Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jeroa

idol anime

I was gonna say Macross, the movie is damn good, and the full series is even better! Man that's a manly show. A fighter pilot, Hikaru, get this... he's in a love triangle with two dames! One of them is a pop star with damn good tunes, such as "My Boyfriend is a pilot!".

Oddly enough I watched Perfect Blue the other day, had always been meaning to watch it. I found it kind of so-so, I love David Lynch and surreal stuff, and I dig some of Kon's other stuff, but this movie ran out of steam halfway through for me.

Also, being that I myself am in my 30s, these days I'd prefer an idol anime about say a 30 year old pop star. You've gotta be worldly to write damn good tunes, you know. At least 25.

It's never going to happen because, 1) Japanese culture 2) no anime company will bite the hand that feeds; but I'd love a realistic idol anime. The work pressure, the absolutely insane fans (hope you like getting daily death threats from fans when some tabloid implies you have a relationship), the agencies that control your life...

i also enjoyed Zombie land saga. i read somewhere that it was more authentic in its portrayal of idol industry, but i dont know if that is truth