Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guardsoul

E1M3 - Toxin refinery remake (Version 1.1 released!)

Changelog (v1.1):

• Removed the door connecting to the storage area before the pools room
  • Changed the sky to a higher resolution one
  • Redistributed some enemies inside the pools room to avoid excessive infighting
  • Added emergency lights to guide the player in the dark after picking the blue key
  • Added the lightmode in the mapinfo for better experience

The map can be downloaded using the same link (see first post).

Fantastic map, took me two hours to finish (secret exit). I really appreciate the excellent performance despite its massive size.

Finally managed to play this truly magnificent map. Was so impressed that feel like bumping this despite a warning advising restraint about dormant threads. Think that putting this back into the spotlight is justified because feeling like the map didn't get the recognition it most certainly deserved. Everything from meticulous attention to detail, to tight combat encounters, to rewarding exploration just screams quality. Brilliant, excellent, grand map and most certainly one of the best releases from last year that I encourage everyone who missed it to play it immediately, you not gonna regret it!

And I made a video playthrough of it. Thanks for the enjoyable adventure!

9 hours ago, AL-97 said:

Finally managed to play this truly magnificent map. Was so impressed that feel like bumping this despite a warning advising restraint about dormant threads. Think that putting this back into the spotlight is justified because feeling like the map didn't get the recognition it most certainly deserved. Everything from meticulous attention to detail, to tight combat encounters, to rewarding exploration just screams quality. Brilliant, excellent, grand map and most certainly one of the best releases from last year that I encourage everyone who missed it to play it immediately, you not gonna regret it!

And I made a video playthrough of it. Thanks for the enjoyable adventure!

Thank you very much! I´m glad you like the map! I consider this map one of the best I have created recently, keeping the original restrictions (no teleports, no new monsters and no new items that are not seen in the old E1M3) while maintaining a constant (but low-medium) pressure on the player.

Once again, thank you for playing it!

This map was fun I'm glad I had time to play it. I went a little bit insane in the end trying to get into that mega armour secret lol 

But I still absolutely love the way you take a classic memory and turn the experience up to 11

Good times I look forward to seeing what you come up with next

2 hours ago, Clippy said:

This map was fun I'm glad I had time to play it. I went a little bit insane in the end trying to get into that mega armour secret lol 

But I still absolutely love the way you take a classic memory and turn the experience up to 11

Good times I look forward to seeing what you come up with next

Hey! Thanks for giving that old beast a try and glad to hear you enjoyed the journey! Yeah, that megaarmor secret is probably the hardest secret in the whole map unless you have Jumpmaze skills :P

Stay tuned for the E2M2 remake that should arrive SoonTM!