 25 minutes

Music : Duke Nukem 3D - Stalker

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/292378951588773888/624546988704137236/Mur_trump.zip

I attempted this, well this is what I got.

DOOM0094.png.c099131e16baff07fe0f5711c3c4d378.png

Map Name: Not So Nukage Tech?

Build Time: 30 Minutes

Music: Rise of the Triad - Suck This

30min.zip

Whipped up another map. This time a BSTONE themed map.

Screenshot_Doom_20190921_004513.png

Map Name: Piggle

Music: D_RUNNIN

DOWNLOAD

19 hours ago, yakfak said:

gruulhuh.png.d8b508ad37fe3dfa417a1dff2bdf8ad8.png

name: gruul territory

music: batqueen by zan-zan-zawa-veia

build time: 29 minutes

didn't test lol

30mgruul.zip

Cute map. Here's a short demo (PrBoom+ -cl2/vanilla ver. 1.9). (I'm sure it can be done quicker, I chose the safe path.)

30mgruul_gp.zip

16 hours ago, xxWeNxx said:

I attempted this, well this is what I got.

DOOM0094.png.c099131e16baff07fe0f5711c3c4d378.png

Map Name: Not So Nukage Tech?

Music: Rise of the Triad - Suck This

30min.zip

That's a nice little starter. Here's a casual demo.

30min_gp.zip

7 hours ago, Get Phobo said:

I just checked all your FDA files. You seem to have left out my map, too.

oops. here you go.  noisy_bluefast.zip

as for other people's i may have missed there's a good chance i either missed it, or it doesn't run in prboom+ (which several haven't so far)

15 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

Did some chainsaw demos, one slower, one more aggressive.

30mg_misc.zip

very well played :3 the chaos you cause in the faster demo is really cool
it took me four minutes of pillar dancing to beat this when i tried and it killed me a lot of times before that point lol

7 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Did some chainsaw demos, one slower, one more aggressive.

30mg_misc.zip

That was fun! And that map design is certainly good, allowing for a lot of variation.

11 hours ago, pcorf said:

Phobos

This STARTAN3 masterpiece took 31 minutes to make.

Screenshot_Doom_20190928_213444.png

Nice Map! starts easy but ammo gets scarce towards the end. Still, really fun to play!

Here's my second 30min map:

1335285303_ScreenShot2019-09-29at00_04_40.png.fa5bf2868031c143579718e95beb52b5.png

30m2.wad.zip

Map name: dungeon.

build time: 30 min (apart from mapinfo and script writing).

Music: d_dead.

UDMF so Z/GZDoom.

I'm keen on having any or both my maps on the compilation if it's still hapening. If that's the case I might want to change the names for the maps though.. and I'm thinking the music too as to not have repeated tracks on the megawad.

Edited by Mike_C : added screenshot

6 hours ago, Mike_C said:

Nice Map! starts easy but ammo gets scarce towards the end. Still, really fun to play!

30 31 minutes is not long, you're constantly working away like mad and there are bound to be mistakes. I only had like 3 minutes to throw the things in, maybe we could fine tune the maps at a later date. I know players like a real challenge though.

17 minutes ago, pcorf said:

30 31 minutes is not long, you're constantly working away like mad and there are bound to be mistakes. I only had like 3 minutes to throw the things in, maybe we could fine tune the maps at a later date. I know players like a real challenge though.

Ammo wasn't -too- tight. I UV maxed it fairly easily. Got lucky with some barrels and long hallway shotgun blasts that took out multiple monsters though.

image.png.f85023981fac23de279ccc68f1cb35d3.png

Would appreciate if everyone's 30 minute maps would stop looking like my 6 hour maps though.