Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_SloVinator

Share your comedic moments with demons you had when playing any Doom game

Demons made you chuckle or laugh for something they've done randomly. What are those funny memorable moments?

Share them with us! It can be from any Doom game, PWAD or mod.

For me, the recent was when a shotgunner shot an explosive barrel & blew himself up & other two imps nearby.

I have two in Doom 2016:

I was playing the Classic Map of E2M8 and I fought the Cyberdemon. I kept firing in his crotch and he just stood still and took it until he died.

This random Imp died and froze in this pose until he disappeared. It just made me laugh so hard.

z Doom 2016 Death Pose.jpg

There was this rare moment when something like a hell knight was attacking a revenant who was attacking a mancubus who was attacking the first hell knight.

Another one that amuses me a lot is when I kill a cacodemon through a window and then I see his dead body slowly reappear because there is another caco underneath.

Literally any time you use explosive weapons on enemies in doom 3. Enemies just fly into the damn stratosphere in 0.1 seconds when you throw a grenade/rocket at their feet and it blows up under them.  

8 hours ago, DoomedFox said:

Literally any time you use explosive weapons on enemies in doom 3. Enemies just fly into the damn stratosphere in 0.1 seconds when you throw a grenade/rocket at their feet and it blows up under them.  

THIS. It is just the funniest thing I've ever seen.
Speaking of, I find the Imp's walk animation in Doom 3 to be hilarious. Like he just crapped himself. Kinda takes away from the horror.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:45 PM, LadyVader1138 said:

I find the Imp's walk animation in Doom 3 to be hilarious. Like he just crapped himself.

You can see this in the player character himself aswell in some of the cutscenes everytime they introduce a new demon, or in the cutscene when bravo team gets ambushed. once you notice it it's hard to miss it. I guess they were trying to give him a scary walk animation. I find their "crawling on walls" animation to be creepier, If only they were able to use it during gameplay.

Edited by tempdecal.wad : tl;dr

37 minutes ago, tempdecal.wad said:

I find their "crawling on walls" animation to be creepier, If only they were able to use it during gameplay.

Agreed.

In classic Doom; any time a Baron or Hell Knight bitch slaps a zombie into gibs, also when a Spiderdemon gets murdered by a small group of monsters, specially if it gets stun locked by a couple of demons or spectres, this pushover of a monster it's pretty much the Doom version of South Park's Kenny.

Staying in e1m1 playing for couple seconds then turning the game off.  Did this  for so long because I use to get so dizzy from this game. 

Added a crosshair and now I can play a little longer.  It's not vanilla, but I just wan't to play DOOM for once!

Edited by vanilla_d00m

On 8/14/2019 at 12:00 PM, LadyVader1138 said:

I was playing Doom II and I shot a revenant at long range with the rocket launcher and he was flung into the air. It was hilarious.

Wish I could see that! Never seen it happen in Doom before. I've usually only seen enemies go flying in games that have ragdoll physics, like the Just Cause games or Warframe.

I was playing Perdition's Gate and this Mancubus manages to make two Revenants angry at the same time. They cornered him. The next thing I see is an obese abomination being punched to death by two skeleton boys, all emphasised by the continuous cartoonish sound of said punches.

I think the day I nearly fell out of my computer chair while trying to dodge a Baron's fireball would be my most comedic moment...

For me I love when Arch-Viles attack other enemies and launch them into the air. 

I was playing a level the other day, a Revenant managed to lock a Cyberdemon against a wall, rendering it unable to retaliate, and proceeded to punch it to death. Was hilarious, wish I'd taken a screenshot!

Seeing a baron claw himself to death after getting pissed at himself for blowing up a barrel that hurt him in v1.2.

But a shotgun sergeant trying to commit suicide and failing may be funnier.

Actually have v1.2 demos of those and also an imp clawing itself to death.

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/qsn4ae1xvr2rpyy/12fun.zip/file

I used the downgrade patch to turn my Ultimate Doom into v1.0 or v1.1.  Then upgraded it to v1.2.   Actually I did get the v1.666 floppy disks from someone but I think it was Ultimate Doom I downgraded.

