Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

Christmas Traditions.

Only 5 more days until the supposed birth of the famous Jesus Christ.

How many Doomers have special traditions they do every year? It can be a meal, a routine, a concert, anything that is often done and has significance to you or loved ones.

my family doesnt celebrate it for a religous reason, well my mother does. anyway they use it as an excuse to get together, those of us in the US that is. we usally have a meal of some kind. and presents, nuff said. i really dont want to see my cousin but a few more days with mother would drive me mad.

by the way wasnt christ really born in the spring. i am sure that he was a real man, but like many american folk legends he got alot of stuff built up around him. I heard he was not even born on this month, could be wrong

Yep. No body knows the day Jesus was born. Too many different calendars. But that's not so important I guess. Christmas did used to be a pagan’s special day or something I think, but the Christians changed it.
As for traditions: Well I love Christmas I get some time with the people I love. My wife & her family, my family and some friends. Also being a complete bible believing Christian makes Christmas soooo much more enjoyable for me.

4 more days

Take note that I said the supposed birth of Mr. Christ

Anyways, the usual traditions here include turkey, opening one present on christmas eve (usually pyjamas :® ), and getting no snow whatsoever.

I usually go to my grand parent's house for a Christmas Eve supper, I watch Direct TV and I get to open presents a day early. Both my uncles were recently dumped so it'll not happen this year it might not happen, or it'll be uncomfortable.

WØRK!

Sixteen hours already this weekend, twenty more between here and Christmas day, not counting breaks and time spent counting out my till at the end of my shift. Actually, Christmas is my only day off this week.

I tell you, when I'm home, the ol' store gets their use out of me. Money in the bank.

Uh... we like, have a christmas pudding and laugh at everyone who puts up loads of crappy decorations. Nothing else, really.

I listen to '70's and '80's music. No no wait, that's all year round. Silly me. :P