Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReeseJamPiece

What's the best SNES game you've ever played?

What games did you really enjoy playing on SNES? Mines is Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie (The game) and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, strange choices I know but both are genuinely good Beat Em Ups.

Another few games I enjoyed was Chrono Trigger, a great JRPG with lots of depth added on to it.

Super Metroid, LoZ: Link to the Past and Super Mario World are both great also.

Starfox is great fun.

So many great games, what's your favourites?

One of my favorite consoles so really hard to even narrow it down. Since I can get Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat and NBA Jam on many other home consoles, I guess I'll leave them out.

Super Mario World, Super Mario RPG are probably my top 2, when push comes to shove. Donkey Kong Country, Megaman X, and Castlevania 4 would all be duking it out for 3rd. Kirby Superstar, Castlevania Drac X and Aladdin wouldn't be far behind either.

So hard to stop listing games, I've got a drawer full of classics right here next to me, but this is the cream of the crop for me, sans cross-platform games.

EDIT: I prefer fighting games and platformers to RPGs even though the SNES has a large handful of great RPGs. I like my necessary input to be limited to "ME PUSH BUTTON, PLAYER MOVE" but when I was little I spent a lot of time watching my brother play Eye of the Beholder and SimAnt, as well as a couple others I'm forgetting.

Edited by Doomkid

SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV!

SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV!

SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV!

SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV!

SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV!

Did I say SUPER CASTLEVANIA IV?!

Am I still qualified to comment if I've only played two?

well i dont like most RPGs or platformers so theres not a whole lot of SNES games i love.

earthbound is probably the only one i care about really.

From back when I had one:

56 minutes ago, chungy said:

Donkey Kong Country 2

StarWing (Star Fox for a lot of the rest of the world), Super Bomberman, F-Zero, Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart and the other two DKC games are all right up there as well.

Now I've got a SNES Classic Mini and have beaten half of the games on there, I think Secret of Mana and A Link to the Past are up in the mix as well... But to be fair, I've got some certified classics yet to play still, many of which have been mentioned here.

For a long time it was Super Metroid, perfect mix of atmosphere and exploration, still one of my favorite games, and i like to complete it from time to time.

However when the SNES mini released, i got one and i played Earthbound, it's been nearly 2 years since i played it and i can't stop thinking about that game. I just love it

earthbound
yoshi's island
and plok

i've never owned a snes and have only gotten to play a few things on other people's systems but i stand by these games

Chrono Trigger, with Final Fantasy 6 being a close second. I also love Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World, Final Fantasy 5, Super Mario RPG, Ogre Battle, and Seiken Densetsu 3 (I guess its called Trials of Mana now).

Secret of Evermore

Wild Guns

Earthbound

Clock Tower

Donkey Kong Country 1

Contra III

EarthBound was the first game I've ever played on the SNES and it stuck to me for years

Edited by Skootroot : fixing some words

While I'm more of a JRPG player my SNES favorite still remains Super Mario World 2. Best JRPG that undoubtedly goes to Chrono Trigger of course.

1 hour ago, Roofi said:

Secret of Evermore

Wild Guns

Earthbound

Clock Tower

Donkey Kong Country 1

Contra III

Wild Guns was incredible and Clock Tower is so underrated, great picks mate.

Donkey Kong Country definitely, all of them actually. Can't pick a favourite because it depends on the day. Super Metroid comes a close second.

Edited by Aurelius : Messing around.