Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erick194

[GEC] Master Edition PSX Doom for the PlayStation. Beta 4 Released [11/16/2022]

3 minutes ago, Đeⓧiaz said:

Well...thanks to GEC Team for the Editing Tools, finally I did the true justice to this stupid ceiling crusher trap.

You still sucked his rocket.

I think somewhat on hold while Erick and Gerardo deal with/recover from exams.

I still need to finish Bloodsea Keep. Been wiped out myself because now I'm back to work, so getting in my "work schedule" where I sleep at two different times of the day. Body isn't happy with it yet and likely won't be for a few more weeks at least.

If team members periodically visit Doomworld, probably there is no need to worry. But if they cheer this topic with their comment, it would be much better and we would be calmer.

Hi guys, I know you are anxious for beta 3, I will try that before the end of this month it is available, in case you wonder why I have not updated the list of maps, it is because there are extra maps that will be present for Masters Levels, My apologies for making them wait so long.

45 minutes ago, Erick194 said:

Hi guys, I know you are anxious for beta 3, I will try that before the end of this month it is available, in case you wonder why I have not updated the list of maps, it is because there are extra maps that will be present for Masters Levels, My apologies for making them wait so long.

Guess I'd better knuckle down this weekend to get Bloodsea Keep done then.

4 hours ago, mr-around said:

Can we choose soundtracks for our maps yet? Or is it up to [GEC]?

AFAIK, just request it to them and they'll see if it fits.

(Fits as in memory-wise, not thematically.)

4 hours ago, mr-around said:

Can we choose soundtracks for our maps yet? Or is it up to [GEC]?

You can choose it! It depends on you!! We can't choose your tracks. In next version, you guys will be able to do this, but be careful with "Larva Circuits" (Final Doom track #4,  Combine level/Actually the last track in game files) if map size is exceeded, it will crash.

18 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

About custom tracks... I think there's no progress yet. 

Maybe we should search for composers which have some experience in music hacking?

42 minutes ago, Đeⓧiaz said:

Maybe we should search for composers which have some experience in music hacking?

Hmmm, I not sure about that. Maybe. What I mean there have no been testings on that. From what I know, the music and sounds is already compiled. It could mean new tracks in the future but not that sure yet.

I hope this time all be well with exits. Because as I remember Beta 2 have wrong secret exit at TEETH (it goes in main menu instead of Bad Dream). Same issues in Beta 1 with wrong exit at Cyberden.

41 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

I hope this time all be well with exits. Because as I remember Beta 2 have wrong secret exit at TEETH (it goes in main menu instead of Bad Dream). Same issues in Beta 1 with wrong exit at Cyberden.

Same for Twilight & Dead Zone, and Pharaoh & Hell Mountain

From what I know, really only a handful of maps remain to be completed.

Granted, I know I've got two of them. But Beta 3 will cover something like 90-95% of the lost content, unless SIGIL got thrown in or something.

1 minute ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Please don't ruin the project...

Well, as I said, Bloodsea Keep is nearly done, but I didn't intend for the conversion of Tech Gone Bad for Beta 3, since I will need to do some definite reducing on that map to make it fit.

Actually, might as well ask here: @Erick194, should I assume PSX Doom limits for that map, or PSX Final Doom limits? Basically need to know because it's got tons of sidedefs, so the original engine means shaving off more of those, but I don't know if you're porting the original PSX maps to the PSX Final engine, or what.

5 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

should I assume PSX Doom limits for that map, or PSX Final Doom limits? Basically need to know because it's got tons of sidedefs, so the original engine means shaving off more of those, but I don't know if you're porting the original PSX maps to the PSX Final engine, or what.

Before the final version is released, map order can change and probably changes need to be applied to particular maps. I've also been in that situation on converting extramap (3DO lost map). I used Doom format in this case. Also can ask @Uroboros87 which engine he used for testing Phobos Mission Control.

3 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

Before the final version is released, map order can change and probably changes need to be applied to particular maps. I've also been in that situation on converting extramap (3DO lost map). I used Doom format in this case. Also can ask @Uroboros87 which engine he used for testing Phobos Mission Control.

Well, nominally speaking, it's E1M8B (like Phobos Mission Control was E1M4B), but of course, the sidedefs limit is much more strict on the original engine than the Final Doom one.

Hence, would like to know from Erick. I'm presuming the original engine unless told otherwise, but that will definitely necessitate me removing a good bit more of the map.

Just now, Erick194 said:

Tech Gone Bad, you must do it with the limits of PSX Doom

Figured, so that'll mean a fair bit more Sidedef burning, but thanks for the confirmation.

6 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

Please don't ruin the project...

Ruin the project?? why? Is there anything you find silly or uninteresting??

I'd like to know your thoughts.

For me it doesn’t matter whether more additional maps are added or not, I, in turn, would like to see a limit of 2 active slots for person who convert maps to get different participants and the process goes faster.

And the good news is that the OP has been updated in the last half of the year.

Edited by riderr3

Mommy! Daddy! Stop arguing! 

I kid. Sure, there are still things that have to be figured out, but you've all done such a great job making progress on this project. It's going to be huge if we get to the point where you can select which PSX soundtrack goes with which level. Music has such a big impact on the ambiance and theme of a level. Anyway, keep up the hard work and please don't lose sight of how much you've already accomplished. Although I haven't really contributed anything yet, I can at least be a cheerleader in the meantime!

Is it possible for the PSX Final DooM maps to use PSX DooM's music? If it is, that'd be cool. :3 (And if so, I nominate GO2IT to use club doom ;) rest of my maps can use whatever you guys feel fits the best.)