Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sweet Prince

i love this place!! ... tho could i ask some help too :)

this is a great place, i love doom and i've been lerking around the boards for about 2 months!!! off and on with school and what not..

but the ppl here seem really nice tho if not a lil big headed :) but i just got back into doom and im a bit of a weirdo and i miss my old dos doom.. im gonna get my comp to duelboot with win98se when i get an upgread next year for Doom III... anyway heres what i need from one of you kind ppl

where can i get the old dos exe(s) for Final Doom?

please im NOT asking for warz or the Iwads i bought the doom set with that damn Doom95 HOPING it whould have the exes.. i got a few ports (Zdoom is my fave and PRboom)that im TRYING to find info on to set them MOST LIKE the old 1.9 exes (see my old post as dodada90)

i have the doom shareware exe and my old Doom 2 exe but nothing for Final Doom and very lil info on how to set the way the monster should act.. could someone please send me the Final Doom exe(s) and Setup.exe to dodada90@hotmail.com

i hope to be more a part of the boards after X-mas when i get back to my home PC... cos i cant be long on the net with my g/fs comp i will be playing Doom and Doom II in good old dos while im here tho :D

see you,
Sweet Prince

You may already have the original exe's.

This will depend on which actual versions of the Doom CD's you have, but quite a few compilations have the doom'95 versions in the directories for the various games (doom, doom2, plutonia, TNT) but also have a subdirectory in those directories (from memory, with the same name, so doom\doom or TNT\TNT etc). In them is a full version of the DOS install program, which will install the game in it's original DOS format, complete with DOS exe's.

I know for a fact the Collector's edition doesn't come with the .exe's. Not that that necessarily helps any.

Sucks because there are a lot of mods and demos I can't play because of it.

nope i got the crappy NEW Collector's edition and i've looked everywhere... i even found a warz a few weeks back that had the Doom 1 and 2 exes that i already have!! renamed to doom.exe.old but non for Final Doom.. and ebay sucks i cant even buy it for cheep and i cant find any site that has them to d/l...

also help on the new Zdoom settings in v27 to make it act most like the old Doom 1.9 would be great... sorry to be asking so much and i havnt even been here that long.. i just dont know how the old exes acted enuff to reset the ports.. + i like to collecte doom stuff.. i got almost every half way good mega wad iève heard of on this board :)

thanks for understanding and listening,
Sweet Prince

Sweet Prince said:

nope i got the crappy NEW Collector's edition and i've looked everywhere... i even found a warz a few weeks back that had the Doom 1 and 2 exes that i already have!! renamed to doom.exe.old but non for Final Doom.. and ebay sucks i cant even buy it for cheep and i cant find any site that has them to d/l...

also help on the new Zdoom settings in v27 to make it act most like the old Doom 1.9 would be great... sorry to be asking so much and i havnt even been here that long.. i just dont know how the old exes acted enuff to reset the ports.. + i like to collecte doom stuff.. i got almost every half way good mega wad iève heard of on this board :)

thanks for understanding and listening,
Sweet Prince

Just use doom2.exe -file tnt.wad...
the final doom wads works like normal doom2 megawads
:)

Sweet Prince, here they are:

http://www28.brinkster.com/mykdoom/command.htm

Two things you can set on zdoom to make it look more like doom is:

cl_maxdecals=0 (which will disable the markings on the walls; modify zdoom.ini or change it through the console)

And you can add r_drawtrans 0 to a autoexec.cfg to get rid of the excess brightness on fireball or plasma attack sprites.

Other things you may want to change through the menus is to remove rocket trails and make the automap use standard doom colors. I think many other things are by default much like in doom (no crosshair, fuzzy effect for spectres, and so on, as far as I know.)

Torn said:

the final doom wads works like normal doom2 megawads
:)

Nope, 'fraid not - they're IWADs, just like doom.wad and doom2.wad, not PWADs.

NiGHTMARE, they are IWADs indeed, but what he means is that it is possible to run them as PWADs, although you certainly don't get the proper automap level names and the correct intemission texts if you do it that way.

OMG MYK THANK YOU!!! hehehe i gotta go do X-mas with my g/fs fam for a lil bit but i'll test them out after and that looks like a great FAQ for how doom was :D

and BTW one of the reasons i like Zdoom more then Prboom better faster higher high-REZ and the blood and bullet markings on the walls (i LOVE cool blood splats!!) and the rocket trails.. and the lil extra glow of the fire balls tho i wish thay were a lil see thru like prboom..

cos it all looks like the old doom could have done it if they worked a lil more on it and i read the Doombible and it said thay wanted blood on the walls and stuff i just needed to know the old bugs and the way the monsters acted.. like not walking up or down stares and fighting with other monsters, you know..

and Zdoom just adds that lil extra bit of 8-bit realness and makes doom look the way i think it should have :)

thanks soooo much to you myk and everyone else that makes doom so great to love and play talk about even 9 years later :D

see you later,
Sweet Prince

NiGHTMARE said:

Nope, 'fraid not - they're IWADs, just like doom.wad and doom2.wad, not PWADs.

well... What i meant, like myk said. You can run them like doom2 megawads... :)

I know they are iwads... :)