Was recently playing Icarus Vanguard & on map 28, Caco got shot by a zombieman, got stuck on a doorway for a couple of seconds (there also was an awkward silence) & then turned around & bit the zombieman, meatloafed him. (I call gib in doom 'meatloaf'.)

Chuckled at that.

This is something I achieved (?) when I was trying to add freelook on my port while having the wrong idea over how it should work

Pinkies stuck on doortraks nevers gets old. 

A very specific event occurs in JPCP map 15 if played on vanilla: there is a random hidden line with action X (presumably lower wait raise) triggered via red key, this makes nearly every sector in the map lower and show HOMs.  When I found this I was shocked and clueless of why that happened. Now that I understand mapping a bit more, I believe this line is tag 0, but doesn't explain the mapper's decision to apply any action on that line, other than a mistake. 

Bonus: I played the map in coop and bugged everyone with not skipping any parts so I could show the phenomenon, since the red key came last. Still remember standing there saying "ok, you ready?" with them waiting for me. 

*presses use.... nothing happens... presses use again... nope... panics...

That was embarrasing, but truth is in ZDoom-like ports you just won't see this shit happening. 

I remember in DOOM 2 were i got a Shotgunner to kill an Imp and it just started sliding down the stairs and it just kept going... and going... and going and then it stopped.

We were testing an old version of the decorate of darkmoon in coop mode in Doom II classic maps phobos made some modification to the pinkies since i told him "i feel pinkies should be buffed as them are the most easiest monster to kill in doom2" so we test it on map08 first i decided to go to the rocket launcher room since i know it have lot of pinkies, until i saw the bastards coming fast and bitting like hell, somehow i managed to survive the first wave but i wouldnt be able to survive the next wave of them due low ammo and health, its in that moment when phobos open the door i just barely hear the door opening and saw him standing there i just quickly run outside the room i guess the only thing he saw was a orange fuzzy coming at high speed from the door and i guess he didnt mind it, its was just matter of seconds after the door closes and phobos enter that in the killing feed appears: "Phobos was bitten by a pinkie"

this not in a doom game but rather in hexen, at that time we also were playing Hexen coop Urric, Phobos and me. And you know how trollish can be the game since you can use artifacts agaisnt your friends, specially Disk or repulsion and porkalator. thing is we were playing in Forsaken Outpost and i saw urric and phobos going trough  jumping the rocks to get across the chasm, i like a lot pushing enemies off the cliff but its in that moment that urric and phobos also decide to jump so with 1 disk of repulsion i pushed urric and phobos to them demise just because i want to reflect a serpent fireball, after they respawn, i decide to jump the  rocks, but for my bad luck i timed it bad and was about to fall from it, turns out also that urric and phobos were also waiting for me to try to jump and push me with disk of repulsion, also for the bad luck of them the moment they use their disk of repulsion was the boost enough to push me trough the chasm and send me directly to the front door of the outpost.

Saw a Baron/HK literally launch an Imp through a window today.

Then I stopped laughing because the small lapse in control that resulted caused me to eat a max damage Rev rocket.

Whenever AVs launch stuff in the air is hilarious.

Demons suddenly nopeing away a thousand miles is fun. :)

When monsters without melee attacks damage their own kind via barrels, then having e.g. Arachnotrons following each other around continuously firing at each other in an endless loop

Recent funny moment for me was then I played Plutonia 2 - few baby spiders gathered up and destroyed poor cyberdemon on the platform without chance to fight back. 

Using the rocket launcher in DOOM 3 is pretty funny, especially on the last level. :)

Here's another one just a couple of moments before.

Was playing Forbidden Archives from Hellbound & there is this library section filled with Arch-viles & Hell Knights.

I shot Vile with three SSG shots, Vile gets hit by Hell Knight, it attacks back & when Knight gets close to Vile, the Vile accidentally kills itself due to aoe from its attack. lol

When you get into your "gamer zone", (especially with BD21/maps of chaos, with Hard Realism difficulty) that you start dodging fireballs in your chair.

Guest Unregistered account

When my dad kindly tested this level out, he would physically try to dodge fireballs... like... leaning left and right in his chair as he strafed away from them. Because he let the Imps and Cacos pile up, there were a lot of projectiles so it became pretty intense swaying.