Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2019 Mentionation Thread

22 hours ago, Elio Nako said:

Honestly, Cacowards is just unfair. There are dozens of maps out there with a hardworking author that just couldn't get enough representation.

Give me your nomination / mentionation and I give you my word that I'll play it myself. It doesn't matter to me whether it's big/headline-y/popular etc. or not.

I nominate:

- Eviternity

- Paradise

- The Slaughter Spectrum

Honorable mention for:

- Alien Bastards

Demonic deviation (don't confuse with other Demonic deviation that just happened to have the same amount of maps) wasn't even in the "what are we still waiting for section". It's very good: gradual difficulty progression, D2 textureset feels new again through stylish architecture and interesting combat setups.

On 5/24/2019 at 1:16 PM, z_bill said:

+ Abysm: Dawn of Innocence by jazzmaster9

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/103601

New here & was surprised no one seemed to mention this one yet. It totally reworks how Doom plays, making it a medieval more seamless world with a city hub. Thought it deserved a nod!

Agreed! It's like if Doom and Ocarina of Time had a baby, and it's fantastic.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:51 PM, Master O said:

I assume the creator of this map within GZdoom is Skaarjman, the one who uploaded that clip to Youtube.

Agreed. At least as a tech demo, it is very impressive. Something bad must've happened though, since all YouTube videos and the ModDB page have been scrubbed clean.

+Eviternity

+Infraworld Hatehammer

+Hurt

+Hellforged

+Paradise

In RC status, I don't know if they should be here or maybe in next year awards! :

+Alienated

+Mapwich

Gameplay mod: +D4V mod, Lt. Typhon

Honorable mention: +The Slaughter Spectrum , +Faithless

Edited by Turin Turambar

i just want to wish the best on the judges this year.  it looks like a tough year with a lot of stuff.  this is probably an understatement of the actual magnanimosity of 2019.  Godspeed ye voyagers of many, many hells.  If you feel like you are floating after all of this, I think we will all understand.

Edited by Mk7_Centipede : comma