Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SOSU

If you had the chance to become any spooky monster would you do it?

Would you want to be any of the monsters society made up like Vampires, Werewolves and Ghosts? (The real monsters are a bit too umm... not good to want to be one of them)

If i could i'd be some cool ancient robot monster like Phobos in Darkstalkers because they are super resistant to most stuff (Rust though Dx) and are walking tanks for when there's some kinda monster war >:D

Old post:

Spoiler

This sounds pretty edgy i know :D
Remember you can do all the cool stuff vampires can do like turn into a bat,wolf and mist but you get all their weaknesses like sunlight and garlic.
If you wanna be cool specify the kind of vampire you would want to be (if you are a turkish vampire like in Dracula in Istanbul then crosses can't hurt you :D )

I wouldn't because i like sunny days :o

Edited by SOSU

7 minutes ago, Taw Tu'lki said:

Maybe I'll find vampire bat to make a bite in my neck.

The only you get from those are ilnesses Dx

Ya I probably would, then again I'm usually eager to forsake my humanity or human form for something I regard as superior, superhuman, or simply more than just human, limited by this form. Beyond human. Going beyond.

And maybe become part of a different kind of world and society on the way. And I'd most definitely enjoy feasting on the souls of my enemies *laughs maniacally*.

"As a cloak of darkness is streaming down,

A grayish mist hits the ground,

As moroii leave their graves,

They suck the blood of all thy race!"

What does being a vampire mean? Stinking like carrion, having everything except blood taste like ashes, having animals hiss and bark at you constantly, having plants withering when you're nearby, being unable to see yourself in mirrors or cameras, and spontaneously combusting when exposted to sunlight doesn't seem like an existence worth living eternally.

Playing Vampire: the Masquerade back in the late 90s/early 00s cured me of any potential desire to be a bloodsucker. I did play a cool vampire back then, though, a Gangrel who, during the campaign, got the equivalent of a wish from a genie and used it to be immune to sunlight, and since he had kept his humanity score very high* he was basically a sort of superman at that point, with no real vampire drawbacks but still a lot of cool supernatural powers. And also a girlfriend who was a witch. Man that campaign was a blast, the other players had way more stereotypical vampires and here I was, completely breaking the whole "mopping about lost humanity in our moldy catacombs" mood by having fun and doing good.

(* For those who didn't play that game, the humanity score is how close you still are to a human. At max score you're basically undetectable, you look perfectly human, you still have body heat, you still breathe automatically (even if you no longer need to), your heart still beats, etc. At minimum score, you look like a ghoul. You lose humanity points whenever you do something immoral, like killing an innocent, even accidentally. Losing points is easy, regaining them on the other hand is extremely hard.)

But anyway, no, being a vampire isn't appealing to me.

6 minutes ago, Gez said:

What does being a vampire mean?

Every 100 years, there'll be someone come to destroy your castle, and a new Castlevania will be released about you :D

Seriously though, I like how you use a game to cure your weird desire.

3 minutes ago, Gez said:

being unable to see yourself in mirrors or cameras

That's a plus if you are ugly or shy :D

I mean Im more awake during the night than the day so I guess im already one. Only difference is that I ain't pale and have one hell of a farmers tan on my arms. 

My Vampire : Dark Ages character was fun to play, a former knight adopted by the Brujah Clan, habitually two blood points away from going berserk.

Imagine becoming a vampire for eternal life... and then a few years later some geneticists invent immortality in the lab... that'd suck.

This old AVGN video perfectly sums up why it would suck ass to be a vampire. If they were real, they should probably be seen as a protected class because just about everything kills them.. They wouldn't be much of a threat!

It all depends what they actually mean by vampire. As the "mythos" is so convoluted that you can get anywhere from lethargic mosquitoes to superhuman demigods.

The most Hollywood variety of Vampire is drinks blood, has an adversity to garlic, sunlight, and stakes through the heart, cannot be seen in reflections, and finally can transform into a bat. Dracula vampires however have a wide variety of shapeshifting powers, have to sleep in their own grave dirt, can't cross running water, and the adversity to religious symbolism to name a few.

Its like asking a person whether or not they want a burrito, if you let me pick the contents the only thing holding such a definition together is the tortilla. Given that, if the most debilitating downside would be the problem with sunlight more to like being an albino, sure. If I burst into flames even on a cloudy day I would give it a hard pass.

All that blood drinking and not being able to go out into the sunlight would be bad enough that id rather just take the dirt nap option. Besides would you live long enough (few billion years) to see the Earth die, dry and fry when the sun becomes a red giant. Immortality doesn't sound all that fun.

the living indefinitly part sounds tempting, but i would not want to feed on people

if you're a vampire that means you can play doom pretty much forever.

the other vampires would be sitting around drinking wine and I'd be like "yo guys, who wants to test my new megawad?"

If I eat this, do I become a vampire? Interestingly it contains garlic. Maybe put it into burritos, which I'll go make right after this post.

yMsnWnj.jpg

Some year or two ago I had a dream where I met a vampire and told him to make me a vampire (after reading The Saga of Darren Shan). Then after that I've been a vampire in my dreams, not just in that one dream. Though the only blood I've drank has been from other rival vampires that I fought against. Sure I don't remember all my dreams, so it's possible I've drank more blood than I remember.

Guess I'd just have to kill the vampire before they kill me. I'm not even talking about getting a cross or garlic or an oak stake. You just need to just kill that vampire. Maybe it's just Doom that taught me to kill undead monsters.

Vampires don't "live forever," they aren't really alive. They are undead. That's the whole point of vampires!!! They must feed off the living!!! Vampires are zombies with a better PR department.