Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

Impromptu Minidido RC1 (on hiatus)

Nicely done all! I look forward to playing this at some point in the future.

Congrats on the release!

I'll hopefully find some time to sit through this beast of a map next week.

8 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Instant CocoWord :p

It might have some competition, since it doesn't have square room with a megasphere that summons a bunch of hell knights.

Spoiler

DQG3bwYVwAAoBfM.jpg large.jpg

Seriously, though, congrats! Thank you to all the contributors and @rdwpa for putting it all together. Great work all!

And I love the title screen.

Hello , sorry for necroposting but will this wad ever be released on idgames someday?

I personally don't care too much, but I'll upload it at some point for the sake of others involved.

I'm also in no rush to upload a huge map that hasn't been scrubbed comprehensively by more objective eyes for technical bugs: monsters not appearing consistently, breakages, and softlocks. If you or someone else is going to run the map, give me those and I'll remove the ones detrimental to the experience -- i.e. 'tricks' will stay -- and treat RC2 as final even before I get around to uploading it anywhere. A map's runner is always its best bugfinder.

Forgot to reply when I saw this in the weekend... I want to ask whether Youtube playthrough videos are a good way? I don't see I have the skill to do the full run of the maps... Even though I finished the map before, I remember nothing now... I'll probably miss a lot of secrets or stuff, so I don't know whether this is good enough. Hence the question.

3 minutes ago, rdwpa said:

They are perfect!

I'll get around some time to do it. The other thing in my mind is that doing a stream with some of the authors with me so I don't need to look stupid to figure out things... However, this need to figure out a good timing to do so or such. The only thing I remember now is that I don't understand how that part with a bunch of barrels and lost souls work, so in my personal playthrough, it was stupidly awkward...

Enjoying this so far :p .

My only issue would be the fact that the map, especially the outside area, is a bit confusing. But I like the encounters and music, good stuff.

They're all dead.

Well okay, almost :D . Missed some 32 enemies (probably from the remaining secrets), but I've seen all the areas of importance. So again, it's good stuff, I just wish it was easier to navigate since almost everything outside looks the same, minus a couple of key areas.

Fair. I was pretty exhausted by the end and skimped on lighting, texture variety, and additional structural constructs that I'd likely be in the mood to do in the near future, so I'll add that in RC2. I'll also throw up -- or rather, *cough*, erect -- a few additional large structures for the sake of easier navigation.

Edited by rdwpa