Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

The hunt is on.

Yay. apparently, my cats have been hunting a mouse all night. I finally got a glimpse of the sucker. 3 inches long, deep grey. The next few days will be fun. like an abbot and costello feature. :)

(If my cats catch it but don't kill it, I release it. If it's badly wounded, I flush it. If they eat it, I hope they enjoyed it.)

Hey, this reminds me of my one cat, DC (Damn Cat, Dumb Cat, Demon Cat because of putting my mom in the hospital the day he got here-much mellowed otu now) was playing with a mouse downstairs. He beat that thing everywhere (mind you, this is a big everywhere, my entire downstairs is basically one room, separated by furniture). Every once in a while he'd stop, but start batting that mouse when it got away. Safe to say, it was pretty funny. Poor little mouse though, we had to let him go though.

The difference between "Tom & Jerry" and Real Life(TM) is that in Real Life it's the cat that smacks around the mouse, whereas in T&J it's the mouse that smacks the cat around.

More or less.

One time, I caught a mouse...little bastard...got my cat, the mouse, a bucket, set them inside and then sat on top...now that was fun. :D

Whatever you do, DO NOT GO INTO THE SEWERS. Even if you dropped something in there. The rats will eat you alive.

mmnpsrsoskl said:

One time, I caught a mouse...little bastard...got my cat, the mouse, a bucket, set them inside and then sat on top...now that was fun. :D

I dislike pests as much as anyone else, but thats kinda cruel. At least give the mouse a fighting chance. You should have built them an arena... modelled after a doom map. Now THAT would have been fun.

Devil rats. Hate 'em.

I once thought there was a rather brave (stupid?) mouse running around the basement, 'specially my room. We set out traps and nailed two of the litle bastards within hours. Turns out the original critter I saw wasn't even a mouse, but a Jerusalem Cricket. Ugly bug.

ravage said:

Whatever you do, DO NOT GO INTO THE SEWERS. Even if you dropped something in there. The rats will eat you alive.

Hmm, that kinda reminds me of a certain game in areas with lots of pink, melee monsters :-P

Fuck ya'll, I had to clean out the garage at my grandparent's place after they died, my uncles had moved out of the garage (since there was no cars and shit in there and it also used to be a small store too) I walked in, TONS OF RATS. I just started stepping on them (I was wearing hip waders though) and shit. Then we tossed a few cats in there, not ones that play, ones that kill) and yeah, the rest is history.

My cats are mental. They go outside and hunt mice, only to bring the half-dead mice up to our doorstep as a food offering to us. Uh, no thanks kitty. I already had mice for lunch...

One of my cats got addicted to the thrill and started hunting larger animals. Just the other day, he offered me a headless rabbit. Tempting, but no...

FirebrandX said:

My cats are mental. They go outside and hunt mice, only to bring the half-dead mice up to our doorstep as a food offering to us. Uh, no thanks kitty. I already had mice for lunch...

One of my cats got addicted to the thrill and started hunting larger animals. Just the other day, he offered me a headless rabbit. Tempting, but no...

Dude, your cats REALLY love you. Seriously. it's a sign of respect.

I could have caught the cheese eating bastard yesterday. it was cowering under a boot, and it's tail was sticking out. I should have gone for a hemostat the moment I saw it, so I could nab the little bugger. but alas, I HAD to lift up the boot. zoom. gone.