Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

CPU speeds?

I've always wondered this, so what CPU speed does everyone use to play DooM with? (If you use more than one, then vote for the one you use more often)

I have a P200, but recently I've been using a Duron 700, as it can handle making LTSD and playing newstuff wads. (so I vote for 700)

Athlon XP 1600+

So, 1.4, but just as fast as a P4 1.6. So I guess I pick 1000+. :P

I plays Doom anyways, so I can't complain.

My Doom machine is a Pentium III 450, with 224 mb of pc133. Of course all other machines here have Doom on them too, and they're much faster, but that's the box I do my editing and most of my playing on :)

my currnet system is a p3 450, but that will change in a month. however my laptop is a 1.2 GHz AMD athlonXP, but i have yet to configure the sound card on it

Well, it kind of depends on which comp I'm using. If I use my desktop (where I do all my Kill editing and most of my Dooming), it's at a nice 120mHz with 64mb RAM.

My laptop, which I use when I download an add-on for Doom to use in jDoom or Legacy, runs at a good 1.1gHz with 512mb RAM and a GeForce 2 Go.

2.2 GHz. Someone should add an "Over 2000Mhz" category. That's an XP machine - if I want to use the original exes, I normally run them on my 750 MHz notebook.

TeamKill said:

a nice 120mHz

Hmm. 120 milli-Hertz. That's not very fast :p

Right now: P4 2.4 GHz, 512 megs of ram
Before that: K62 400 MHz, 64 megs of ram
Before that: 66 MHz, 8megs of ram

Grazza said:
Hmm. 120 milli-Hertz. That's not very fast :p

120 megahertz. That's what I meant. My second fastest computer next to my laptop. Hey, the next step down is a Pentium 90, then a 486 DX4 100 megahertz, then a TI-99/4A which hooks to a TV with UHF connections. Then a piece of paper and a pencil.

P4 2.0 GHz and a P2 450
before that: Pentium 100
before that: 386DX :) (used to take 30 seconds to load DOOM)

I have a 333, and only a 333, (although zdoom is kind and clocks at at 334.7 normally) so that is all I can use. It struggles with linedef-gargantuan wads such as might be made by certain Swedish doomers, and it's also crap at multiple bots.

Athlon XP 1700+
before that: Duron 800
before that: K6-2 450
before that: K6 200
before that: k5 75 (or was is 133?)
before that: DX/2 66

I still got the Druon (it's a my brother's flat though), the K6-2 and the K6.

I'm using an Athlon XP 1800+ at the moment. However, I'm planning on upgrading to a 2400+ sometime towards the end of January (or maybe a 2600+, if the price has come down by then).