Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deleted User

Freedoom Music Remixes??

On 10/12/2019 at 10:19 PM, D4RKP1G said:

You know zip. doesn't work whit mobile?

Or you could work on a PC, it will be much faster than working on a mobile phone.
Also, do you know SALDE3? Its a PC program for Doom editing, that let you export de midi files you need.

Freedoom is a community project in progress, every file, every map, every thing in Freedoom, in some way, is a placeholder until one better comes around, so if you want, you can modify the midis as you like and then share them here, if somebody listen it and think it is good, it would be submited in the GIT reopository for further changes.

@Jimmy @esselfortium @stewboy are forum member here, you can send them a private message if you are looking for some advice. They are great composers and surely give you a lot to think and surely you will improve with their advices.

You don't need to REMIX Freedoom music, you can if you want to, but you can also submit new compositions, if you think that they would make a better fit for certain level, entirely made by you. If you don't like certain midi in Freedoom, make one you think it would be better. Don't work in what you don't like, its no use.

On 10/31/2019 at 4:09 PM, P41R47 said:

Or you could work on a PC, it will be much faster than working on a mobile phone.
Also, do you know SALDE3? Its a PC program for Doom editing, that let you export de midi files you need.

Freedoom is a community project in progress, every file, every map, every thing in Freedoom, in some way, is a placeholder until one better comes around, so if you want, you can modify the midis as you like and then share them here, if somebody listen it and think it is good, it would be submited in the GIT reopository for further changes.

@Jimmy @esselfortium @stewboy are forum member here, you can send them a private message if you are looking for some advice. They are great composers and surely give you a lot to think and surely you will improve with their advices.

You don't need to REMIX Freedoom music, you can if you want to, but you can also submit new compositions, if you think that they would make a better fit for certain level, entirely made by you. If you don't like certain midi in Freedoom, make one you think it would be better. Don't work in what you don't like, its no use.

I don't have a computer, I wouldn't be asking these questions if I had one

1 minute ago, D4RKP1G said:

I don't have a computer, I wouldn't be asking these questions if I had one

Well, you will got a hard time with this, almost all the programs for doom editing are for PC, probably there are some for mac and linux, but i don't know if there is any for android.
Sorry, i answered you in that way, because, in my country, there are a lot of people that even if they got a PC they don't use it and instead work and suffer working in their celphones or tablets. I don't wanted to be rude or mean in any way.

13 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Well, you will got a hard time with this, almost all the programs for doom editing are for PC, probably there are some for mac and linux, but i don't know if there is any for android.
Sorry, i answered you in that way, because, in my country, there are a lot of people that even if they got a PC they don't use it and instead work and suffer working in their celphones or tablets. I don't wanted to be rude or mean in any way.

Aw, ok, seems like I'll have to get a PC for Christmas.

Anyways, I have trouble whit mid/mus thing, can you do that for me?

it'll be a real help

3 minutes ago, D4RKP1G said:

Aw, ok, seems like I'll have to get a PC for Christmas.

Anyways, I have trouble whit mid/mus thing, can you do that for me?

it'll be a real help

I suggest you to not use .mus files, Doom engine can read .midi files without problem. Compose in midi and share your love
Here are all the Freedoom midis, have fun!
Freedoom Midi.rar

2 hours ago, P41R47 said:

I suggest you to not use .mus files, Doom engine can read .midi files without problem. Compose in midi and share your love
Freedoom Midi.rar

Marry me

Edited by D4RKP1G

Freedoom Midi.rar

This may be too much to ask, but can you get me the general midi soundfont on .rar?

1 minute ago, D4RKP1G said:

This may be too much to ask, but can you get me the general midi soundfont on .rar?

Mmm, i don't know much about soundfonts, this is the one thats come with gzdoom:

gzdoom_Soundfont.rar

Hope this is what you are looking for...

I haven't sleep, but I finished my YouTube version of MAP01

By YouTube version, I mean an extension.

Go check it out, please :)

Ignore the title

Its an amazing remix, @D4RKP1G! The title its not bad at all.
If you got the midi, please, let me try it in-game.

To share the midi here, you need to .zip it or .rar it.

8 hours ago, P41R47 said:

Its an amazing remix, @D4RKP1G! The title its not bad at all.
If you got the midi, please, let me try it in-game.

To share the midi here, you need to .zip it or .rar it.

It's a .flm, but maybe you can convert them to midi?

And I actually don't want it to be ingame, it's not a loop, that's why it's a "YouTube Version", because it's ment to be just for listening.

I can cut the piano part, so it becomes a loop again?

Edited by D4RKP1G

1 hour ago, D4RKP1G said:

It's a .flm, but maybe you can convert them to midi?

And I actually don't want it to be ingame, it's not a loop, that's why it's a "YouTube Version", because it's ment to be just for listening.

I can cut the piano part, so it becomes a loop again?

Err... i don't know about the conversion. As far a i know, midi is not a sound media file, but an instruction file that the program translate as music, so no... i think it doesn't convert into midi.
Anyway, this one is cool, and you are right, maybe its better to have it for yourself.
Its a neat work, @D4RKP1G, you should be proud of it!
I was whistling it all the morning, hahaha.

Err... i don't know about the conversion. As far a i know, midi is not a sound media file, but an instruction file that the program translate as music, so no... i think it doesn't convert into midi.
Anyway, this one is cool, and you are right, maybe its better to have it for yourself.
Its a neat work, @D4RKP1G, you should be proud of it!
I was whistling it all the morning, hahaha.

Thank you @P41R47!, it wasn't that hard to find a Melody that suits the rest of the song,

And the bass & distortion guitar make the rest, along whit the overdriven guitar.

the brightness pad chords make it sound more "atmospheric" and the square lead as background loop.

it really resembles all the love I have for freedoom, I grew up whit it.

And yes, I'm really proud of it, as said, I love freedoom, and everything I do that has to do whit it makes me proud.

PD: maybe you can change the organ chords into brightness or goblings?, it sounds way more space-like.

Edited by D4RKP1G

1 hour ago, D4RKP1G said:

Thank you @P41R47!, it wasn't that hard to find a Melody that suits the rest of the song,

And the bass & distortion guitar make the rest, along whit the overdriven guitar.

the brightness pad chords make it sound more "atmospheric" and the square lead as background loop.

it really resembles all the love I have for freedoom, I grew up whit it.

And yes, I'm really proud of it, as said, I love freedoom, and everything I do that has to do whit it makes me proud.

PD: maybe you can change the organ chords into brightness or goblings?, it sounds way more space-like.

I don't know how i can make that... i don't even had a program to work with.
I know a little music, mostly read it in partiture, but i got near to zero aknowledgment to compose or to make arrangments.
Classical study its pretty useless while studying.

I don't know how i can make that... i don't even had a program to work with.
I know a little music, mostly read it in partiture, but i got near to zero aknowledgment to compose or to make arrangments.
Classical study its pretty useless while studying.

I was thinking of just changing the soundfont?, but, meh...