Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cambreaKer

What is the first fps game you have played?

Medal of Honor: Rising Sun back when I was 9 or 10.

It was Goldeneye 64 in 1997 and I was 10 years old.

Edited by Avoozl

Doom and Heretic. I played them for the first time around 2001-ish when I was 5-6 years old.

DooM on a Pentium 166 running win95. Everything I played before that was on the Commodore 64 or on the Atari 2600.

I may not remember it correctly, but I think the very first fps game I ever played was the PS3 demo for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. I'm a young Gen Z Doomworld member, ya know.

Back in the day one of my relatives managed a video rental franchise, so once in awhile my cousin and I would tag along and play random games in the back office.

Faceball 2000 was released before Wolf3d - it was out approximately one month after Catacomb3d, but I didn't play Cata3d until later.

That same cousin I mentioned above is the one who showed me Wolf3d mods and a level editor, starting a lifelong hobby of making maps for different games.

Medal of Honor: Frontline, the best in that franchise imo.

Jurassic Park on the SNES lol. Indoor first-person sections took up a good chunk of the game so I largely consider it to be an FPS. Otherwise on PC it was Hexen not long after and eventually followed by the Doom shareware.

Star Wars: Dark Forces. Dad put Doom on our home PC earlier, but didn't let me play it because blood, horror, satanism etc. Dark Forces was completely ok to him though (except for the horror part, as I found out the hard way).

Most likely Unreal Tournament (the first one). It is still, to me, a timeless favorite. Not the favorite, I don't think I have such a thing. I usually cycle playing games in a boredom loop – get tired of A, go to B; get tired of B, go to A; repeat.

Oh, extra details – I play Unreal Tournament since I was roughly around 4 years old. (That's also somewhere around when I began learning English!)

I was born in 2003. I remember that I had an aunt who (or whose husband) had UT, and my father's friend (who used to be a co-worker of his) did also have UT (as I discovered when I visited their apartment, I think several years later?).

I would always ask to go to this aunt's house to play UT on their computer. It had some maps I could not find anywhere else, even in the Internet Archive, including an outdoor version of CTF-Coret (where there are two outdoor areas, each containing an indoors area which is actually a half from CTF-Coret; there were conveyors, and lasers, it was awesome!) and some other maps I really miss and I wish I could find.

There was even this map where you jumped between cars and trucks, and the flags were inside some of these trucks, and the background moved to simulate motion (like they do in AS-HiSpeed)... It was so fun-tastic!

And only when I was 14 my hyperactivity was mild enough my father actually allowed me to play UT. It took me a decade! "^w^

Now I am halfway through 16 years old! :)

Curse of the Catacombs. Back when it was new. I really don't know why my mom thought it would be acceptable, and I didn't ask for it. Just came home from school one day and "Hey, I bought you a computer game". Which was nice, had quite a bit of fun with it. The only part I didn't like about it was killing the were-rabbits, because I really liked rabbits.