Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noiser

DOOM 4 VANILLA v3.2

Would it be possible to make a version that's compatible with Eviternity? I find the cyber mancubi (I think that's their name) produce lots of glitchy lost souls instead of fireballs.  

It would be great to play such a sophisticated vanilla mod with such a advanced map pack. :)  No worries if it's a hassle, just thought I'd ask. :)

I have some aesthetic suggestions

-Change the dead zombieman decorations into dead possessed security

-Change the Icon of Sin pentagram textures (Those walls you activate to lower the floors in Map 30) into the new Icon of Sin

Small suggestions for better compatibility with Classic RBDOOM :

- Move the Episode labels to another wad since they conflict with DOOM 2's expansion labels

- Move MAP07 to another wad since the same wad can be loaded to Final DOOM, NERVE and MASTER LEVLES

PS: Here is and some number recolors for the status bar 

D4VBFG.zip

Edited by MadGuy : Added an extra

21 hours ago, Average said:

Would it be possible to make a version that's compatible with Eviternity? I find the cyber mancubi (I think that's their name) produce lots of glitchy lost souls instead of fireballs.  

It would be great to play such a sophisticated vanilla mod with such a advanced map pack. :)  No worries if it's a hassle, just thought I'd ask. :)

Custom monsters are part of Eviternity's experience, so even after removing the coding for them, you will also have to rework the maps a bit to fit D4V.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer

I made a dumb video (choco-doom, no mouse):

On 10/28/2019 at 8:56 AM, MadGuy said:

- Move the Episode labels to another wad since they conflict with DOOM 2's expansion labels

- Move MAP07 to another wad since the same wad can be loaded to Final DOOM, NERVE and MASTER LEVLES

If I move the bypasser a lot of people will get stuck on map07 :-(
You can try the lite version for any map that doesn't use 666\667 sectors. I can remove the episode labels as well.

Btw, I don't know very much about the BFG edition... what exactly these numbers are for? I can add them for the next release!

On 10/28/2019 at 8:27 AM, DarkShotX45 said:

-Change the dead zombieman decorations into dead possessed security

-Change the Icon of Sin pentagram textures (Those walls you activate to lower the floors in Map 30) into the new Icon of Sin

The dead zombieman is a good one, some people asked about that before. I just have to stop being lazy and also be sure that will not affect compatibility with other maps. The IOS seems a bit unnecessary, but I will think about it.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:12 AM, Average said:

Some mapsets will not be compatible if they rely too much on Dehacked. However, you can try the -nodeh parameter and see how it plays. It works for wads like D2TWID or Moonblood, I'm not sure about Evilternity though. Also, be aware that GZDoom may not recognize this parameter (IDK if they fixed that). You can remove the Dehacked lump using Slade for the same effect.

Edited by Noiser

7 hours ago, Noiser said:

Btw, I don't know very much about the BFG edition... what exactly these numbers are for? I can add them for the next release!

Those are the "pink" numbers that are used on the status bar in order to show you which weapon you currently use in the ARMS section

Is it possible to use this with Eviternity? Currently when I load them together in GzDOOM the weapons sprites get corrupted.

4 hours ago, Breeder said:

Is it possible to use this with Eviternity? Currently when I load them together in GzDOOM the weapons sprites get corrupted.

Read the first few comments of this very page.

15 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Read the first few comments of this very page.

I wonder what my problem is. I'd have no problem going in and taking out the custom monster as I feel these two would mix well beautifully, but I'm having problems with the pistol sprite in general. It was a thought anyhow, thanks for pointing me to the post.

2 hours ago, Breeder said:

I'm having problems with the pistol sprite in general.

The pistol in Eviternity is also modified so that's why it is causing issues I think.

Yeah its definetely the modified pistol causing that problem

Same thing happens with Argent when I tried it (The pistol's muzzle fire not appearing and the classic pistol replacing some frames)

image.png.2f1d7ad612a3d53f55055c958fa1b8f4.png

DOWNLOAD - 2.4 REGULAR
DOWNLOAD - 2.4 MS-DOS
(D4V-LITE is at the bottom)

Sorry for all these updates. I want to polish the mod as much as I can, to be 100% satisfied with it. 
This update fixes a lot of bugs and keeps the tuning process to be as balanced as possible.

I still want to make another version (2.5), to include full compatibility with BTSX 1 and 2. I already finished converting all the textures, so I think I will be able to do that very soon. Even so, I decided to update it now with the important stuff, in case of not being able to release it again.

