Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur

(Update) Black Tomb V2-WAD

I have taught myself how to add custom resources (monsters weapons textures music) and have been using Black Tomb as a test bed for that.

SO I figured before I get start on my next I might as well put out an updated version of Black Tomb.

new things:

new pump action shotgun

no chaingun drop from chaingunner

no shotgun drop from former seargent

new enemy type- Lost Spirit

Some new textures (From Doom 64) 

Custom level music from synth artist Burial Grid

Their music is amazing and you can check it out here:

https://burialgrid.bandcamp.com/

*I did all my testing with the latest version of GZDoom and it have not had any problems(after I got the code working lol)*

The link can be found here:

https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/black-tomb-v2#downloadsform

The link to the original Vanilla Black Tomb can be found at the bottom.

I believe with the new weapons, textures and music I now know how to add Black Tomb V2 is more indicative of the kind of maps I will be creating going forward.

*All credits for the resources from Realm667 can be found in the CREDITs file in the pk3

*My very first completed map*

Black Tomb is a single Doom II map

It has been tested with the lastest version of GZDoom 

*Does not require free look, jumping or crouching 

*No specific compatibility settings 

Uses the Doom II IWAD

Black Tomb aims for a dark, atmospheric and claustrophobic feeling inspired by Blood, SIGIL and Doom 3

Uses all Vanilla assets.

The difficulty is akin to SIGIL and/or survival horror in that resources is limited. 

https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/black-tomb#downloadsform

DOOM 2 Hell on Earth 2019-10-13_11-02-09.jpg

DOOM 2 Hell on Earth 2019-10-13_11-00-40.jpg

DOOM 2 Hell on Earth 2019-10-13_11-01-31.jpg

DOOM 2 Hell on Earth 2019-10-13_11-02-32.jpg

DOOM 2 Hell on Earth 2019-10-13_11-03-42.jpg

DOOM 2 Hell on Earth 2019-10-13_11-04-40.jpg

DOOM 2 Hell on Earth 2019-10-13_11-09-32.jpg

DOOM 2 Hell on Earth 2019-10-13_11-09-46.jpg

Edited by Toilet_Wine_Connoisseur : updated WAD

Finished this on UV with 100% kills, items, and secrets in about 10 minutes.

This is an awesome "first completed map". I couldn't help but hear "I live... again" in my head at the start of the map, and really loved the inspiration this map took from games like Blood. I don't play a lot of claustrophobic, creep through the evil temple style maps so I found this pretty refreshing and a lot of fun, especially the Arch-Vile idea at the end. The use of compact space was well thought-out, and enjoyable, and even the crusher gauntlet felt perfect both thematically and from a gameplay perspective. There is also a pretty great use of detail and texture work throughout, with several little nooks and crannies that had me stop to take a better look. I kind of wished the map was longer, honestly! You have an interesting sense of atmosphere and level design that I'd love to see more of.

Spoiler

I'm not sure what that second secret was all about, haha... but it gave me a good laugh, and was actually pretty interesting to find!

Only thing I'll note: A lot of door tracks throughout the level aren't lower unpegged, resulting in textures that slide upwards with the door as they open. 

55 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Finished this on UV with 100% kills, items, and secrets in about 10 minutes.

This is an awesome "first completed map". I couldn't help but hear "I live... again" in my head at the start of the map, and really loved the inspiration this map took from games like Blood. I don't play a lot of claustrophobic, creep through the evil temple style maps so I found this pretty refreshing and a lot of fun, especially the Arch-Vile idea at the end. The use of compact space was well thought-out, and enjoyable, and even the crusher gauntlet felt perfect both thematically and from a gameplay perspective. There is also a pretty great use of detail and texture work throughout, with several little nooks and crannies that had me stop to take a better look. I kind of wished the map was longer, honestly! You have an interesting sense of atmosphere and level design that I'd love to see more of.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm not sure what that second secret was all about, haha... but it gave me a good laugh, and was actually pretty interesting to find!

Only thing I'll note: A lot of door tracks throughout the level aren't lower unpegged, resulting in textures that slide upwards with the door as they open. 

Thank you! Im glad you enjoyed it. I dont know any of the advanced GZDoom stuff (3D bridges, underwater etc etc) so I figured I could try to make it cool to look at if nothing else.

Gotta say, this was very very good for a first map. The balance is just spot on too. Congrats!

There are few things that are off. Like the stimpack in the first screencap. It's floating. Make sure to move it around a bit, so it can touch the ground.

In the second screencap, the pistol zombie got stuck on the edge. Do the same thing, so that he'll move & attack you.

Also, the spectre in the beginning is also stuck to a wall. Either put him somewhere else or manipulate the vertice to create a bit more space for it.

Keep it up!

Screenshot_Doom_20191201_094131.png.332163ef756f3ad11d0bc8be9672d499.png

Screenshot_Doom_20191201_094726.png.0ce65b0634463dca7f2716a582da6828.png