Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pop13lolol

whats your favorite doom music track?

"Kitchen ace" is blatantly a minced oath for "kicking ass". You've got that parenthetical part of the title that "(and taking name)" if it weren't obvious enough.

You know, like saying "oh shoot, this monkey-fighter is gonna fog everything up!"

17 hours ago, Gez said:

"Kitchen ace" is blatantly a minced oath for "kicking ass". You've got that parenthetical part of the title that "(and taking name)" if it weren't obvious enough.

It's still a stupid song title, though 

Legion of the Lost.

Not that I don't love the fast stuff, but I connect this one to a map I found ages ago that basically drove me into mapping, and I would love to play it again. Haven't been able to find it though.

Doom

Suspense, Demons on the Prey, Sign of Evil, The Demons from Adrian's Pen, Sinister, Waltz of the Demons, Deep into the Code

Doom II

Running from Evil, Shawn's Got the Shotgun, Into Sandy's City, Message of the Archvile, Opening to Hell, Intermission Music, Endgame

TNT:Evilution

Sadistic, Death's Bells, Agony Rhapsody, Into the Beast's Belly, Legion of the Lost

On 11/1/2019 at 12:44 AM, Maximum Matt said:

Kitchen Ace?  The fuck is that??

23 hours ago, Gez said:

You know, like saying "oh shoot, this monkey-fighter is gonna fog everything up!"

It’s so absurd, reminds me of that famous scene from the Big Lebowski that censured “fuck a stranger in the ass” to “find a singer in the alps” or whatever, It’s actually so flat-out moronic that it wraps around and becomes funny to me. I don’t think any of the other song names are dumb though, and even though this one is dumb I still like it.

Er anyway I’d say my favourites are E2M2 and E1M8 from Doom1 and Pharaoh and Into the Beasts Belly from TNT. Jimmys extended remix is pretty damn awesome too. I’ll give an honorary shoutout to The Healer Stalks, major props on being a note-for-note song ripped directly from a Taco Bell ad. 🌮 🔔 

On 11/2/2019 at 12:50 AM, Doomkid said:

It’s so absurd, reminds me of that famous scene from the Big Lebowski that censured “fuck a stranger in the ass” to “find a singer in the alps” or whatever

That is so lame, especially when they do that to the iconic line in the movie because it has swears and they don't wanna offend some nerds - apparently Die Hard and Snakes On A Plane have had their iconic lines 'censored' in that way too.  I believe 'monkey fighter' was what they went with on one of them

On dimanche 3 novembre 2019 at 10:51 AM, Maximum Matt said:

That is so lame, especially when they do that to the iconic line in the movie because it has swears and they don't wanna offend some nerds - apparently Die Hard and Snakes On A Plane have had their iconic lines 'censored' in that way too.  I believe 'monkey fighter' was what they went with on one of them

Some of them actually fit well enough that you don't necessarily notice if you're not aware of the censorship ("smart little sucker", "my eyes are wide focused open"), in others the problem isn't the choice of word replacement but in how poorly the edit was done ("we would be SLOPPY, you calling us SLOPPY?'), and for some the substitution is just so dumb it's kind of hilarious ("hand me the key, you fairy godmother", "yippee-ki-yay, Mr. Falcon!", and the aforementioned "find a stranger in the alps" or "monkey-fighting snakes on this monday-to-friday plane").

I love the Bobby Prince soundtrack but as I lost my DOOM virginity on the PS1 the opening theme by Aubrey Hodges on that port will always be my fave.

Here it is my list:

• From Ultimate Doom
    • Suspense
    • Demons on the prey
    • Sinister
    • Victory music (end of episode for UD)
  • Message for the archvile
  • Doom64 endgame music
  • Doom 3 main theme
  • From Doom 2016
    • BFG division
    • Argent combat
    • Hell on mars
    • Vega processing
    • Advanced research complex ambient
    • Lazarus combat

On 11/6/2019 at 8:40 AM, Gez said:

Some of them actually fit well enough that you don't necessarily notice if you're not aware of the censorship ("smart little sucker", "my eyes are wide focused open"), in others the problem isn't the choice of word replacement but in how poorly the edit was done ("we would be SLOPPY, you calling us SLOPPY?'), and for some the substitution is just so dumb it's kind of hilarious ("hand me the key, you fairy godmother", "yippee-ki-yay, Mr. Falcon!", and the aforementioned "find a stranger in the alps" or "monkey-fighting snakes on this monday-to-friday plane").

I don't want to throw this thread off-topic but after watching those I couldn't not post this. A brilliant sketch from Harry Enfield highlighting the pure stupidity of crap censoring. 

On 10/30/2019 at 10:02 PM, GarrettChan said:

Where would you place this one in all the ones you mentioned? I like this one a lot, but it seems many others feel this one is too creepy ;P

Eh, beautiful question. I don't know it... Maybe make a better "top n music" next time...

The entire D64, PSX Doom, and 3DO Doom soundtracks.

From classic Doom games: Unknown (D_E2M9/E3M1), D_DOOM, D_EVIL, D_ULTIMA, Into Sandy's City, Shawn's Got the Shotgun, The Dave D. Taylor Blues, Adrian's Asleep, Countdown to Death, The Imp's Song, Dark Halls, Suspense, I Sawed the Demons, Sinister, Waltz of the Demons, Nobody Told Me About id, Donna to the Rescue,