Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andeh

new music?

i was browsing Slayers doom site and noticed the music he remade for doom was really quite cool. would there be a way of making zdoomgl use this music instead of the original midi's?
a cool idea or am I lame as f*ck?

If you have a program like wintex, just import the .it files as data lumps, and rename them to whatever music they are supposed to replace (D_E1M1, D_E1M4 etc)

Thne save the wad and run it ;)

IIRC you can simply place all the files in the "skins" (or "skin"?) directory in the zdoom dir and rename them to the music lump names (D_E1M1, D_E1M4...). ZDoom will then auto-load those files.

could you explain that a bit better please?
i dont quite understand what you mean by IIRC.
i tried putting the files into a skin or skins folder and renaming them but it didnt work.

why do you say "zdoom directory" ?
isnt it your normal DOOM directory with the zdoom files in it?
im slightly confused. I did exactly what Tarin said, but as I guessed it didnt work

Well, I have an own directory for every single port. Anyways, if your ZDoom is in c:\zdoom then create a directory called c:\zdoom\skins (or c:\zdoom\skin I'm not 100% sure which one works). Then place your music into that directory and name them (the music files) the same as the lumps in the IWAD. So if you have a sound file called moo.it, you put it in c:\zdoom\skins as D_E1M1 (so the full path with file name is c:\zdoom\skins\D_E1M1 not that the file has no extension!).

boris said:

Well, I have an own directory for every single port. Anyways, if your ZDoom is in c:\zdoom then create a directory called c:\zdoom\skins (or c:\zdoom\skin I'm not 100% sure which one works). Then place your music into that directory and name them (the music files) the same as the lumps in the IWAD. So if you have a sound file called moo.it, you put it in c:\zdoom\skins as D_E1M1 (so the full path with file name is c:\zdoom\skins\D_E1M1 not that the file has no extension!).

yeah i thought...
cuz i tried exactly that and it didnt work