Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slayne

Fresh DooM Weapons?

A little advice my dear newbie:

Do not post post immediately after eachother. If you had more to say. Simply edit the other post.

Just warning you before some overzealous mod starts accusing you for being a spammer.

Lord Trasher: The Jackhammer is FULLY automatic, that's why its only a prototype unlike the SPAS-12 or Fabarm FP6 or something, which are semi-automatic. Check out my site below, go to the MoUAC page, and download MoUAC 1.0. Use the jackhammer shotgun. OUCH! Requires EDGE v1.27.

Binding Gun: Fires a large band of energy that wraps around the enemy, squeezing them tightly until they vomit out their intestines.
Fully Automatic Shotgun: We're talkin' chaingun style here.
Thorn Seed: A small seed that, when dropped, causes giant thorns to poke out from random places. Good for impaling.

/\Here are some "evil" weapons.

Nick Perrin said:

Lord Trasher: The Jackhammer is FULLY automatic, that's why its only a prototype unlike the SPAS-12 or Fabarm FP6 or something, which are semi-automatic.

Ah, thankye. I basically associate "semi auto" with somethings that goes BANGBANGBANG instead of BANG... BANG... BANG or BLAU.

Farting? Or something on those lines.

Ooh, howbout a Nailgun, like in wood shops? Just make sure to permanently weld the safety in. >:)

I remember seeing a wad (I think it was by the immoral conduct guy) where you poored gas on the ground and ignited it. I SWEAR when the hand first went down and yellow stuff started pouring out, I honestly thought the DooM Guy was taking a leak. It was actually less fun after I realized it was gas.

Double Edged Chainsaw (very very dangerous)
Spinal Column with Skull attached (use as a whip)

Ultimate DooMer said:

banana bomb

Uhm...that's the secret weapon in Sven Co-op, a co-op mod for Half-Life.

Has anyone tried to put all 16 hexen2 weapons to doom? It'd be neat to play that one too. :)

Assmaster, I've made a guided missile launcher but it doesn't work as well as the Quake ones. It's in this weapon patch which requires DosDoom, any version 0.650 through 0.653. I'll update it to work with EDGE whenever it has some working multiplayer (Hell, I'd be happy with some IPX).

Also when I showed this weapon patch to someone he suggested a barbwire gun. I guess it would work like a cross between my freeze ray and nukage gun (create obstacles that can trap someone but have a small blast radius that stays with them that damages anything that touches them).

If you want to have some fun do this: Make the icicles from my freeze ray height 24 so you can step up onto them and make them last longer or permanently. Then you can construct ice sculptures and climb them. Reach any spot of any level without flying! May be good for testing levels.

Anyway, some weapons suggestions from me, be them possible with DDF or Dehacked or only by source modification:
4. Make the BFG aftermath tracers visible, like ZDoom's colored lighting (software mode) - Would give everyone a great understanding of how the weapon works.
3. Scorpion's Spear (I'm not an MK fan but this is such a cool weapon) - I was having fun with a generic grappling hook they call his spear in a MK mod for Quake 1. I was hanging fiends from the rafters at the end of e1m3 and letting their corpses drop way down the pit you came up from.
2. The Unmaker - weapon originally planned for Doom, shadow of it is in Doom Alpha v0_2 and I made an item sprite of it - Fire a continuous red laser that distorts, stretches, and contorts the graphics of a demon it hits as long as it's hitting it and always causes gib death for enemies that have one. And the more pure the demon (opposed to just possessed guy or biomechanical demon), the more it distorts it and the faster it drains its life.
1. See my custom title - Think how a bo, double lightsaber, and/or Asteroth's axe in Soul Calibur are/is wielded.

If anyone carries out ideas 4, 2, or 1, please give me proper credit.

A DW fishie launcher :-)

A Big Fucking BAN gun :-)