Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hell_Pike

Dynamic RNG Mod and RNG Removal Mod

Download : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_BB8OyTZdSjbL6ReX9DVIqPnDEXF4E70TITLEPIC.png.3e3f0ec39d3768194d7a33c4e042fe3b.png

This mod is sort of like a dynamic difficulty mod. If players fight harder, their attacks will have better RNG. The monster's RNG also changes with the players. 

By default, all monsters and weapons will have attacks that fall in the exact middle of the RNG scale. (Just like NoranDoom mod).

If you are cautious and don't fight so hard, your attacks will be weakened, enemy attacks will be weakened also. I might make a few versions of this mod that invert the rng for the monsters, or the players with different scenarios.

Note that all of the damage dealt in this mod is still just like what CAN happen in vannila (if you or the monster was very lucky/unlucky). None of the tweaks are things that can't happen in the regular game.

This mod is fully multiplayer compatible and the difficulty adjustments happen on a per player basis!

Feel free to join my discord, especially if you have ideas or suggestions. 

Discord server : https://discord.gg/rBUqyjH

I just built a new version of this, on top of a mod called NORANDOOM. So the difference is basically that now the dynamic range is much more broad. Instead of 3 ranges of constant variables now there is a dynamic range that interpolates. All based on player input.

Edit : Also decided to release a new RNG remover mod, just a slight variance of this mod but sets all RNG to the mid of the RNG range.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-tDcu_Uv6cQ2fiPC3p39VLRmoaTG3E9-/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Hell_Pike

I read your post and still don't understand what the mod does

what does it means "If you are cautious and don't fight so hard"? Makes the game harder if you are losing? That sounds a bad idea!

It measure how much the players are moving and pressing the fire key. If they move more and shoot more, gives them more favorable RNG.

Oh that's interesting. You see, usually 'dynamic difficulty' is more 'make the game easier if the player is losing', 'make the game harder if the player is owning the level'. What you are doing is promoting a particular style of game, unrelated to difficulty.

1 hour ago, Turin Turambar said:

Oh that's interesting. You see, usually 'dynamic difficulty' is more 'make the game easier if the player is losing', 'make the game harder if the player is owning the level'. What you are doing is promoting a particular style of game, unrelated to difficulty.

I can make it that way instead if you think its a good idea. I think I did something wrong with the projectiles :p and I'm going to keep updating this.

1 hour ago, Turin Turambar said:

*Fixed* projectiles, and made it so the enemies are tougher on players who fight harder, instead of the other way around.

On 9/24/2019 at 3:46 PM, Hell_Pike said:

I can make it that way instead if you think its a good idea. I think I did something wrong with the projectiles :p and I'm going to keep updating this.

You could also just make that a different option on the menu.

Like RNG Mode- Playstyle/difficulty

Is there a visible representation of what state your currently in? If there is this sounds a bit like a devil may cry style meter, that rewards you with extra damage instead of extra currency. Sounds like a pretty fun idea. Does taking a hit lower the 'intensity'? I have no idea how to make a mod like this but what I think would be cool is if you could speed the monsters up, instead or on top of the rng changes, that would make fights get really crazy.