Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Drugod

Bloom - Doom/Blood crossover

The imp cultist's ghost-head projectile passes through walls, intended or bug?

In the first map, I'm getting the message "it's lock" on that path with the armor bonuses. Should be "it's locked".

The secret tombstone in the mausoleum can be activated from three sides. If you activate the other two sides after it was lowered, it will keep lowering into an inescapable pit and expose an untextured wall. (Personally, in this kind of situation, I use a script to both lower the platform and clear the specials from the other lines.)

When getting out of the water near the bridge, and bumping into the iron bars, I got spammed with messages saying "P_StartScript: Unknown script 20"

The rats that appear in the piano building can be lured to fall in the void. They don't die if they fall. They just scurry on the sky below, chittering constantly. I'd advise enabling falling damage for monsters and making sure the fall if lethal to monsters so this kind of silliness doesn't happen.

I'm not sure why said piano building appears as a secret in the automap, BTW.

Speaking of automap, one bit of polish you could add is hiding the terrain slope lines, since they're mostly doing visual clutter.

vFOWy3Z.png

Finally, the mugshot takes up too much space. I'd suggest getting rid of the horned skull decoration above it to allow to lower it by as many pixels.

Man this is awesome. I remember as a kid i was thinking while playing blood how doom would look in blood. Didn't thought my little childhood..eh..wish would actually happen. Looking forward to play this.

I think I finished the first level. I can exit it, but I only found 5/8 secrets and only killed 61/86 monsters. After using iddt and console cheat, I only have one secret, with two monsters and a stimpack in it.

That means that if I use "kill monsters" I get 63/86 monsters. There are 23 "monsters" that must have disappeared somehow without being counted as killed, a sign of buggy actor code.

Line #5920 has "line_horizon" effect but for some reason it's given the "player cross" trigger. This makes it appear on the automap as an interactable line.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

I think I finished the first level. I can exit it, but I only found 5/8 secrets and only killed 61/86 monsters. After using iddt and console cheat, I only have one secret, with two monsters and a stimpack in it.

That means that if I use "kill monsters" I get 63/86 monsters. There are 23 "monsters" that must have disappeared somehow without being counted as killed, a sign of buggy actor code.

Line #5920 has "line_horizon" effect but for some reason it's given the "player cross" trigger. This makes it appear on the automap as an interactable line.

Yeah, third level, with the train, I finished with something like 150 enemies out of 260 or 280 killed. So there probably is something going on there, since the level starts out at 115 enemies. I assumed it was due to lost souls getting, well, lost, but if you tried the kill monsters command and it still didn't work, that's interesting. I just did a quick test by making a pain elemental spawn a bunch of them, and kill monsters did in fact kill the lost souls, and the kill count was adjusted.

Just some updated thoughts; this thing is amazing. It's combining my two of my three favorite FPS games of all time (you can't really include Quake in this), into one game. I can't remember the last Doom mod that I've stopped playing to go do something else, and started getting antsy about going back to it. Over and over. It's really fun. 

It has some problems, it may just be over-decorated. Having vines hanging in front of doors with enemies that you can't see behind them, that's not good. I love the decorations, the vines over the consoles, but being unable to see enemies when you open a door isn't good design. As long as decorations don't impede in gameplay, they're good. 

And I think you may have to add something to the Doomguy's weapons to make it more interesting. Or not, that does go against the design, but this feels like a Blood game first and foremost. It's not like Blood and Doom met, it's like Blood took over Doom. Which I'm fine with, I absolutely love it; but I can't see myself playing as Doomguy instead of Caleb.

And for the record, BLM04 is some of the most impressive mapping I've ever seen in Doom. The section with the floating city is just amazing. I really didn't think you could do anything close to that with the Doom engine, even with modern source ports.

So yeah, keep it up. I'm looking forward to this thing.

Haven't had much time for gaming yet but I extracted the Bloom soundtrack and have been listening to it all day, it's really bloody good, kudos to the composer. I will certainly buy it.

8 hours ago, Slipgate Tourist said:

Haven't had much time for gaming yet but I extracted the Bloom soundtrack and have been listening to it all day, it's really bloody good, kudos to the composer. I will certainly buy it.

Hi the composers were me and the band  buio mondo, well i was on the band but i quit, anyway if you wanna support...it was released on cassette but actually its sold out, thanks for you kind words!

https://buiomondo.bandcamp.com/album/bloom

12 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

Now do a Doom-Heretic-Hexen-Blood crossover)

;)

12 hours ago, Jello said:

Just some updated thoughts; this thing is amazing. It's combining my two of my three favorite FPS games of all time (you can't really include Quake in this), into one game. I can't remember the last Doom mod that I've stopped playing to go do something else, and started getting antsy about going back to it. Over and over. It's really fun. 

It has some problems, it may just be over-decorated. Having vines hanging in front of doors with enemies that you can't see behind them, that's not good. I love the decorations, the vines over the consoles, but being unable to see enemies when you open a door isn't good design. As long as decorations don't impede in gameplay, they're good. 

