Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

Yay for me. Now a poll.

How would you say the Doom community is shaping up to be in the last year?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How would you say the Doom community is shaping up to be in the last year?

• Getting better all the time. Glad I\'m part of it.
    • Nothing\'s really changed much, but if it\'s not broke, don\'t fix it.
    • It\'s going to hell strapped to a sack of flaming demon manure.
    • There is no \'community\' yet, not until DOOM III comes out!

Yay. it's post 1000 for good 'ol me. I never thought I'd make it this far. Thought I'd get bored with the forums or something. nope.

In the last year, how would you say the doom community is shaping up? Is it improving? Going to Hell? Staying the same?

I say that it's doing GREAT, and will become better about a year after doom3 comes out (don't forget n00bs. I accounted for n00bs.) All in all, I'll likely be around for another 1000 posts. or 2000, even :)

Thanks.

Joel Poston

I think it has been going pretty good lately. Most newbies do their best to fit in and there are hardly any fights going on, while on other forums I visit, it sometimes seems like a warzone. Some of the older members returned and the moderators are doing just fine. Thumbs up I say.

Looking at the threads in the old forums, I'd say that the community is improving - I see far less completely retarded threads and it seems to me that people are better at accepting other people's mistakes.

Take a look at this for instance. - Boy if I acted like that every time Alientank posted a thread in the wrong D3 forum (tech questions in D3 general) I'd become a very hated Mod :-)

Hmm, maybe that's because there were no Mods back then.

Believe it or not, i've only been hanging around these dark alleyways for a paltry 8 months or so; therefore it's hardly my place to say.

Spike said:

Believe it or not, i've only been hanging around these dark alleyways for a paltry 8 months or so; therefore it's hardly my place to say.

Yeah well you're one of the people making this place a nice place to discuss things imho.

It's getting better all the time. No doubt about it. Sure we get a few arseholes, but they don't stick around too long. >:)

dsm said:

Yeah well you're on of the people making this place a nice place to discuss things imho.

Why thank you dear sir :).
I can agree with the statement that, of late, there have been fewer 'arse-biscuits' spreading shit-flavoured vibes across the forums of late, although i did check out that link that you provided. That's harsh to say the least.

Heh, I think the community couldn't be better. Projects are announced and released like all the time and for the most part there aren't that many stupid threads being made around here.

Well I only started playing Doom again after a "dark age" a year ago tomorrow (got the Collector's Edition and Doom 64 last Christmas). Since I started off with the novels and now I'm making my own levels, I'd say it's gotten better :)

It's alright, people come and go but stuff still happens. We've had some neat stuff lately, like pretty much demo recording activity (demo packs, compet-n, DSDA, etc.) and some neat releases (AV, 2002ado, and so on) as well as decent multiplayer activity (such as on zone and zdaemon.)

Anyway, doom/doom2 and doom3 don't fit in the same community. That doesn't mean that they both can't coexist on a website (particularly this one, that has a history with doom/doom2), but the activities related to them are pretty different, obviously.