Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReaperAA

ColdPal - A new palette for Doom/Doom2 [On idgames]

Cool effect, looks like sun rays against the glass of CRT monitor or white light in middle of blue.

This looks especially well with Doom 64 for Doom II giving that subtle D64 touch.

Edited by FearTheReaper

Reminds me of the palette Ron made for Hexen.

Which is good, I loved that, and I had no idea a palette change also affects the Wolfenstein maps, shit that looks awesome son. Those walls feel like crystals now.

Just what happens when u make last minute changes. I accidentally got the greens in the COLORMAP screwed after paletizing it due to some changes I made to the palette. I have now fixed it and I request everyone who downloaded Beta 1 to download the new Beta 2.

Pretty good palette, pal!
Its similar to the one that Antares031 used for Struggle: Antaresian Legacy.
I tested the Coldpal with different wads an it gratly enhances the experience. Desaturated colors are refreshing for the eye.

Beta 4 is here. Apart from further tweaks/optimizations, there is now also an alternate file in the package called "ColdPal_lite.wad". This version does not change the reds and pinks in the palette and colormap (they are almost same as in vanilla doom) but retains the other changes.

This is hopefully the final version before I send it for idgames.