Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CHTULU

rare levels\TCs\PCs

myk: be nice, it's Xmas. Why don't you share your rare findings with thee net (whatever that means)?

Nemesis.wad by Justin Fisher - I think only on 3D Game Alchemy or Level Master II CD's which each come with the 3D Game Alchemy 800 page book.

Beyond Doom The Apolcalypse TC - released as-is. Was in some directory of Doomworld for a while

DmWarG.wad

Gothic98.wad - Was only available for a few days with the disclaimer Do Not Distribute. Consisted of a few over-detailed levels. Didn't at least some of this end up as part of Gothic99?

You can find Nemesis TC here. It's not as rare as one would think. since the monster that is in it have been in several PCs already.
Might be cause it was released as skin though..

Anyway, it got some really impressive Doom2.exe editing hacks.

Ct_red_pants said:

If a TC/PC is hard to find, it usually because it’s illegal and/or crap.

Not really; it could just as easily be because it was abandoned and never completed, and thus never put on 3darchives.

Wads I have on this hard drive that I *think* are rare:

- Securitron 3 (unfinished)
- Mancer's maps that never made it into Requiem
- Alternate version of Dario Casali's Requiem map with creepy sounds
- Zombie Doom resources (very bloody :)
- Maps that never made it into SlaughterDM, will be in Crucified Dreams instead (Kerkko V. rules)
- deathmatch map for darken2.wad by someone from TeamTNT that Ola rejected because it sucked heh
- Skulltag deathmatch level glarena.wad that I detailed for someone... was this ever released?
- unfinished mod by Jazz... he used to hang out around planetdaikatana/planetanachronox... I think mewse knows who that is. he's from BC...
- some 3D Alchemy graphics
- Thrust graphics

Anyone have the resources one of the old unfinished projects on Doomworld... it was mostly a weapons mod that I forget the name of. I think the author was "Nark"? Started with N. Black dude. Saw a picture of him in his football gear... I know he released his unfinished stuff at one point.

Um, yeah. I'm not pasting a single link to any of these. :)

What about the full version of Perdition's Gate? I only have the 11-level demo version.

Vile said:

What about the full version of Perdition's Gate? I only have the 11-level demo version.

Aha, I was pretty sure someone would bring this up eventually =)

Perdition's Gate was completed and released (not sure if it was legal, though) as a megawad titled Doom3.wad. A sequel named Doom4 was also released. These wads are not availible on 3darchives.in-span.net AFAIK, probably because they aren't legal. I have them, but don't even ask me for them on these forums.

There was a SUPER rare unfinished mod made by me. In fact, this super rare unfinished mod is so rare, it's gone! It's disappeared from the face of the internet. Well, just the zipfiles. The screenshots are still up, for historical purposes...

Archvile46 said:

Aha, I was pretty sure someone would bring this up eventually =)

Perdition's Gate was completed and released (not sure if it was legal, though) as a megawad titled Doom3.wad.

Not quite. It was completed and released as Perdition's Gate, which was available to buy commercially. Some years later it was completely ripped off by some guy, who renamed the files, changed the text file a bit, and uploaded it, claiming it was his own work.

"Doom4" is in reality Hell To Pay, which was also released commercially and then ripped off by the same guy.

You can find demos of both of them (11 levels each) here:

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/doom2/

Archvile46 said:

I have them, but don't even ask me for them on these forums.

That's alright, we (#nightmare on IRCnet) found the full version of perdgate, though we're still looking for hell2pay. If you want to help us out, which we would greatly appreciate, feel free to drop by. :)

Hmm, otherwise, that's about as rare as megawads can get, aside from the ones that have yet to be released. ;)

I have Hell2Pay. That was renamed to Doom4.wad right? I also have the -deh file but not the original one. I remember I had to edit it because it interfered with my controls and cheats :). I was careful not to edit anything that would change gameplay however. I got Doom3.wad and Doom4.wad from cdrom.com a few years back. I came along at just the right time. Seems they were removed within an hour of my downloading them.

Too bad I can't share them with anyone....

stphrz said:

I have Hell2Pay. That was renamed to Doom4.wad right? I also have the -deh file but not the original one. I remember I had to edit it because it interfered with my controls and cheats :). I was careful not to edit anything that would change gameplay however. I got Doom3.wad and Doom4.wad from cdrom.com a few years back. I came along at just the right time. Seems they were removed within an hour of my downloading them.

Too bad I can't share them with anyone....

I had them downloaded too but immediately deleted them both because I thought they were crap...

Afterglow said:

I had them downloaded too but immediately deleted them both because I thought they were crap...

Had you downloaded files called doom3.zip and doom4.zip? There are wads with these names floating around the 'net that are not Perdgate and Hell2Pay. They are certainly crap, and may also be illegal (particularly the one that claims to be a full iwad). There are demo versions of both Perdgate and Hell2Pay available for (legal!) download.

Afterglow: Actually, I thought the level design was quite good in some of the maps... On the other hand, the new enemies, sprites and textures were not so good.