Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReeseJamPiece

Overwatch 2 and Diablo IV announced

Blizzard have recently announced the 2 new big games they have coming out and I'm very much excited.

I have been playing Blizzards games for years now and I'm honestly so excited for all this.

What are your thoughts on the new games? will it be trash or will it be golden?

18 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

Has Blizzard thrown the neon coloured American-Renfair WoW-ian fantasy style  in the trash? If not, Diablo 4 can fuck off.

The game looks more bleak, but the proportions of some of the characters is still kind of cartoony. The main antagonist is also a female demon again for some reason.

Dude, I love Lilith's design. She's so sinister looking with that translucent skin and flesh cape. This Diablo definitely looks like a true return to the visceral darkness of the previous games.

Lilith is established in the diablo universe already, but after waiting so long I was pretty psyched to see Diablo again. That's just my expectation though. It's still early of course so it's maybe too soon to say one way or another. Nothing in the D4 trailer so far has grabbed me as particularly enthralling though. The trailer for WoW:Shadowlands was nice to look at as well but felt kind of predictable. In my opinion the departure of Metzen from Blizzard has left a negative effect across many of their IP's.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they skipped on Diablo altogether. I mean, we've already kicked his ass 3 times. I'm curious to see what they come up with this time regarding the main plot.

12 minutes ago, reflex17 said:

I'm still waiting for a Diablo 1 remaster lol.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Or more... it was the best Diablo. Diablo 2 was good. Diablo 3, I bought it three years ago and I still haven't gotten halfway through it.

But the idea for a D2 remaster was talked about some time ago, they never said anything about any interest in making a D1 remaster.

New WoW - logical and just.

Next diablo is just unexpected surprise, a music to my eyes and ears already. Such grimm atmosphere just enslaving my curiosity, mmm.

but ow2? Nah screw it. I haven’t touched original one and have no plan to touch this one either.

I'm liking what I'm seeing in the new Diablo so far.

Might pick an interest again since I still have memories since I first played D2 (and my only Diablo game so far... I skipped 3 altogether).

OW2 is getting co-op? is it going to be just "Mann vs Machine 2" or will it have more types of missions?

edit: Story and Hero missions apparently. Interesting.

Edited by sluggard

I'm pretty sure that Overwatch 2 is just Blizzard trying to steer attention away from controversy. I'm also kinda worried about Diablo 4, being with the failure of the last one.

I was going to write a big paragraph on the entire Blizzcon, but I changed my mind. I'll make it short and simple.

Better than last year's.

Shadowlands: Needs to change a lot of things to make up for BFA.

Diablo 4: Hype for something to come out in 2-3 years. Gameplay is a mix of Diablo 2 & 3.

Overwatch: No comment. Never played it and never will.

Hearthstone: Has been stale for 3 years. Oh and a fucking autochess because why not.

Starcraft 2: ..... Broodwar sends it's regards.

Edited by Octillion

Man, FUCK Blizzard. Those freedom-hating dirtbags aren’t getting a buffalo nickel from me. Or any other form of currency, for that matter.

Edited by Doomkid

From what I understood multiplayer/online is required to play Diablo 4, and you might encounter other players out in the wild, they sort of confirmed this by saying there are PvP areas. Mandatory multiplayer I can handle, the main thing I didn't like from the panel was the addition of rideable mounts. They said basically the world will be large enough to need mounts/fast travel.

To me that subtracts a lot of what the Diablo games in the past have been about, which is essentially travelling vast distances on foot fighting thousands of monsters. I know there are dungeons and mounted combat options etc, and horses make sense in the game world, I just think it's a disappointing gameplay decision. 

25 minutes ago, Octillion said:

autochess because why not.

Even large companies can spread themselves too thin, I'm surprised they didn't learn a lesson from Heroes of the Storm.

Oh goodie...another Overwatch (ugh). I don't play Diablo so i have nothing to say on that although i do know that Diablo II is supposedly the one that everyone really likes/liked. I believe i actually briefly tried it some years ago but i don't recall tbh. 

Also Blizzard can go fuck themselves for all i care.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:25 PM, reflex17 said:

I'm still waiting for a Diablo 1 remaster lol.

You should check out the mods "Diablo 1 HD Belzebub" and "Diablo: The Hell 2."  These are both really good and add a ton of new content in each. 

Belzebub adds crafting, higher resolutions, a new npc, and quests that were originally cut from the original game (and much more.)

The Hell 2 is similar to Belzebub but retains the original feel of Diablo much more while ramping up the difficulty considerably and adding the content from Diablo's expansion Hellfire as the cherry on the top.

I'm working on my own remaster of Diablo 1 at the moment too.

The always online for Diablo 4 kills the game for me right away.

And for Overwatch 2, this sums up my reaction perfectly.

image.png.05642ea90d9e5623dcf561b36cb08307.png

30 minutes ago, STILES said:

You should check out the mods "Diablo 1 HD Belzebub" and "Diablo: The Hell 2."  These are both really good and add a ton of new content in each. 

Belzebub adds crafting, higher resolutions, a new npc, and quests that were originally cut from the original game (and much more.)

The Hell 2 is similar to Belzebub but retains the original feel of Diablo much more while ramping up the difficulty considerably and adding the content from Diablo's expansion Hellfire as the cherry on the top.

I'm working on my own remaster of Diablo 1 at the moment too.

Interesting, I knew about Belzebub mod but not The Hell 2. It would be cool to have official multiplayer functionality and stuff, but hey what can you do. Good luck with your remaster work.