Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uter Lokales

Doom Eternal Pre-Order & Deluxe Edition Trailer

lol I’m with Gez on the throwback shotgun, it’s not a throwback to any gun I’m familiar with. This looks like great content overall though, I’m really looking forward to using classic sounds and switching the Doom64 blood between green and red would be a neat touch!

2 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Jumping on other people about drawing unsourced conclusions when you yourself are drawing unsourced conclusions is a really odd thing to do, no?

Well, given the fact that we know the censored version has green blood, it's the only conclusion to draw without a source proving otherwise.

2 hours ago, Nevander said:

Well, given the fact that we know the censored version has green blood, it's the only conclusion to draw without a source proving otherwise.

You can draw more conclusions than that. Seed came up with another, that's at least two conclusions thus far, that's more than one.

Also, given you seem to be insistent on your mind set (you also haven't stated why they'd release the game censored), are you prepared to Toxx yourself on your conclusion?

Edited by Edward850

Yea, what I said on the previous page was largely based on my own speculations and assumptions. Considering the blood was green in that trailer, which is the same way it was in the Japanese release, there's multiple conclusions that can be drawn, that was my take.

The reason why I believe we'll have the option to switch between modes is that, unless I'm misremebering things yet again, the original D64 EX planned on integrating something similar for itself (I think it supported Japanese ROMs too), and maybe that was put into practice for the commercial re-release.

E: Not misremembering, confirmed 100%, the original D64EX planned on doing something similar.

Edited by seed

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooow that trailer is HOT stuff. I'm so sad for the delay again but the game is going to be simply amazing!

Does the deluxe edition include the preorder bonuses too if ... well, I bought it recently aka preordered. Or its only the preorder bonuses for the 'normal' package?

16 hours ago, Zemini said:

Nope it is the shotgun guy right before he raised his shield.

Commando's have yet to be OFFICIALLY seen.

He looks completely different to the shotgun guy, color palette and all, and also thats a 4 barrel shotgun then? Well anyway, you could be right but id love to see chaingunners back!

1 hour ago, massivefanofdoom said:

Does the deluxe edition include the preorder bonuses too if ... well, I bought it recently aka preordered. Or its only the preorder bonuses for the 'normal' package?

It'd make sense you'd get the preorder bonuses if you preorder the deluxe version. You could hardly call it deluxe otherwise!

I was going to buy doom 64 on its own but the prospect of green blood might swing me to pick up eternity (could I gift that separately maybe?)

I love the fact that there is an option for classic Doom sounds effects XD

...also Doom 64.

1 hour ago, Rathori said:

The "classic" Plasma Gun in the trailer sounds nothing like the actual vanilla Plasma Gun :(

To be fair the original sound effect is rather loud and can get annoying after a while.

2 hours ago, Rathori said:

The "classic" Plasma Gun in the trailer sounds nothing like the actual vanilla Plasma Gun :(

41 minutes ago, Super Mighty G said:

To be fair the original sound effect is rather loud and can get annoying after a while.

Really hope they're using Perkristian's HD sounds.

7 hours ago, massivefanofdoom said:

He looks completely different to the shotgun guy, color palette and all, and also thats a 4 barrel shotgun then? Well anyway, you could be right but id love to see chaingunners back!

Bald dude with black armor?  Seems pretty close to me other than missing the blood splatter which will be remedied the moment you blast him ass.

FYI - the chaingun guy had red armor and darker skin.

11 hours ago, Zemini said:

Bald dude with black armor?  Seems pretty close to me other than missing the blood splatter which will be remedied the moment you blast him ass.

FYI - the chaingun guy had red armor and darker skin.

Hey, I played Doom2 ok, I know :)

But I mean his color palette and face seem different to the guy on his right, and that gun looks like a chaingun to me. Maybe they arent following the exact original color scheme for him.

EDIT: Well, I went to recheck some gameplay and it seems the normal sergeant's gun is similar if not the same, but still the bald head and color palette are different. It's the shield one perhaps.

Edited by massivefanofdoom

16 hours ago, Rathori said:

Glad I wasnt the only one to notice this, I was rewinding it like 50x like an idiot.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:04 PM, STILES said:

That heat-blast plasma rifle has had yet 'another' change to it.  This one looks the best so far.

So here I was thinking there was only one alt fire for each weapon in this game. Plasma gun seems to have 2 now, d2016s blast and that lightning gun thing.

6 hours ago, massivefanofdoom said:

So here I was thinking there was only one alt fire for each weapon in this game. Plasma gun seems to have 2 now, d2016s blast and that lightning gun thing.

Far as I know this is what has been revealed for each weapon.

Plasma Rifle: Heat Blast, Microwave Beam

Heavy Cannon: Precision Bolt, Micro-missiles

Combat Shotgun: Grenade Launcher, Auto-shotgun

Super Shotgun: Meat Hook

Chaingun: Mobile Turret, Shield-mod

Rocket Launcher: Remote Detonation, 3 Rocket burst

Ballista: Arbalest,  Destroyer Blade (not yet seen, only talked about by Hugo in an interview)  

21 hours ago, STILES said:

Really hope they're using Perkristian's HD sounds.

