Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Doom: Annihilation update

12 hours ago, Sgt Nate V said:

Honestly, I'm glad it's not trying to be a super-serious edgefest, at least not for the most part.

I agree , I honestly think this will be better than 2005 Doom. I'm not saying its gonna be good, but better.

Hopefully just some harmless cheesy fun.

oh god the url in that twitter post actually says doom 2 AS IN DOOM 2005 2 IT LOOKS LIKE DOOM 2005 2 FROM THE TRAILERS ASWELL!!

D5X9MhXX4AEUPWK.jpg

Not a B-movie until you have an actual B-movie composer making your soundtrack. Most people will probably only know him from Hellraiser: Revelations, the crappy Day of the Dead remake from last year (yes that was a thing) and for the younger ones, the Green Lantern kids show, and Beware the Batman.

If there is one part of the movie that will deliberately suck (instead of sucking so bad it's just cheese) it will probably be the soundtrack, because so far all I've heard is generic action horror sci-fi music.

In case you want some more (albeit scarce) details, there is a full track listing + times here:
http://filmmusicreporter.com/2019/09/20/doom-annihilation-soundtrack-details/

Uhhhhhhh, I think the movie may have gotten leaked. Don’t ask me how, as I genuinely don’t know.

Based on what I've seen so far by these screencaps, it looks exactly like the B-movie I expected it to be.
I still fail to see how people are still complaining over Universal not giving Doom the Hollywood blockbuster treatment because at least this looks like an honest effort to be faithful to the games.

Edited by Man of Doom

Yep, it leaked. I've seen it. Of course I intend to buy the Blu-Ray to atone for my downloading sins (I was gonna do it this way anyway since it comes out a month late here in the UK).

I liked it. I mean you have to go in knowing it's low budget, obviously, but I had a lot of fun with this. Also a lot of the theories on here are wrong :P

Don't get your hopes up about the whole Hector Savage thing.

33 minutes ago, FreakZoneGames said:

Yep, it leaked. I've seen it. Of course I intend to buy the Blu-Ray to atone for my downloading sins (I was gonna do it this way anyway since it comes out a month late here in the UK).

I liked it. I mean you have to go in knowing it's low budget, obviously, but I had a lot of fun with this. Also a lot of the theories on here are wrong :P

Don't get your hopes up about the whole Hector Savage thing.

Quote the wrong theories, please!!!!

Saw the leak, it's pretty average, better in general than the 2005 film, especially in accuracy to Doom, and less cheesy dialogue (more average however) Ending got messy, rushed, and felt....eh

Eh? Definitely not worth the hate.

Oh and no, there is no proper Doomguy/Doomslayer (Dead BJ Blazkowicz Marine?) Tony was only doing fucking damage control.

Movie should've just ended with Joan's death at the...hell knight, lucifer thing with Winslow waking up, cue a nod sequence referencing the OG movie, ending with him pumping the HK full of rockets.

But no, we got a eh hell sequence ending with sequel bait ending. Chance of Sequel? Non-existent

The greater Doom community isn't gonna let the lack of a proper "Doomguy" slide, but Universal and Tony built their house of cards, don't be surprised if it get's blown over.

From what I saw in the leaked pics, thanks to Man of Doom here and doom_txt on Twitter... I'm very glad to see that the name William J Blazkowicz is in this new Doom Movie... William has been the real name for the Doomguy to me since I played Doom and Wolf3D on SNES 11 years ago, but after playing the Original Wolfentein 3D on PC, I realized he couldn't be same guy due to Wolf3D took place in WWII meanwhile Doom takes place in a near future.

I wanna watch the leak..

I think there should be a necessary camp to a doom movie in it that trying to take doom seriously as a legitimate narrative would probably work if the creator claimed it be satire and people understood it as satire, last time I can recall a serious series reboot happened (power rangers movie) people took it like it was just intended that way and thought it was trying to be demanding of respect when in reality on of the leads behind it claimed to it being satire of gritty superhero franchise reboots, but didn't really make it obvious enough for people who liked it to understand it was satire, and vice versa to the opposite spectrum. For all we know the original doom movie was a satire of cheesy bad 80s horror movies, but they never gave any hint at the possibility that the writing and effects were intentionally terrible.

On 9/12/2019 at 3:35 PM, Taurus Daggerknight said:

In all fairness, the UAC has always been  a bit naive on this front. They almost always keep trying to tell themselves that the demons are some aliens they can just science their way around, up until Doom 2016...at which point someone just went " I see no heaven, clearly this means we've been praying to the wrong god!".  

while that could be a possibility, it would have to be an incredibly specific possibility for these aliens to have the hallmarks of what would otherwise be presumed under said nomenclature.

i just finished watching it,
worst film of the year i think. 95% talking, 4% gunplay, 1% bfg. NO DOOMGUY WHATS SO EVERRR

story 4/10 
music 3/10
action 1/10
cgi/effects 3/10
overall i was pretty pissed off. still am. and for the record i knew nothing about this movie before hand.

Well since it leaked, guess I'll watch it in the near future to see how good or bad it turns out to be.

47 minutes ago, Ermin said:

worst film of the year i think. 95% talking, 4% gunplay, 1% bfg. NO DOOMGUY WHATS SO EVERRR

story 4/10 
music 3/10
action 1/10
cgi/effects 3/10
overall i was pretty pissed off. still am. and for the record i knew nothing about this movie before hand.

LOL!!

///////////////

I can't find it :(

4 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Quote the wrong theories, please!!!!

The theory that Hector Savage is really Doomguy for example. Incorrect. This movie has “Doomgirl”, complete with Doomguy’s backstory. It’s a gender swap of the character. She’s awesome though.

2 hours ago, Ermin said:

story 4/10 
music 3/10
action 1/10
cgi/effects 3/10

You let movies piss you off?

1 hour ago, GoatLord said:

You let movies piss you off?

It's not that unusual.  Personally, I doubt this is a movie that will piss me off (not least because I guarantee I have already seen worse space marine movies than Doom: Annihilation will turn out to be), but High Plains Drifter certainly did.

Doomgal owns and I can't wait for Doom 2: Hell on Earth

to be slightly more in depth, I enjoyed it far more than Doom 05 (sorry Karl and Dwayne), it is extremely B-movie but like good B-movie not bad B-movie. CG effects must be really cheap nowadays cuz I was surprised that some of the effects actually looked not shitty, particularly the final sequence

I feel like this movie is going to be the DTV equivalent of Godzilla: KOTM. 

Also, chuds are mad. 

Edited by Man of Doom