Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hactor2019

I tried and failed please help

Question

Hey there I am new here I tried to make a doom map to my friend of mine I wanted to run with brutal doom v21 It did worked fine but after  i added  some more custom textures  it keeps crashing on me with a error message Unknown texture BLODRIP1

I have fixed the problem some how but the problems isn't over  yet I am using ZDL and doom builder 2 and slade 3 any way I made MAPINFO into my map I have watched some YouTube videos  how to do it btw I made the map for single player only so my friend can play it any ways when i tested the map all worked fine but after  I  put MAPINFO on my things went to good to bad I was getting lin9 errors then suddenly  my map went to invasion  map for no reason  when I tested it i tried  everything  it keeps going into invasion map and I did not made into invasion map it was singer player map only I was so angry and deleted the all thing now I want start over I am not giving  up so easily so please  tell me how to do it I know how build doom map and stuff and little bit scripting to I am not that good but I am learning any ways it has to run with brutal doom v21 with your guide It can be helpful 

3 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Hactor2019 said:

Hey there I am new here I tried to make a doom map to my friend of mine I wanted to run with brutal doom v21 It did worked fine but after  i added  some more custom textures  it keeps crashing on me with a error message Unknown texture BLODRIP1

I have fixed the problem some how but the problems isn't over  yet I am using ZDL and doom builder 2 and slade 3 any way I made MAPINFO into my map I have watched some YouTube videos  how to do it btw I made the map for single player only so my friend can play it any ways when i tested the map all worked fine but after  I  put MAPINFO on my things went to good to bad I was getting lin9 errors then suddenly  my map went to invasion  map for no reason  when I tested it i tried  everything  it keeps going into invasion map and I did not made into invasion map it was singer player map only I was so angry and deleted the all thing now I want start over I am not giving  up so easily so please  tell me how to do it I know how build doom map and stuff and little bit scripting to I am not that good but I am learning any ways it has to run with brutal doom v21 with your guide It can be helpful 

Probably english is not your native language.

I had to break down your text into sentences to make any sense of it. It is customary to add periods at the end of a sentence and begin a new sentence with a capital letter, and paragraphs are a nice touch.

Hey there, I am new here. I tried to make a Doom map for a friend of mine. I want it to run with Brutal Doom v21.

It did work fine, but after I added some custom textures it keeps crashing with an error message "Unknown texture BLODRIP1". I have fixed that problem, but somehow the problems aren't over yet.

I am using ZDL and Doombuilder2 and Slade 3.

Anyway, I added a MAPINFO into my map. I have watched some YouTube videos how to do it. BTW, I made the map for single player only so my friend can play it. Anyway, when I tested the map all worked fine, but after I put MAPINFO in, things went from good to bad.

I was getting line errors, then suddenly my map went to invasion map for no reason. When I tested it I tried  everything. It keeps going into invasion map and I did not make an invasion map. It is single player map only. 

I was so angry that I deleted everything.

Now I want start over. I am not giving  up so easily. So, please, tell me how to do it. 

I know how to build Doom maps and stuff and a little bit of scripting too. I am not that good, but I am learning.

Anyway, it has to run with Brutal Doom v21.

With your helpful guide it can be solved. 

and even then it did not make any sense on what you have done. Long on words but little information to help you with.

Yet one item stood out, you have to realize that adding a MAPINFO to your pwad may overwrite some settings in the Brutal Doom MAPINFO, or vice versa, depending on the load order.

Your best bet for receiving any help would be to upload your map.

Edited by Kappes Buur

57 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

Probably english is not your native language.

I had to break down your text into sentences to make any sense of it. It is customary to add periods at the end of a sentence and begin a new sentence with a capital letter, and paragraphs are a nice touch.

and even then it did not make any sense on what you have done. Long on words but little information to help you with.

Yet one item stood out, you have to realize that adding a MAPINFO to your pwad may overwrite some settings in the Brutal Doom MAPINFO, or vice versa, depending on the load order.

Your best bet for receiving any help would be to upload your map.

Yeah sorry about the sentence I'll try my best

yes it is true that my English isn't my

native language I am from Denmark. 

But I have already said I have deleted that map and now

i am starting working a new one.

To make things  to lot easier 

And to save some time I used a program  called oblige a random doom

Map generator and I generated a small map from there and started  build from there.

But when I have  finished the map I'll will massage you guys 

So you guys can help me finished it properly with MAPINFO  and stuff Cus I dont want make  same mistake again.

Edited by Hactor2019 : Spelling mistakes

On 10/3/2019 at 3:45 PM, Hactor2019 said:

I'll will massage you guys

Awesome! I need that after a hard week at work!

Anyway 'nuff with the jokes. I just wanted to let you know that I'm also from Denmark. So, feel free to send me a PM if you ever need advice or help: It might be easier for you to write in Danish. Although I must say, that I think your English is just fine - especially the 2nd post from you in this thread. My sparetime isn't what it used to be, but I will try my best to answer you as fast as I can :) But still, the best help is definitely found if you ask openly in the forums as there are tons of talented, knowledgeable and helpful people here.