Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phoo

Issue with linedef actions for a boom format map

Question

Hey, so I've got quite a specific issue. I'm making a boom compatible wad and I ran into a small bump in the road with one of my maps (boom format). I've made a specific switch that I'd like to require a key to activate. The problem is, I'd like that switch to activate a lift. It doesn't appear that there's a an option available in either "Predefined Actions" or "Generalized Actions" (I'm using gzdoombuilder by the way) that will allow for lifts activated by switches that require keys. I'm wondering if something can be done to allow this... maybe something with DeHackEd? or some lump, I'm really not sure...

I've also attached some screenshots related to the issue.

Thanks!

DoomProjectScreenshot.jpg

linedefOptions.jpg

4 answers to this question

with voodoo scrollers a single switch can do virtually anything in boom. I made a key-activated lift in map01 of pepper.wad, which might be a useful reference.

Not possible. What you can do is to hide the switch that activates the lift behind a switch-sized door. Check out my post at here (also contains an example):

1 hour ago, boris said:

Not possible. What you can do is to hide the switch that activates the lift behind a switch-sized door. Check out my post at here (also contains an example):

Ah, I was sorta expecting this to be the case.

Edited by phoo

1 hour ago, Ribbiks said:

with voodoo scrollers a single switch can do virtually anything in boom. I made a key-activated lift in map01 of pepper.wad, which might be a useful reference.

Hmm, that's a really interesting solution. I'll have to check that out! Thanks :)

Edit: tried it out, it worked like a charm! thank you!

Edited by phoo : Issue Resolved