Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
franckFRAG

6 new maps special "25 Years of Doom 2"

This is pretty great! Familiar places wrapping themselves out in unexpected ways. Can't tell nothing much past that - this set has it all except more maps. Especially maps like fifth one, the stealth route was pretty inventive.
Regarding UV-max in a certain map.

Spoiler

i believe UV-max in map05 could be impossible since lost souls stuck out of bound in theirs arena. Also one wall didn't lower in the maze section.

This is an magnificent mapset and an excellent homage to doom2. I had a great time playing it, from start to finish.

There's a bug on map05 that @JDR already mentioned, but i'll add a couple of details spoilered below.

Spoiler

At the end of the maze section where you pickup the rocket launcher and trigger a bunch of enemies. Sector 64 does not open up for some reason (prboom+ or gzdoom). The sector has 4 enemies in it and some medikits.

@franckFRAG - I've just played through this. Not sure what difficulty I played on, but it felt like Ultra-Violence. Very enjoyable map set! I like the consistency of theme, even though it meant I barely recognised The Living End. It's pretty clever how you've done homages but, for the most part, they feel like very different maps to the original. MAP03 was probably the one closest to it's inspiration, whilst The Courtyard felt like a huge improvement on the original to me, as did MAP02. MAP04 was a bit tricky, MAP01 was solid and MAP06 was very different. Good job on an enjoyable episode!

Hey thanks for playing this!

I'll go check to correct the problem with the sector 64... Indeed, I wanted the maps to be enough different than the original maps, so they don't look boring. The map06 was based on the old first version of Nanocore.wad. The map04 was lightly rushed for the 30th september, it will be sightly imrpoving for a new version x)

On 10/5/2019 at 3:18 PM, Diego Ignelzi said:

Good tribute to Doom 2. You should do a megawad.

I couldn't agree more. I never tire of another persons interpretation of the original classic when it is done right like this was.

Link to this cool mapset is broken (paging @franckFRAG). Here's a temporary mirror. It's a good and clever easy-ish mapset, especially suitable for those who enjoyed Bellatrix.

Edit: New link up, no need for mirror now :D

Edited by Catpho

On 10/13/2022 at 8:01 PM, Catpho said:

Link to this cool mapset is broken (paging @franckFRAG). Here's a temporary mirror. It's a good and clever easy-ish mapset, especially suitable for those who enjoyed Bellatrix.

hommage25.zip

Wow, I almost forgot I did that.

I found it in a flash drive, but I remember making two new maps, probably this advanced version is in my old computer...