Some alterations I've been doing the last week:

• Fixed a bug where some enemies get stuck on a loop: You may have seem this before: A Mancubus repeatedly using the flamethrower against no one or the Barons jumping without move. Most of the time this was caused by Lost Souls, so I fixed that. This still happens after saving and loading (on vanilla).
  • Rebalanced the "Grenade" Cyberdemon to be more fair
  • Added the BFG Edition numbers (thanks to @MadGuy)
  • Added better compatibility for some textures
  • Improved some sprites, like the Cyber-Mancubi
  • Hell Razers now have quick-retaliation: Balance was tweaked appropriately (to be more engaging, not more difficult)
  • Updated E2M8 and E3M8: E2M8 have some pillars and better item\enemy placement. E3M8 have a secret BFG.
  • Improved frame animations for the Gauss Cannon blast (As I reported here before)
  • Fixed the Mark V Pistol lighting (GZdoom)
  • Other minor tweaks here and there

I'm also trying to make the HAR 100% accurate for the next release, as @GarrettChan suggested before. I'm still not sure if I will be able to do that but I will keep trying. I have to deal with some buggy codepointers, problems with sound, etc.

DOWNLOAD - 2.4 D4V-LITE 
(D4V-LITE is an specific version that removes some features from the mod, intended first and foremost for level-designers. Keep in mind this version doesn't have map bypassers that are necessary to avoid soft-locking)

Edited by Noiser

The new weapons will be important for the next release. Please, let me know if you find anything weird
Any bug report or feedback regarding weapons, monsters or balance in general is very appreciated

@Noiser

First of all, incredible work! This is one of the best mods I've ever played. It makes levels fresh in ways I'd never expect. I'd love to see a megawad devoted just to this mod. You have done something really special here.

With that said, here are a few things I've noticed:

1)

In the Ultimate Doom, the replacement for E3M8 doesn't allow me to enter the 'arena' with the Spider-Mastermind. Even when the pillars descend, there's an invisible wall there. Is this how the level is supposed to be designed? I don't know this level personally so I have no idea how it plays normal, but it's very weird to have an invisible wall that doesn't let me actually enter the arena with the Spider-Mastermind. I'd prefer little pillars remain there or you're allowed to enter the interior arena area.

2)

This is personal preference probably, but I don't like the sound the Gorenests make before you fight them / before they spot you. It sounds like a stuck door. It's even weirder when you can hear them through walls, like in some levels in Reverie. It just sounds like a bug. Is it possible to just remove that sound effect for them altogether?

3)

This is probably just me and how I loaded things (I was using zDoom 2.8.1 in this particular case), but in TNT Revilution, Map 30 has a weird bug where a lot of the torches in the open of the level are either Hell Knights attacking or the Summoner fire graphic. It's odd, because I haven't seen this in any other levels or megawads, so I assume it has something to do with the dehacked patch for Revilution? Level 30 has some unique enemies in it, so I'm guessing that's the problem.

4)

I don't mind the changed textures at all, but in Alien Vendetta it looks kinda weird (especially all red levels with green poison textures in just some very specific spots). I think Alien Vendetta works great with this mod as a whole, and I'd personally have it on my list of recommended wads for this.

That's it from me, thank you!

1 hour ago, Mr. Duk said:

1)

In the Ultimate Doom, the replacement for E3M8 doesn't allow me to enter the 'arena' with the Spider-Mastermind. Even when the pillars descend, there's an invisible wall there. Is this how the level is supposed to be designed? I don't know this level personally so I have no idea how it plays normal, but it's very weird to have an invisible wall that doesn't let me actually enter the arena with the Spider-Mastermind. I'd prefer little pillars remain there or you're allowed to enter the interior arena area.

3)

This is probably just me and how I loaded things (I was using zDoom 2.8.1 in this particular case), but in TNT Revilution, Map 30 has a weird bug where a lot of the torches in the open of the level are either Hell Knights attacking or the Summoner fire graphic. It's odd, because I haven't seen this in any other levels or megawads, so I assume it has something to do with the dehacked patch for Revilution? Level 30 has some unique enemies in it, so I'm guessing that's the problem.

1) It's e2m8 from free doom and there's no invisible wall on the original map

3) do you have any "blood mod" enabled on (g)zdoom ? as this is not happening on dosbox , choco doom , crispy or gzdoom 

1 hour ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

1) It's e2m8 from free doom and there's no invisible wall on the original map

3) do you have any "blood mod" enabled on (g)zdoom ? as this is not happening on dosbox , choco doom , crispy or gzdoom 

1) Interesting. I wonder if this can be fixed then? I noticed there’s a clipping error with the pillars when they lower down, I wonder if it has to do with that?

3) Nope, I have no special mods or anything special. Just Revilution and Doom 4 Vanilla in the last build of zDoom before it went extinct. Ultimately I’m assuming this is more my problem than a bug so I’m not too worried. I still use zDoom quite a bit, which in most cases is fine.

15 hours ago, Mr. Duk said:

1) Interesting. I wonder if this can be fixed then? I noticed there’s a clipping error with the pillars when they lower down, I wonder if it has to do with that?