And I think you may have to add something to the Doomguy's weapons to make it more interesting. Or not, that does go against the design, but this feels like a Blood game first and foremost. It's not like Blood and Doom met, it's like Blood took over Doom. Which I'm fine with, I absolutely love it; but I can't see myself playing as Doomguy instead of Caleb.

And for the record, BLM04 is some of the most impressive mapping I've ever seen in Doom. The section with the floating city is just amazing. I really didn't think you could do anything close to that with the Doom engine, even with modern source ports.

So yeah, keep it up. I'm looking forward to this thing.

we're working on this

21 hours ago, Gez said:

Thanks for the feedback im gonna take a look

On 11/5/2019 at 10:26 PM, Marlamir said:

Man this is awesome. I remember as a kid i was thinking while playing blood how doom would look in blood. Didn't thought my little childhood..eh..wish would actually happen. Looking forward to play this.

Thanks for play it

On 11/5/2019 at 8:41 PM, Gez said:

The imp cultist's ghost-head projectile passes through walls, intended or bug?

In the first map, I'm getting the message "it's lock" on that path with the armor bonuses. Should be "it's locked".

The secret tombstone in the mausoleum can be activated from three sides. If you activate the other two sides after it was lowered, it will keep lowering into an inescapable pit and expose an untextured wall. (Personally, in this kind of situation, I use a script to both lower the platform and clear the specials from the other lines.)

When getting out of the water near the bridge, and bumping into the iron bars, I got spammed with messages saying "P_StartScript: Unknown script 20"

The rats that appear in the piano building can be lured to fall in the void. They don't die if they fall. They just scurry on the sky below, chittering constantly. I'd advise enabling falling damage for monsters and making sure the fall if lethal to monsters so this kind of silliness doesn't happen.

I'm not sure why said piano building appears as a secret in the automap, BTW.

Speaking of automap, one bit of polish you could add is hiding the terrain slope lines, since they're mostly doing visual clutter.

vFOWy3Z.png

Finally, the mugshot takes up too much space. I'd suggest getting rid of the horned skull decoration above it to allow to lower it by as many pixels.

we'll fix it thanks!, very grateful of you feedback!

On 11/5/2019 at 4:46 PM, Slipgate Tourist said:

For some reason there is an "]" for me. I'm using Firefox. When I remove that character it works fine indeed.

Hide contents

LXXvAaM.jpg

really strange

Guys, THANK YOU, this what our project needs, test test test and test, very useful, we are gonna improve it for sure, very grateful of your suggestions and advices!!

ps: Sorry the late answer!

2 hours ago, Drugod said:

Hi the composers were me and the band  buio mondo, well i was on the band but i quit, anyway if you wanna support...it was released on cassette but actually its sold out, thanks for you kind words!

https://buiomondo.bandcamp.com/album/bloom

Any chance you'll be doing another round of printings of that cassette? I would love to add it to my collection. This soundtrack is fantastic.

im trying to find some good maps to play this with. Arcadia is one, but i need more! any one got any ideas? also, is there a wad thats just the blood levels? i tried using zblood but that didnt work 

17 hours ago, DderNabroc said:

im trying to find some good maps to play this with. Arcadia is one, but i need more! any one got any ideas? also, is there a wad thats just the blood levels? i tried using zblood but that didnt wor

Sunlust, memento mori, going down....sigil 

20 hours ago, kknot5889 said:

Any chance you'll be doing another round of printings of that cassette? I would love to add it to my collection. This soundtrack is fantastic.

We are thinking to make a pc box like, selling the ost in cd format with some gift like a usb floppy disk like Sigil, we have make several concepts... if we can do it maybe we'll make a kickstarter to start the pc box project. 

av.jpg.d30fd09e3918fb8680d3b56666947846.jpg

Fixed all the things noticed by Gez and UndeadRyker, also some more that no one noticed too eheh
You may check these fixes on our github repository in case, thanks a lot for you awesome feedbacks and criticisms, let them come!
As a side note: the problem with countkills was cause by a couple of monsters selector which inherits some creatures, said with Monster combo they were messing stuff. Also no one noticed that some (fortunately not fundamental) 3d floors doesn't appear on Zandronum 2.8+ and that Gargovile was also cause of the COUNTKILL mess, where it had its health reset for each flying/ground behavior change.
Reduced drastically damage done by Phantasms and relative projectiles (so even CvltImps), which now are SEEKERMISSILES with nerfed speed, but with very less chance of going wide range (12-18 damage versus 12-48 of demo), and also doesn't clip walls. There is a huge I list I should write down here, but well you'll notice it on next release or simply checking our repository.

I liked it well enough, though all the slopes & bumps on the "dirt" patches feel unnecessary. They may add some minor visual details but walking on them feels janky & horribly uneven, like walking in an ice level at times.

