Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hyena

The /newstuff Chronicles #107

Wtf.... I don't mind if people rip my textures or music or levels or whatever. It just shows that people appreciate what I do.

Fredrik said:

Wtf.... I don't mind if people rip my textures or music or levels or whatever. It just shows that people appreciate what I do.

Yes and Ola doesn't seem to be getting the appreciation. THANK YOU TO SKULLTAG FOR THESE WONDERFUL TEXTURES.

Fredrik said:

Oh... Good.

Katarhyne said:

How about ripped weapon graphics from SiN, Q3, and Doom 64? And I haven't even downloaded the .wad yet!

It was kind of fun to check the review. First I read about how Hyena suspected ripped graphics, but couldn't quite put his finger on it. So I clicked the first screenshot and ... BAM! the Q3A rocket launcher right in front of me! As a sprite in Doom! LOL!

Fredrik said:

I suppose you are trying to justify your new title there... One thing is allowing people to use your stuff freely, another is when you request that it should not be used with permission and someone takes the stuff and inserts it in some WAD using a variety of assorted ripped resources, in many cases, like this one, not even giving any sort of credit.

Hmm, who knows, maybe you are just trolling...

That's up to you. But what's the WTF you said above in relation to the previous posts? For instance in vrack2.txt you state: Authors may NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels. You may however use the textures in any way that you wish to.

So, what if someone were to use vrack2 as a base for a map when you stated that they can't? It's the same here (in the thread) but in respect to textures. The fact that you allow the reuse of textures has nothing to do with whether or not someone else's textures or whatever can be used or not. That's something that's up to the author, and something for other authors to respect.

mustafa saed said:

I'll rip whatever the F@#k I wanna rip.Graphics,sprites,weapons.
It don' make no difference.

Then you run a big risk of ending up in court.

myk said:

That's up to you. But what's the WTF you said above in relation to the previous posts? For instance in vrack2.txt you state: Authors may NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels. You may however use the textures in any way that you wish to.

So, what if someone were to use vrack2 as a base for a map when you stated that they can't? It's the same here (in the thread) but in respect to textures. The fact that you allow the reuse of textures has nothing to do with whether or not someone else's textures or whatever can be used or not. That's something that's up to the author, and something for other authors to respect.

It was some time since I wrote the Vrack 2 text file. I honestly don't care what people do with something I've given out for free. I do, of course, respect other people's opinions, and I won't use their stuff if they don't want me to, although it'd certainly just be better if they could be as generous as I pretend to be, but hey, I can't change the world.

mustafa saed said:

Hahahahahaha! Please release a wad. I would love to tear it to shreds.

Afterglow said:

I think the person from Parallel team that made a map wanted them included or something... and I *think* Carney asked Ola... I dunno. Either way, it'll be fun to get Ola's reaction once he's back online. :P

Thank you for once again displaying your lack of maturity.

Afterglow,I ain't gonna change my mind, poo poo head.

What mustafa said, implicitly, is that he will not hesitate to rip other people's work, for example the Doom 3 alpha or Windows XP full version, and make them available for download right here on Doomworld!

Moderators!!!

Hey Cyb. You're a shit disturber, y'know that? Good work :)

NiGHTMARE said:

Then you run a big risk of ending up in court.

Question: Yes, mustafa saed is a moron, but could he really end up in court, or would it be worth it if whatever he ripped wasn't even used to make money in the first place, or he wasn't making money off of what he ripped?

Archvile46 said:

Question: Yes, mustafa saed is a moron, but could he really end up in court, or would it be worth it if whatever he ripped wasn't even used to make money in the first place, or he wasn't making money off of what he ripped?

Yes, but only because he strikes me as the kind of person who, upon recieving a cease and desist order, would write back with the words "go f@#k yoselves, fags" (or similar).

"The Pit"

Another good wad in the Blind Alley series!

These levels all have great gameplay and are a real blast to record.

Weapons, ammo, health, and your favorite monsters everywhere. This and more all tuned to perfection by the man himself, Gene Bird!

Don't miss out, kill a monster today! :)

mustafa saed said:

Keep on annoying me: That's definitly the way to go... out.

/me starts banging his fist on the table.
Ban! Ban! Ban! Ban! Ban! Ban!

stphrz said:

Hey Cyb. You're a shit disturber, y'know that? Good work :)

:D

hyena: johnatone does not know what you were on when you made that wad, but he wants some of it. that level was f-ckin' sweet. it's the best thing he's played in two hours. he wants you to release alpha and beta. he also thinks he'll go play that wad again. for the ninety-seventh time. seriously.

johnatone is starting a ban mustafa saed petition.
send you support here: six_threescore_six@yahoo.com

yes, it's stupid to put an email public here, but that's johnatone's shit email, where he allows shit to go. and ban mustafa saed petitions.

Thank you very much, monochrome and johnatone. Good luck on the Multiple Personality Disorder.

Epyo said:

who's johnatone?

monochrome is a band run, managed, and produced by one man: johnathan. johnathan has a happy side known as johnatone. when it's time to be angry, mean, pissed, depressed, et cetera, he reverts to johnathan. in real life he is johnathan 50-90 per cent of the time, and johnatone 50-10 per cent of the time. he also speaks in the third person unless the third person on/off toggle cheat is entered (idstopitbitch).

johnatone also would like to comment that the ban mustafa saed petition is for mustafa's own good, as well as our own.

long live the mancubi.

monochrome said:

monochrome is a band run, managed, and produced by one man: johnathan. johnathan has a happy side known as johnatone. when it's time to be angry, mean, pissed, depressed, et cetera, he reverts to johnathan. in real life he is johnathan 50-90 per cent of the time, and johnatone 50-10 per cent of the time. he also speaks in the third person unless the third person on/off toggle cheat is entered (idstopitbitch).

johnatone also would like to comment that the ban mustafa saed petition is for mustafa's own good, as well as our own.

long live the mancubi.

nice one.

NiGHTMARE said:

Actually, all the Darkening E2 textures it uses are ones I made (the majority of which are simply recoloured versions of Ola's), which they got from Skulltag. And before you ask, I have no idea why my Darkening E2 textures are in Skulltag...

Uh, they are?