3) Nope, I have no special mods or anything special. Just Revilution and Doom 4 Vanilla in the last build of zDoom before it went extinct. Ultimately I’m assuming this is more my problem than a bug so I’m not too worried. I still use zDoom quite a bit, which in most cases is fine.

1) mmm probably yes , but i have no idea why this is happening =(

3) the problem is that zdoom doesn't auto load the dehacked file that's inside the wad , so you will need to manually load it 

zdoom -iwad doom2.wad -file tntrb.wad d4v.wad -deh d4v.deh 

I have a question

Is it intentional to have missing details on weapons? (Yellow markings on the side of the shotgun and Red markings on top of the BFG 9000 are not present)

Edit:

This is probably not meant to be seen

Screenshot_2019-10-28-18-24-58-58.png

Edited by DarkShotX45

And maybe the Oculus Rift Fatso should have long-range attacks instead of short-range attacks (Since Arachnotrons are placed on sniping positions, and the Cyber-Mancubus can only shoot short-range explosives)

5 hours ago, Pablo_Doom_Guy said:

1) mmm probably yes , but i have no idea why this is happening =(

3) the problem is that zdoom doesn't auto load the dehacked file that's inside the wad , so you will need to manually load it 

zdoom -iwad doom2.wad -file tntrb.wad d4v.wad -deh d4v.deh 

Thanks for the info... I usually click and drag actually, it typically works fine for me. So I'll click and drag revilution.wad, revilution.deh and d4van all onto my zdoom icon. I haven't had many issues in the past, but you are probably right that if I did it in the command line I might not see this problem. I typically use zDoom, GZDoom, and Zandronum. GZDoom is best for Brutal Doom and that sorta thing imo.

Anyway, I wonder if @Noiser has thoughts on the other issues?

Thanks!

29 minutes ago, Mr. Duk said:

Thanks for the info... I usually click and drag actually, it typically works fine for me. So I'll click and drag revilution.wad, revilution.deh and d4van all onto my zdoom icon. I haven't had many issues in the past, but you are probably right that if I did it in the command line I might not see this problem. I typically use zDoom, GZDoom, and Zandronum. GZDoom is best for Brutal Doom and that sorta thing imo.

Anyway, I wonder if @Noiser has thoughts on the other issues?

Thanks!

no problem man =) . It also works with the drag and drop method , but my inner nerd forces me to have a little .bat menu for all my dos games 

dosboxmenu.png.99517de790cbb7a82669e546accf085e.png 

and i also have a little menu for d4v that includes doom,doom2,final doom and free doom

Hmm, I downloaded 2.4 and load those with Plutonia and it works fine. However, whenever I load an individual weapon, it doesn't work. (GLBoom+ 2.514)

@Mr. Duk Thank you very much for your feedback. I can't do a long answer right now, but I will reply you as soon as possible. Again, thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

Hmm, I downloaded 2.4 and load those with Plutonia and it works fine. However, whenever I load an individual weapon, it doesn't work. (GLBoom+ 2.514)

Weird, it's working here. There is any specific weapon causing this?

This is the line I'm using: prboom-plus -iwad doom2.wad -file D4V.WAD -nodeh -deh D4V.deh [weapons here]
(I tested prboom and glboom)

Odamex still has problemns. :( It semi-crashes when finishing any map. Using console to advance to next map can be done, but you'll lose all the weapons etc.

9 hours ago, Noiser said:

This is the line I'm using: prboom-plus -iwad doom2.wad -file D4V.WAD -nodeh -deh D4V.deh [weapons here]

I loaded with the launcher, so probably that's the problem. I used to load them with launcher but they work. I'll try using the line this evening.

14 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

12 hours ago, Noiser said:

@Mr. Duk Thank you very much for your feedback. I can't do a long answer right now, but I will reply you as soon as possible. Again, thanks a lot!

new weapons are working on prboom and glboom 2.5.1.4 . The only problem i found so far is that after using the vortex rifle , if you cheat to have the weapon again you first need to make some shots with other guns , and then the vortex rifle is selectable again , if you run out of ammo you cant even select the punches (sometimes you end up with no weapons or fist at all ). Other than that i haven't found any other problems so far. (well vortex rifle is still not working on marine best friend 2.04 on dosbox)

9 hours ago, Zucca said:

Odamex still has problemns. :( It semi-crashes when finishing any map. Using console to advance to next map can be done, but you'll lose all the weapons etc.

it's true , and there is no music also (title screen does have music) and when you finish any map it gives this error message =/  

36591881_odamexcrash.png.13d25e6e8a2a539a72657349a81f9674.png

the game also crashes after using the vortex rifle (i've tried using the ms-dos , retro doom and prboom+ versions )