Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

How to upload "newstuff"?

Copy and Paste with IE, or use FTP.EXE, or better yet, get an FTP client (like SmartFTP or LeechFTP.)

I would have put a link to the FAQ, but it seems to be missing right now.

That's because the server is small and accepts only a few connections at a time. That's the reason why you should get an FTP client, which will keep on trying to connect until it eventually succeeds.

or you could get the file(s) to someone closer to the server so they could upload it easier.
that is: somewhere on this side of the Atlantic ocean. :)

Eh? You already gave up?! Try some more. You barely had time to download the thing and learn how it works, much less let it try and connect...

I'll upload it, if you like, but you must promise to me that there is NOTHING in there that could be considered someone else's work.
update: tnt2 uploaded. :)

Ok, here we go:

Open the dos prompt, change to the folder containing your zipfile and do the following:

ftp
open archives.3dgamers.com
anonymous
(your email address)
cd pub
cd idgames
cd incoming
bin
put ********.zip (whatever your file is called)
put ********.txt (ditto)
quit

Opulent said:

looks great in Deepsea... but I'm too busy to play it... =/

Heh, I'll say! It lags my screen when I have it open! I'm gonna go play it!

EDIT: Pfft, don't work :(

DOUBLE EDIT: Works with extreme lag. Setting down resoloution.

OK, here's the story of my play through your wad, I hope it isn't hard to read....

I started it up. I got the error mentioned in your other thread. With a quick change of heapsize, zdoom managed to boot up.

As the level comes into view, I'm greeted by the name of the wad to remind me I'm playing a zdoom wad. Lightning strikes, and I quickly notice the sweet skybox using a warping flat. I walk forward into a huge clearing, and step up to a switch, showing me a great cutscene complete with a moving camera. My brother walks into the room, and stares in awe at the ambience of the canyon.

"Looks like someone's past you up Epyo!" He tells me. But I continue walking -- I'll judge only when I'm finished.

I've finally found my way into a beautiful underground complex. I stop and look at the gorgeous architecure. Then move on, and I repeat this in each room.

I'm getting bored now. Each room consists of 3789237483 monsters, and 23554 sectors. No, I guess the 23554 sectors is no big deal, but after meeting dead ends, and dead ends, one starts to feel frustrated.

I'm starting to hope it's almost over now. I finally got fed up with it all, and decided to just jump across the lava river. I walk some more, and jump back to the other side, where I meet a switch. Is it the end? I press it.

"Exit door open!" As it shows me doors opening. I know where this door is! Sweet! I travel back up the lava river, now filled to the brim with lost souls and cacos. I turn left, and find myself in a room I haven't even seen before. I turn around and run farther up the lava river, while dodging imps and even more cacos. I CAN'T be lost! No! This is the best looking wad I've played in weeks! If I could only travel through this swarm of monsters, maybe I could just think for one second...

I now find myself surrounded by 254 creatures in the lava river room. Is this the end? No! It's time to take out my secret weapon - the jump button! My pinky mashes down the jump key, and after two jumps, I manage to jump on top of the pile of imps. Escape! But my joy lasts only a few seconds, as I'm greeted by the friendly smile of a floating caco. I can't get around him, without falling into the lava. I aim my SSG into his eye, and less than a second later, I see his mutilated corpse sink into the lava. But as the one caco's corpse dissolved, two NEW cacos hissed into view. I step back, still standing on the swarm of imps, and find myself cornered...

I got lucky! An imp hit one of the cacos, and the caco left to deal with the imp! This was my last chance! I dashed through the opening in the ring of cacos, and found myself running away from the lava river, towards where I figured the exit to be! I turn around to take one last look back to the lava river and-
ZDOOM HAS MADE AN ILLEGAL OPERATION AT 89ab066060547892587 BLAGagagagagag!

---

Okay wad I guess...

Epyo said:

Emotion-filled story.

Sounds kind of like my adventure. After dying right off the bat in Ultra-Violence and seeing how fast my ammo disappeared, I decided to play in I'm Too Young To Die. Surprisingly, I STILL ran out of ammo and died a hundred million times. The arena was the worst of the dying. I spent most of my time running circles around the arena to draw the enemies toward the center and make them kill eachother. Still, I had to use Load about 30 times in there. I gradually lost health every save until I had 2 and noticed the Soul Sphere. After that it was pretty easy, but all the health in the level seems focused at the end, where you don't need it. After the arena I had 100+ for pretty much the whole level.

Still, the level was amazing. Could have used difficulty settings and maybe some more health or less enemies.

The arena was the worst of the dying.

arena? Wow I must have skipped a lot...

Anyway.

goods
ZDooM features improve everything about the wad.
The skybox.
The sweet looking architechture.
The textures.
The ambience.

bads
The gameplay - I often found myself being trampled by 16-18 monsters at once, with no BFG, plasma, or rockets. Am I just bad at DooMing?

But at least the goods outnumber the bads, right?
BTW, is this your first wad, or your first relesed wad?

hmm how long exactly does it take for the admin to take it out of the incoming folder? i uploaded a wad and i actually want people to play it :(

It can be as quick as one hour, or he might now see it for a whole day! What's the name of your wad?

Epyo said:

arena? Wow I must have skipped a lot...

Try it again with God mode (Don't use IDKFA, some of the scripts trigger when keys/weapons are picked up). The Arena is worth witnessing. Five whole minutes of carnage. Seems like an eternity when you're waiting for the door to open. You can clip to behind the red door if you're really in a hurry.

Nanami said:

The Arena is worth witnessing. Five whole minutes of carnage.

Heh, just played it. It's a ring event, but you don't have to kill anything. I didn't have much fun though, since I kept running into little stacks of rocks, and I had no idea where I was going since it was so dark. I really need a new monitor :(

it's called fear.zip and is on the 3dgamers archives ftp

OK, I bet Ty checks /incoming around 2-4 times a day, so It's be in /newstuff any minute now.