I caught some oddities in level 2- there's a trigger line on the alcove in the second E1M1 room with no corresponding switch on the wall, it does seem to trigger when activated with no idea what it does, if anything. The switch in the first room can also be activated before going through the outdoor area to lower the wall in front of it. Either one or both of these broke the level and I could not get a door to open, forcing a restart.

I also got random messages in LZDoom during play about corrupt JPG images, but I'm not sure it affected anything, the game didn't crash and I didn't notice any apparent visual bugs.

The wobbly dimensional sky texture also looks horrible without a visual filter turned on.

This is an issue where I got trapped on map 4, Ghost Down Town. I'm half sure I overlooked something here but this video does not exhaust my attempts to escape from this room. If at all possible I'd prefer a way to escape it rather than an attempt to block access since I did enjoy getting there. Anyway, this is an incredible mod. I think I'm an alright player who habituates on UV so I don't mind telling you that I don't understand why I keep lighting on fire when I'm fighting zombies, the strange looking midi kits are impossible to pick up, there doesn't seem to be enough ammo and health is very sparse. It's an amazing mod and I'm loving it but I don't know where you're shooting for as far as difficulty. This seems quite a bit more difficult than Psychophobia, another wad that I love, and there was no end to the bitching there. Anyway, keep it up. Wonderful mod, love it, good work!

@Nihlith - Thanks man for your kind words, we have fixed the issue noticed by you recently so expect a fixed version of the map in next release!

Now guys it is time for some promotional stuff: Vote us on ModDB, we are going through ModDB of the Year 2019! Also don't forget to check our website, patreon, social media links and even Steam group, there is a discussion there that waits your feedbacks too!

Thanks to all of you, BlooM has won the Best Crossover mod on ModDB Mod of the Year Awards! It feels so good and this surely will prod our motivation to lightspeed development! Thank you very much 

https://www.moddb.com/groups/2019-mod-of-the-year-awards/features/editors-choice-mod-of-the-year-2019

In case you wonder, we are working hard on several things. Atm the mod received countless updates after the demo release, I am going to explain you which has been changed or added shortly:

All maps fixed in terms of gameplay for Single Player

Doom and Doom II vanilla maps now works properly with mapinfo specials such as baronspecial, spidermastermindspecial and so on, only Map07 of Doom 2 needs a little fix

Added 5 new classes of enemies with 2 completely brand new, plus 2 bosses

Fixed SpiderMother, Gargoviles and ArchZombie behaviors to not fill countkills and infinite monsters spawning

Freaking actors polishment and rework in terms of code organization, behavior and performance

The majority of human enemies can swim and have burn/shock/xdeath custom frames

Added all brand new colored brightmaps for Caleb weapons

Added brand new colored brightmaps for all original Blood monsters, plus a couple of hybrids as well

Fixed Doom sprites showing wrong palette, now all gets replaced with Truecolor frames

Added Keys for Doomguy fullscreen HUD

Added new models for floating buildings

Added 3 new weapons for Doomguy: flamethrower, frostgun and teslacannon

And much much more...

16 hours ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Hello, is there any new updates for this mod?

You should probably head to ZDoom forums.

getting some weird artifacting and textures going through the floor, anyone know what's up? *FIXED* turned on hardware accelerated rendering and it fixed it, I'm a noob

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 6.55.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 6.55.34 AM.png

Edited by greet

Smooth Bloom (Blood_Doom) Arsenal/Guns/Weapon Set Mod Showcase in Doom (Made by "kalensar")

@Drugod @Rolls @Ozymandias81

Wow...I only can say one thing: Awesome !!

BlooM is a must-play experience for fans of both DOOM and BLOOD. It delivers an exhilarating, nostalgic trip through two iconic FPS worlds, while offering enough fresh content to keep players enthralled.

The enemy roster has also been expanded, showcasing gruesome mashups of creatures from both games. The result is an intriguing lineup of foes that are as terrifying as they are challenging, ensuring that even seasoned players will be kept on their toes. It's a testament to the modders' dedication and attention to detail that these new abominations fit so seamlessly into the game.

It may not have won a cacoward but it won the award of Best Mod of 2019 from MODDB.com, so it's clear that BlooM is a labor of love from a talented team of modders who respect and understand the source material. Their dedication shines through in every aspect of the game, from the seamless blending of the two universes to the meticulous recreation of each character's weaponry and abilities.

Whether you're a seasoned veteran of these classic games or a newcomer eager to experience the magic of '90s FPS gaming, BlooM is a mod that deserves your attention... :-D !!

Thanks so much to Bloom Team for making this possible !!

Friend showed me this and WOW this is amazing. love how over the top it is. I have never played BLOOD but it looks dope and ill have to try it after this. I like that I get to annihilate the fish people cause i hate lovecraftian fish people they make me uneasy. hahaha
I've been experiencing some fps drop in the foggy areas or areas with water. but went thru settings and nothing fixed it yet. wondering if this is a known issue?