I can pretty strongly assume that's not ever going to be possible, and to the best of my knowledge, no one at id Software has ever uncovered any "master" copies of the Doom sound effects. They do still have the original royalty free sound libraries, though.

1 hour ago, STILES said:

Ballista: Arbalest,  Destroyer Blade (not yet seen, only talked about by Hugo in an interview)  

Thankyou sir. Destroyer blade sounds cool.

Looks great as I've probably said a thousand times at this point. Still hyped for it.

Doom 64 is gonna be a real treat. Top decision by Id to make it a Pre-order bonus.

I kinda would like to see Marauder as an enemy type because:

1.  Bosses like Cyberdemons and Doomhunters are kind of like artillery support for demons. (specially since Doomhunters and Doom 3's Sabaoth are technically tanks)
  2.  He'd be to the night sentinel what possessed UAC soldiers are to UAC, from the "used to work with you but now he's your foe" aspect to carrying the same weapons as you (Super Shotgun) and it means that Earth isn't the only place suffering from possession and Hell corruption. (imagine possessed angels even)
  3.  He may not work that much as a rival from a design aspect (mirrors the Praetor suit but not the traditional Doomguy appeal enough, probably because he's too integrated in the new art direction that still feels new to the series) and a possible gameplay one (specially with the focus on Doomguy's power level in the game and most rivals are like the player's moveset but with differences/sometimes stronger to feel intimidating, while the Marauder has an axe, SSG, skull things that look like grenades but still needs more to his arsenal) so maybe he could have phases where his design changes to either resemble Doomguy in design or at least gameplay, so he gets shoulder gun and all. (in fact, i'd like to see him make another appearance at some point if it expands on some ideas around him like that)
  4.  I like the idea that demons that were supposed to be single characters could be multiple due to some weird logic somehwere and not just because they're a class, specially if it means species or characters that should have stayed dead can be back occasionally.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:58 PM, Gez said:

It'd make sense you'd get the preorder bonuses if you preorder the deluxe version. You could hardly call it deluxe otherwise!

hahaha yeah thanks

On 10/16/2019 at 7:55 PM, Gerardo194 said:

No black guy with red armor... no chaingunner to me.

I mean, unlike demons, the possessed soldiers would realistically have different looks, like skin tone or facial hair, since we humans can have different looks, unlike demons who visually aren't that diverse.

If these games were more realistic, to the point of being occasionally more shocking and dramatic, some of the Earth/civilians zombies could have been children or pets.

In some way, seeing the same guy in green hair a lot of times for example can be good design, because you're supposed to identify your targets, specially if they have specific designs related to how they play.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:42 AM, STILES said:

Hugo also mentioned of a freeze gun mod, however he didn't state which weapon it was for.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/06/doom-eternal-gameplay-world-premiere-devil-horns-in-the-air-literally/

1 hour ago, Hunting4r2d2 said:

Hugo also mentioned of a freeze gun mod, however he didn't state which weapon it was for.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/06/doom-eternal-gameplay-world-premiere-devil-horns-in-the-air-literally/

"After I finished the demo, Creative Director Hugo Martin gave me a hint about one more default weapon mod that we didn't yet see: a freeze gun. Shameless yank of an old Duke Nukem 3D favorite? Maybe. But if it turns out to be fun, I'll forgive the transgression."

Is it this quote you're referring to?  I vaguely remember Hugo saying something about "Let's say if an enemy hits you with a....freeze ray."  In an interview talking about the game but he was referring to an enemy attacking the player with it.  The idea of both a freeze ray and microwave beam sounds counter-intuitive with both filling the same niche.  

Just my take

Taking inspiration from other games isn't that bad if they still make their take on a concept original and/or interesting enough and if it ends up bringing variety and something positive for the game.

And games like Duke Nukem 3D are associated with Doom and these games usually have the same fans most of the time.

On top of that, Doom could represent those titles in some way or another, since we may never get a new Heretic or proper Duke Nukem 3D sequel ever.

I do wonder if "enemy hits you with a....freeze ray" means there could be an enemy who is meant to make you temporarily slow, by having ice stuck on your armor but still able to break it with a melee punch.

On 10/17/2019 at 8:35 AM, Nevander said:

So Bethesda put out an official version of the Pre-Order trailer (with some slightly different footage and no mention of the Deluxe Edition content):

54 minutes ago, Man of Doom said:

So Bethesda put out an official version of the Pre-Order trailer (with some slightly different footage and no mention of the Deluxe Edition content):

Why is this video unlisted?  Why are they being so secretive about this trailer everyone has seen it already.

Bethesda is so weird

4 hours ago, STILES said:

Why is this video unlisted?  Why are they being so secretive about this trailer everyone has seen it already.

Bethesda is so weird

Well, I did see this video getting featured on the latest article for the Slayer's Club. I'm guessing the video in question is exclusive to members.