Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
memes4lyfe

how can i make the messages appear at the bottom of the screen instead of the top in GZdoom?

i am playing PSX DOOM TC in GZdoom. in the psx version, the message appear at the bottom of the screen. is there a way to position the messages at the bottom of the screen instead?

3 hours ago, memes4lyfe said:

i am playing PSX DOOM TC in GZdoom. in the psx version, the message appear at the bottom of the screen. is there a way to position the messages at the bottom of the screen instead?

Couldn't resist :P

The answer depends greatly on how these messages are "customized". If there's a source port setting then it's easy to do, but if it's ACS the answer is: "Most likely not"

Screen messages that get displayed by way of ACS are "fixed" in the sense that their position on the screen is part and parcel of the script itself. So if you were to change the location of these custom messages, you would need to adjust their positions manually in the script itself.

Messages displayed with ACS probably use the HudMessage function, where the semantics are kind of a mess.

For other messages, such as item pickups, you can change their position by making a ZScript HUD that overrides the display functions, and no I can't help you more than that, I never tried it myself, don't ask me to write an example.