Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Datacore85

[UDoom] Endless Torture (Update Vanilla-Compatible)

Hi, i reworked my old Megawad (made in 2015) for "The Ultimate Doom" and I tried to make all the maps compatible with Chocolate Doom.

I fixed lot of things as, 3D things to delete, corrected the textures that make tutti frutti, corrected some maps that did not respect the limits of visplanes, aligned some textures and some problems of things, I also changed slot maps E3M5 and E3M6 so that the player can do the episode in full.

However, i can't launch E4M7 with chocolate-doom (the map works with Dos)..I would like to know if some players could help me for this map, i would like to know why the map bug at spawn.

Edited by Datacore85

You don't know how much I would've loved to have this when I was doing max runs for Episodes 1 and 2 last year, both of which are incompatible with this new version.

I'm also kind of miffed that even after breaking demo compatibility, this new version still has a couple of maps where it's impossible to get 100% kills like in the original.

In E1M4, sector 204 contains an imp which cannot be accessed by any means since it's too high for it be noticed.

Similarly, in E2M4, sectors 91 and 92 contain four imps, but no tag for them to lower, so they don't appear.

I'm not sure if the other episodes have any issues, I haven't played them that much, but they might need looking into.

I was really hoping the work done on this new version would've led to these problems being fixed. Oh well, such is life...

58 minutes ago, Revved said:

You don't know how much I would've loved to have this when I was doing max runs for Episodes 1 and 2 last year, both of which are incompatible with this new version.

I'm also kind of miffed that even after breaking demo compatibility, this new version still has a couple of maps where it's impossible to get 100% kills like in the original.

In E1M4, sector 204 contains an imp which cannot be accessed by any means since it's too high for it be noticed.

Similarly, in E2M4, sectors 91 and 92 contain four imps, but no tag for them to lower, so they don't appear.

I'm not sure if the other episodes have any issues, I haven't played them that much, but they might need looking into.

I was really hoping the work done on this new version would've led to these problems being fixed. Oh well, such is life...

Well @Revved, this is a good time we can spend helping @Datacore85 to make this megawad even better. So any help playtesting surely will come in handy.
This one deserves more love. Its a great megawad
Here is a dehacked patch for level names in the automap, Datacore85, you can add it to the update and inside the wad as a DEHACKED lump.
ETDehackedPatch.rar
If you want, i can write some end episode's text screens to add in the dehacked, what do you think Datacore85?
And maybe search some midi music to remplace the UD original music.

Can't really help you with your issue, just wanted to thank you for bringing this wad to my attention. Downloaded the original version and nearly through the first episode. Really enjoying these maps so far. 

Good luck with vanilla compatibility! 

Sorry about that, i could rename the .Wad or make available the old version like that the demos made will serve again. I watched the runs it's pretty impressive.

If you want, i can write some end episode's text screens to add in the dehacked, what do you think Datacore85?
And maybe search some midi music to remplace the UD original music

I don't know, the Wad must be 100% Vanilla compatible and i would like somethings who be faithful enough to the original iwad.

Edit:

Fixed

P41R7

The Dehacked Doesn't work.

Edited by Datacore85

20 hours ago, Datacore85 said:

Sorry about that, i could rename the .Wad or make available the old version like that the demos made will serve again. I watched the runs it's pretty impressive.

I don't know, the Wad must be 100% Vanilla compatible and i would like somethings who be faithful enough to the original iwad.

Edit:

Fixed

P41R7

The Dehacked Doesn't work.

Thanks, Datacore85.
Hope the dehacked i send you is fixed now.

Just finished playing the original Endless Torture on UV. Fantastic wad! E4 was the standout to me. Definitely kicked it up a notch. Really had a great time with it. Hope your update is going well. Thanks for the wad!

On 11/3/2019 at 9:00 PM, Datacore85 said:

I can't launch E4M7 with chocolate-doom (the map works with Dos)..I would like to know if some players could help me for this map, i would like to know why the map bug at spawn.

Sorry no idea of what's going on. It runs fine in RUDE for me and i don't get any warning. I've been watching the demos. I most likely played the original wad back in the day but i can't remember it now. Looks great.

On 11/18/2019 at 1:52 PM, Datacore85 said:

It's ok, the update was made on idgames.

Thx to P41R47 for the Help.

No need to thanks, Datacore. ;)
I'm glad that i can help you make this one better.