Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BBQgiraffe

what do you think of the version of GTA:SA that Rockstar just released

for a limited installing the new Rockstar launcher you get a free copy of GTA:SA, I've seen videos of a new camera bug but I haven't gotten it myself.

it also has a new DLL named "MTXL.dll" probably something DRM related, it also doesn't have Hot Coffee content, it's also based on the mobile version.

Sounds terrible like most re-releases these days. Censored, buggier, toned down and all-in-all disrespectful to the original.

I heard from friends it was the same. They complained about it being the same since it doesn't run well on new systems, but it never ran well, yet it ran better than the GTA 3 and Vice Cities in terms of controls. New camera bug wouldn't sound the same though.

Rockstar launcher asks you to search for other Rockstar games on your PC. If it finds a game say on Steam... it says you can play it on Steam. I would prefer they just give me a free copy on their service, but whatever. GOG has a lot of games they just give you free if its in your Steam library. Depends on the publishers of course.

Edited by geo

I doubt it's actually based on the mobile port. I haven't heard anything about that but tbh i haven't looked into it to deeply. I did DL the Rockstar launcher and GTA:SA since i don't own a legit copy of the game on PC. I do have an old downloaded copy with a crack on my old laptop and 1TB external HDD though (the original uncut version) that i used to play all the time, mainly for SA-MP (San Andreas Multiplayer).

I like playing San Andreas with a controller more as that's how i played it on PS2/Xbox (gotta love that auto-aim and the joysticks/triggers for driving) but obviously for multiplayer i got used to playing with mouse/keys when i finally played it on PC for the first time around 2010/2011 (?) or so. I haven't played it in quite some years though lately i've been craving some GTA:SA.

I know that the Steam version of GTA:SA has some half-assed controller and widescreen support but i heard it's not very good (hence the term "half-assed") but there are a few guides to get it up to speed (downgrade it and other fixes). I'm not sure how to do that with the Rockstar launcher version though.

I also don't really want to do all of that just to play it anyways. The last time i played GTA:SA it worked fine since i was using Windows XP. I'm getting kind of sick of fixing games in order to play them, especially since i haven't been playing games for very long lately. I guess i'm just spoiled by source ports lol.

Edited by CyberDreams

It's mostly based on the XBOX 360 version, and have removed and remplaced music tracks (because music liceses), some changes on the textures and ligthing, proper controls for consoles (that make some bug with the camara on PC keyboards) and yeah, don't have Hot Coffe as the only one without it is the FIRST version, others ones on PC was patched (SA have like version 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 (That's the mostly people use to play SA:MP), 2.0 and 3.0. 

1 hour ago, jamondemarnatural said:

It's mostly based on the XBOX 360 version

Well damn. That sucks. I tried that version on my XB1 since if you own the disc version of GTA:SA on the original Xbox and insert it into the XB1, it automatically "updates" it to the newer mobile remastered Xbox 360 port.

I didn't like the mobile Xbox 360 port. The controls sucked (the aiming was horrible!). Also, you know when people talk to you on the street? Well i remember the dialog being all fucked up (missing parts) as well as the negative/positive way of commenting back to them (left d-pad for negative/right d-pad for positive) being reverse (right for negative/left for positive). 

TBH i didn't mind the higher res and brighter colors even though they sorta messed with the original atmosphere of the game (the cars weren't shiny in the original game and they were dirty too). But yeah the music being replaced and well as various other stuff such as the game just being outright buggy. 

What a shame that this is the version that was released on Rockstars official launcher. They don't give a fuck about their legacy anymore. I don't think that you can buy GTA 1 or 2 anywhere online digitally...

9 hours ago, CyberDreams said:

What a shame that this is the version that was released on Rockstars official launcher. They don't give a fuck about their legacy anymore. I don't think that you can buy GTA 1 or 2 anywhere online digitally...

the secret ingredient is crime

On jeudi 19 septembre 2019 at 1:03 PM, geo said:

GOG has a lot of games they just give you free if its in your Steam library.

Yes and no. The GOG connect thing is just an infrequent time-limited operation, so sometimes during special events like the seasonal sales, there'll be a dozen or so games offered on GOG connect so you can get them for free if you have them on Steam, but that's only if you check in while the offer is running.

14 minutes ago, Gez said:

Yes and no. The GOG connect thing is just an infrequent time-limited operation, so sometimes during special events like the seasonal sales, there'll be a dozen or so games offered on GOG connect so you can get them for free if you have them on Steam, but that's only if you check in while the offer is running.

Thanks to know, do you know if anything available for Dusk or Ion Fury?

I still have my CD copy of the game but it's got the shitty patch, it has to be downgraded in order to mod the game.

Edited by Avoozl

20 hours ago, kaleb. said:

Ah, i heard that they were freeware but i couldn't find it on the official Rockstar website. Didn't know that it would link me to another GTA site. Thanks! Not that the games would probably run very well nowadays anyways but its still nice to know that they are downloadable somewhere on the net.